Greatest Disney Character!! The Poll

In you opinion, Who is the Greatest Disney Character?

• Chip and Dale

Votes: 32 20.8%
  • Timon and Pumbaa

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Woody

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Buzz

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alice in Wonderland

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Peter Pan

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Tinker Bell

Votes: 36 23.4%
  • Bambi

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Nemo

• Sulley (Monsters Inc)

• Baloo

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Beast

• Aladdin

• Simba

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Winnie the Pooh

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Stitch

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Dumbo

• Pinocchio

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Scrooge McDuck

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Mr. J. Thaddeus Toad

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters

MickeyLover404

Original Poster
Hey everyone! I was talking to some of my Disney fanatic friends earlier today and we got into a heated discussion on which Disney character is the best! No joke, we sat there for at least 2 hours discussing this, lmao:ROFLOL:! So i figured that i'd ask the faithful Disney fans on WDWMagic their opinions on this matter. So i made this poll, and would love to know who all of you think the greatest Disney Character is!
Now i am using the same rules that me and my friends used. The Fab 5 (including Daisy) can not be used in this poll, becuase their popularity is greater then other characters. Princesses can also not be used for the same reason, and probably becuase we were all guys lmao! We did include some Pixar characters in the discussion!
So please let me know who you all think is the greatest Disney character. And as i am limited to making the poll contain only 20 characters please feel free to add your own. Thanks every one!

MickeyLover404

Original Poster
Well, i guess you all see my vote already lol. Chip and Dale of course! You gotta love those crazy chipmunks lol! And keep it up guys, your all helping me prove my friends wrong! Lmao :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

That's a tough one...but I'd say Merryweather from Sleeping Beauty. She gets neglected sometimes...and I wish she'd do character greetings!

Nicole220

This is a hard one!

I voted for Simba because The Lion King is my favorite movie of all time. But some others for me include Tigger, Cinderella, Maire, Eeyore, Pooh, and of course Jack Sparrow.

mnfootballmommy

Wow, that was a tough one! I voted for Tinkerbell but ONLY because she is on EVERY Disney video/DVD. I tried to pick the character that most said "Disney" and since she always does the little wand thing at the beginning of every video (we watch a LOT of Disney here...), she seemed the logical choice with who was given. There are others that I would have chosen over her if they had been on the list. (Eeyore, Mary Poppins, etc.)

MickeyLover404

Original Poster
Wow, that was a tough one! I voted for Tinkerbell but ONLY because she is on EVERY Disney video/DVD. I tried to pick the character that most said "Disney" and since she always does the little wand thing at the beginning of every video (we watch a LOT of Disney here...), she seemed the logical choice with who was given. There are others that I would have chosen over her if they had been on the list. (Eeyore, Mary Poppins, etc.)
Thank you so much for that insight. I never actually thought of it like that. Everyone always picks their favorite character or a character from their favorite movie, but that explaination is so logical. Thanks again, this helped so much!!

Greenlawler

Okay it depends on your criteria. I once rated the top 300 Disney characters in a notebook on a long flight.

If personal favorites were the criteria then maybe omited were Robin Hood and Hewey Dewey and Louie, easily top characters being some of the few characters that boys like. And todays culture would certainly include Jack Skellington on the list. I would also say Dopey is probably a top twenty character more so than some on your list.

If greatness is your criteria than there is no way to avoid the fact that Winnie The Pooh is by far more popular, more marketable, and dominates Disney culture twice as much as any of the others on your list. As far as sales go I have read that Pooh sells as well as the big Mouse. In fact his popularity surpases most of the big 5, and is only surpassed by Mickey and perhaps Donald. Ask 100 people in America to identify Pluto and Pooh I garauntee more know who Pooh is, same with Minnie or Goofy. (That ought to ruffle some feathers). Before you Disney "purist" jump down my throat I know A A Milne created Pooh bear and not Disney. I know that the original was supperior to Disney's version, but that does not mean Pooh is not overwhelmingly popular. How many popular Disney characters were truly Disney originals? Don't answer just think. Chip and Dale, Pan and others certainly deserve to be on that list but no one matches Pooh in popularity or comes close on that list. Although I will admit Tinkerbell would be the closest contender.

lunarsquid

What exactly do you mean by "greatest?" Are you asking, "If all the Disney characters got in a battle, who would be the last one standing?"
:drevil:
If so, I think Genie would win... but since he's a genie and all... i think Stitch could take anyone.

...except perhaps Maximillian... :D

Hrudey3032

If the main 5 were included it would have been Donald(he doesn't get as much merchandise and that makes me so mad:mad: ) but I really enjoyed Monsters Inc and Mike Wazowski

Animaniac93-98

I voted for Mr. Toad, but I really like Ludvig Von Drake, Gurgi, Basil, Olivia, Bernard, Bianca, the Aracuan Bird etc. and most villains.

mpoppins76

:sohappy: :sohappy: Chip & Dale in the lead!!!! They are my all-time favorite. 'Course I'm a little biased, I suppose. :eek:

2nd would be Mickey, of course, followed real close by Dopey. :)

NewfieFan

If greatness is your criteria than there is no way to avoid the fact that Winnie The Pooh is by far more popular, more marketable, and dominates Disney culture twice as much as any of the others on your list. As far as sales go I have read that Pooh sells as well as the big Mouse. In fact his popularity surpases most of the big 5, and is only surpassed by Mickey and perhaps Donald. Ask 100 people in America to identify Pluto and Pooh I garauntee more know who Pooh is, same with Minnie or Goofy. (That ought to ruffle some feathers). Before you Disney "purist" jump down my throat I know A A Milne created Pooh bear and not Disney. I know that the original was supperior to Disney's version, but that does not mean Pooh is not overwhelmingly popular. How many popular Disney characters were truly Disney originals? Don't answer just think. Chip and Dale, Pan and others certainly deserve to be on that list but no one matches Pooh in popularity or comes close on that list. Although I will admit Tinkerbell would be the closest contender.

I agree, I was thinking the same thing. And with the new Playhouse Disney show "My Friends Tigger and Pooh" Winnie the Pooh is going to appeal to a whole new generation of children. My son was never that into Pooh - he knew who he was but had other characters he liked a whole lot more. But after this new show started he loves Pooh and now has a love for the Winnie the Pooh cartoons and movies. I think it will continue to be very popular in the future...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom