Great WDW trip last week!!

alilance

Original Poster
Hi everyone!! I just got back from my 8 day trip to WDW!!! It was pretty much perfect!! For anyone that is thinking of going or booking a trip during May, (we were there from May 10-18) will be in for a pleasant suprise!!! The weather was beautiful - Sunny and mid 80's for most of the trip!! The best part were the crowds!! This was my third trip this year, I went last Aug. and last week of Nov. through the first week of Dec. and I was starting to get discouraged!!:brick:The crowds were really heavy during both those trips. But I am quite happy to say that the crowds were not heavy at all! I actually walked on most if not all the rides at all the parks!!! I don't know if we just hit the right parks the rights days, or if the parks were not busy at all! But, what a treat!!!!! I actually walked on Space Mountain twice, and was able to stay on Kali River Rapids for a second ride!!!! That was exciting!! Did anyone have the same experiences last week?? We were also fortunate enough to ride the new Toy Story Mania ride yesterday, our last day! Well, I hope everyone had similar experiences last week!! :sohappy::wave::sohappy:

Mrs.PhD

So glad you had a good time. We left on the day you got there. The weather was great wasn't it?

The crowds were not overwhelming for us, but it sure did not seem bare.

The loved the park hours, there were many nights that MK was open late.

We did the P&P on May 9th, it was a lot of fun.

Princess Belle

Thats great you had such a good time! We are arriving in WDW this Thursday and I pray for the crowds and weather to be as great as it was last week! Thanks for posting!:sohappy:

GoofyMom2

So glad you had a great time! :wave:

My father was there 2 weeks ago just for 1 day of MK....he said evrything was perfect, weather was nice, low crowds etc. He even got to be "That Guy" at Laugh Floor... :ROFLOL:He said only crazy part was being stuck on POTC for 1 1/2 hours and having to be evacuated off! ( I wonder if they were in the part they were all singing, I forgot to ask :lookaroun )

PS I am slowly turning the rest of my family into Disney-holics....hehehe

pooh071567

We were also there from May 11-17. :sohappy: The weather was perfect and the crowd levels were great. We walked on almost everything twice. We were in Epcot on Monday and my father-in-law got pick to play King Arthur in the Holy Grail skit they do in the United Kingdom. He was absolutely hilarious. We will definitely go back during this time in May.

cooleo

You are absolutely right about everything concerning this time of year. I have been there twice during the exact week you speak of & had the same experiences. Great weather & light attendance; to have the F & G Fest is an added bonus. My experience has been that the week following Mother's Day is the best. Most people are home with the kids finishing final exams before school lets out. Lots of people don't mind taking the kids out of school for a Disney trip, but practically none are willing to do it at this critical time of the school year. That is the reason it has been a few years since we were there during this time. We did it twice before my son started school, but now is out of the question. :) Glad you had a Great time.

Dream Theater

We were there last week as well (10th-17th). Agree the weather was great. MK was crowded on Thursday (15th), but other than that I have no complaints.

slowbee

We agree, we were there from the 10th thru the 17th and had a great time. Saturday the 17th was the hottest and most crowded (MK) day of the bunch. Otherwise, weather was great, the crowds are nice and our first time visitors who were there with us had a great 1st trip. Biggest bummer of the trip though was we showed up Sunday morning for the TSM preview.. got half way thru the line when the ride broke down and they cleared out the building. So, we went and saw VLM and GMR before going back. We get right back in line and get to the EXACT same spot when it broke down again... same drill clear out the building... we never got to ride it again. That was the worst part of the trip. And to those who are thinking about it.... become a DVC member. I LOVE MY DVC MEMBERSHIP.

The one thing that bugged me this trip though was that on two separate days, we witnessed fights!

On Tuesday at Hollywood and Vine, I watched a couple come out of the restaurant and the lady spun around a smacked the guy she was with right up side the head. Nothing after that except the distance and cold shoulder they were giving each other.

Then last Thursday at the Grand Canyon Concourse at the Contemp. two ladies got into a knock down, drag down flight right in front of the bathrooms. One got the better of the other. It was a shame because these two ladies were throwing haymakers right in front of my girls and other guests. Would love to know if anyone else saw that...

lpet11984

Sounds wonderful! Hopefully one of these days I'll get to go-- I've been wanting to run the 5K they do through Epcot in early May, but I can never get time off to go (HS teacher). Glad you had a great time!

Dream Theater-- I love your avatar!

NEmickeyfan

I too, was at the "World" from May 10-17. The weather was beautiful and, as stated above, the crowds were reasonable and the wait times for attractions were minimal.

TSM is a hoot.... and just what DHS needed. I look forward to doing it again in October.

I was also lucky enough to get a pass to the VIP lounge above Test Track. Great views of the park, free sodas and coffee and a VIP pass to the ride.

I honestly had very little to complain about... Disney does such an amazing job of keeping us entertained, and the tranportation is the best. The only thing that irked me is all the over-weight people on scooters....lol

so you glad you had a great trip!

This is encouraging as this is the week we are considering for next year.

If you don't mind, can i ask what park you were at on Mother's day and how the crowds were??

if we go when we are thinking it will put us in the MK on Mother's day and not sure if that's just a plum crazy idea!! LOL

Thanks!!

krankenstein

Glad you had a good trip. I was at The World May 19th-22nd and also agree with the weather and crowds being about perfect. P&PP was about the best money I have invested at WDW in awhile. The crowds were grea and the fireworks were amazing!

DISMOM

We were at the World May 3-10th and the weather was really great. High 80's to low 90's with a hot dry wind blowing all of the time. Only sprinkles on the evening of the 3rd. As for crowds..we noticied not a lot of Americans. We made friends with lots of Canadians, English and Australians. The best parks that we hit crowd-wise were the ones that had neither early magic hour nor late magic hours. That's right, finally, on our 3rd vacation to the World we finally have it figured out....go to the non-extra hour parks as they are the slowest of all. I were worried about bus transpotation back to POFQ after winning an extra magic hour at Magic Kingdom, but the CM's and bus drivers put my mind at rest-the said that as long as someone is standing at the bus station, they will send a bus to get us back to our resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom