Great Disney Quest article

Disneydreamer23

I have never been in DQ but My mom got in for free in Sept in her little coupon booklet and she told me it was " cute" but I would never go in unless free

secondstartotheright

We went to DQ this past September and like many others agreed it was in pretty terrible shape. Many of the "E-Tickets" are flat out pathetic, I'm honestly not sure how Ride the Comix and the Aladdin simulator are still operating. I was with a group of teenagers and they were all cracking up at how bad and outdated the graphics were.

Glasgow

I could not be less interested in a place like DQ. Can't understand why anyone goes here unless they are local or have more than 7 days on property. What am I missing? Obviously many people disagree with me, otherwise it wouldn't stay happen.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I went to Disney Quest in 2012. I liked the Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise attractions. Nothing else was really stood out to me as memorable.

roj2323

I basically agree with what everyone else is saying. The place is interesting to visit once but it's not worth the money or worth going back because it is so dated.

So what would you do to revitalize DQ?

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I basically agree with what everyone else is saying. The place is interesting to visit once but it's not worth the money or worth going back because it is so dated.

So what would you do to revitalize DQ?

Replace it & lower the price of the "waterparks and more" add-on. With what, I don't know. I was a fan of the whole ESPN Zone idea but with Splitsville right next door - it might just work?

eblaz37

Excuse my stupid question, but what year was DQ built? What was the reaction to it when it first opened?

I too find it to be flat out embarrassing. When they painted it last year, I got excited thinking they were actually ready to spend some money on the place. But obviously, that just was the exterior and nothing inside. Boo.

71jason

Excuse my stupid question, but what year was DQ built? What was the reaction to it when it first opened?

1998. The technology was far more impressive back then. It was also less of a video arcade, at least in theory, wasn't marketed as such. There was better theming, too--the third floor, for example, had a number of creative outlets. But it was allowed to die off slowly, piece by piece.

MOXOMUMD

When we went to DQ almost all of the pinball games were broken and the skee ball games never had enough balls to complete a game. I found a bowling video game like you would find at your local VFW. Amazing how long I sat at that game. :oops: Another amazing thing...the place was packed!

John

Havnt been there in years. Do they still have the drawing classes? Always liked doing that one. How about the tanks? I knew that Cheesecake left but what replaced it...cant remember? Do they still offer any food?

71jason

Havnt been there in years. Do they still have the drawing classes? Always liked doing that one. How about the tanks? I knew that Cheesecake left but what replaced it...cant remember? Do they still offer any food?

I think I saw the drawing classes in December--at least, still set up for it.

Is still food. A generic quick serve grill on 5, a smaller snack stand with the WDW specialty cupcakes of the moment on 4.

gravyballs

They charge way too much for what you get with a run down Disney Quest. Iam all for throwing an ESPN Zone in that spot. Great place to get away and watch games. They need a good, big sports bar on Disney Property. ESPN Club at Boardwalk is ok but way too small.

disney4life2008

I never got disneyquest - why waste money and time here? I went once and it smelled like chukee cheese in there. I think Cheesecake Factory had a restaurant in there at the time.

Did Knee

I havent been to the world in a couple of years now. I always went to DQ because we always get the "waterparks & more" option. I love the pirates thing, its always a hoot to do with a group of family or friends as is Astro Blaster. I can get into the classic arcade stuff as well. That said, I wouldn't buy DQ as aseparate ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom