Great Disney CM Experince

cblodg

Original Poster
I wanted to pass along a wonderful experince I witnessed with a CM on my last trip. I was in line at Cosmic Ray's (didn't realize Bay 3 was gone) and when the woman in front of me told the cashier that her daughter was on a Gluten Free diet, the CM couldn't have been more accomodating.

She helped the woman by finding the ingredients and diet needs in her binder and explained how a couple of meals could be tweaked if the woman wanted. There was a large group of teenage girls behind me and one of them started to complain and wanted to know what was taking so long. I turned around and explained what it meant if the woman's daughter got any kind of Gluten in her meal (I've worked in a dietary department for a hospital so I'm well aware of the restrictions and needs). The girls were still not satisfied saying that they shouldn't have to wait that long for some "special needs diet." Mind you they all had their cell phones out.

Of course the mother could hear all of this and started to get embarassed and the CM decided to point the girls over to another stand that the CM asked be opened. They went over and I staid right where I was. The CM said "sir you can go over to that stand too if you'd like." I told her that I had no problems waiting and that I was very impressed with how she helped this mother and her daughter.

The manager came out to confirm something on the diet menu and while she was there I was sure to let the manager know of how impressed I was with this CM. I recounted the tale to the manager and she was very happy that I did. The company that I work for now has "Thank You" cards that all employees carry and give out when they see exceptional customer service. I had to give this CM a card. She thanked and hugged me.

I want to thank all of the dedicated, hard working CMs out there. It is the kind of detail and caring that was displayed that makes EVERY person at Disney World feel special. Bravo! :sohappy:

City Hall

That's great to hear! While this level of service is always the goal, it can certainly be tough to pull off on a daily basis. Taking a moment to let the manager know you appreciate this service was a great idea. It's amazing how much negative feedback gets reported and how very little positive feedback gets noted. If anyone sees a Cast Member going above please take a moment to let Guest Relations or a manager know about it. It will definitely be appreciated, and that can lead to improved service for others. Thanks for sharing!

Duckberg

CM's @ WDW

Rigth now CM's :sohappy: @ WDW are working under a LOT of pressure with the current layoff threats & they still perform WELL :D Duckberg :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom