Grande Floridian question

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi All,

At the Grande Floridian, are there Magic Kingdom views from the rooms? For Contemporary and Polynesian, on the WDW website, it specifies Magic Kingdom views but it does not for the GF. Do they have these views?

Thank you!! :wave:

yankspy

Yes and no. What I mean is that at the Contemporary you have that straight ahead view of MK where you can easily see MK. There are some rooms at the GF that have a decent view of the MK but nothing as good as the Contemporary. I had a GF room with an MK view but it was not listed as such because you sort of had to look to your left to see it. It was nice and it was not like you needed binoculaurs or anything, but it was nothing like the Poly or Con. views.

Upvote 0

nolatron

When I stayed at the G/F a few years ago, there was the option for a "lagoon view" room. I guess depending on which side of the building you get, you might get a Magic Kingdom view.

We took a Lagoon view room on our trip and got a view of the Polynesian resort and the lagoon. It was quite nice actually.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I am thinking that our next big trip will we have to stay at Poly. I think it would be amazing to go to sleep and wake up to the Castle!! I like the Poly better then Contemp. I remember from our honeymoon we could see the castle but you had to go out on the balcony, lean over the right side and you did need a zoom lens to see the castle. I didn't know if they had better rooms then that.

Upvote 0

Kelsybelle

We stayed in one of the honeymoon suites at the GF (on our honeymoon) and we had an amazing view of the castle. I'm guessing the rooms with views of the castle are probably in that catagory.
I think you would have better luck getting a castle view room at the Polynesian than at the Contemporary. Besides, you can't beat the atmosphere (or anything else for that matter!) of the Polynesian, it's top notch! :)

Upvote 0
I am thinking that our next big trip will we have to stay at Poly. I think it would be amazing to go to sleep and wake up to the Castle!! I like the Poly better then Contemp. I remember from our honeymoon we could see the castle but you had to go out on the balcony, lean over the right side and you did need a zoom lens to see the castle. I didn't know if they had better rooms then that.
Hi, Disneygirl76! If you have never stayed at the Poly, please go there at once! It is the most amazing place ever. (You can see that I am a big fan!). The MK view rooms are great, but actually all of the views are good. We personally love to stay in Fiji with a view of the volcano pool. FYI: there is a wonderful view of the castle from the volcano pool. We love to just stand there up to our necks in water and stare at the castle and say "we're finally here!" That view is even better from the top of the slide!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Hi, Disneygirl76! If you have never stayed at the Poly, please go there at once! It is the most amazing place ever. (You can see that I am a big fan!). The MK view rooms are great, but actually all of the views are good. We personally love to stay in Fiji with a view of the volcano pool. FYI: there is a wonderful view of the castle from the volcano pool. We love to just stand there up to our necks in water and stare at the castle and say "we're finally here!" That view is even better from the top of the slide!

Thanks so much for the info! I know this is silly but I kind of just never paid attention to it b/c of the Lilo and Stitch character meal. Silly silly reason...I know that now! :) I'm looking at when next year would be the best time to - cost wise. The MK view rooms are $$$ so i'm trying to see when the best time of year would be to go there - we have 3 mini - trips planned for next year! :) Thanks again!!

Upvote 0

DisneyparkFreak

Re:

yes they have them... When we went on or honeymoon they upgraded us to the view. We had one directly across the lake from the castle, we were also there on gradnights so we got a special fireworks show at midnight for 2 days in a row. The GF is fantastic, but i don't know if i would pay for the room... Especially if you spend all day in the parks.

Great resort no doubt. but the view may not be worth it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom