Grand Floridian Resort restaurants, shops and courtyard pool to close for refurbishment this year

cgulls

Ah then yea I think those are finished. I leave Sunday so I can grab pics of anything if you want!

updated pics would be very cool. Courtyard pool construction. DVC construction. Bring it on! Posting here would be terrific. If there are too many and it's not trouble for, I'd welcome an email. Thanks!

Next Big Thing

Might be beyond that. Not sure the relatively minimal new infrastructure is sufficient to support 200 new villas likely to be occupied every night. Surprised the new DVC doesn't seem to have its own anything--pool, restaurant, bar...
Haven't you been paying attention? That's the DVC model. Add on to an existing hotel, maybe do some upgrades to that existing hotel here and there, and do the bare minimum with the DVC extension and tout that the amenities are "within walking distance".

hollywoodj

I wouldn't get your hopes up sadly. :( I was excited for the new pool renos to be done when I booked my trip for next week and lo and behold there will be no courtyard pool open right outside of our building, when I called I was told early spring at the earliest (which could be wrong, I am just going by what the lady on the phone said her computer said). Thankfully it will still be Disney World so I am sure it will still be a fabulous trip.
Disney's website states the Courtyard pool will be open in March.

awesomeinabox

Disney's website states the Courtyard pool will be open in March.
At the time of booking (August) the website said it would be finished in early December, I figured a month for delays would be sufficient, guess not. Things happen, I'm sure I'll be over it the minute I get there. I've learned my lesson to not trust Disney's rehab end dates. :rolleyes:

cgulls

This might be old news but I hadn't yet seen the last two small refurbs on this list.

Source is http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Now – Feb. 5, 2013: Valet parking lot mill and overlay will occur. Now – Feb. 6, 2013: Ivy Trellis Salon will be closed for refurbishment. American Beauty Salon and Captain's Chair at Disney's Contemporary Resort, or Casa de Belleza Salon at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort available. Guests may call 407-824-3410 to book an appointment.
Now – February 2013: Courtyard Pool will be closed for refurbishment. The Beach Pool will remain open during this time. Beaches Pool Bar & Grill will be open.
Now – February 2013: Courtyard Pool Bar will be closed for refurbishment. Beaches Pool Bar & Grill will be open. Now – To Be Determined: Grand Floridian Beach area is closed due to construction.
Feb. 24 – March 8, 2013: The Beach Pool Slide will be closed for refurbishment. The Poll will remain open.
March 7 – 8, 2013: Beach pool will be closed for deck cleaning and caulking.

Ariel484

Spent marathon weekend in a courtyard-view room in Conch Key (fabulous...loved it...wish I was there now :(). Here are a couple of pictures...

Courtyard area pool:

edited-0149.jpg

Close-up of DVC:

edited-0151.jpg

Gasparilla was nice...I hadn't ever been inside before the refurb but it seemed like there was a good amount of space. :) Never heard any construction noise but did see them working quite a bit.

kane47

Other Disney boards are reporting a short closure of Victoria and Albert's around June or July. Does anyone have any info on this rehab? Date? For how long? Whats being done?

kane47

Has the exact opening date for the courtyard pool been released yet? Also, has the exact dates for Victoria and Albert's rehab been released?

kane47

Isn't this pool supposed to be turned into a zero entry one?
It is if you look closely to where the shallow end used to be you will see it has been filled in. They really lost a lot of swimming area doing this. However, I guess it fits Disney's vision on how their pool should be. I am just hoping that with the DVC coming online the Grands pools will not get over crowded and rendered less enjoyable.

kane47

There are reports on other message boards that the courtyard pool has been filled and they are working on landscaping. If anyone is currently down there can you confirm this and/or share any pictures?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom