Grand Floridian or Contemporary? Need Advice

DisneylandRRGuy

Grand Floridian or Poly? Need Advice?

I need some advice for which hotel to pick. I am a Disneyland vet. Been to WDW a few times, and stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside last time. Currently I have reservations at the Contemporary in the garden wing, however I want to paprose to my girlfriend when I am in WDW in September. I want to make this trip as special as possible. I have dinner reservations both at Victoria and Alberts and at the California Grill right now.

My question is which is better to pick?

Should I stay where I am at?

Should I move up to the tower and get a MK View?

Should I do half and half? (stay half at the Contempoary and half with the Grand Flordian?)

Or should I stay at the Grand Flordian?

At the GF what is the best KING ROOM there and what is the room number? Or one with a Jacuzzi tub?

Thank you so much if I could get some advice

durangojim

Stay at the Grand and if you don't want to pay to have dinner at V&A's, make reservations at the California Grill to coincide with the fireworks. You'll have a great time.

Upvote 0

828tnt

if you're staying at the contemporary at all, a tower room is a must! both the poly and the gf are awesome! in fact they'll be perfect for the occasion!

i would choose the gf personally, but both are wonderful. i've yet to dine at v/a, but i might suggest doing the proposal at the cali during wishes.

good luck and congrats!!!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Do you recommend the Californa Grill over V&A's? for a proposal? She loves Napa Rose and she loves that kind of food.

No! Cali Grill is a great place, and a special dinner for couples, but nothing holds a candle to the intimacy and dining experience of V&A's. It is the perfect setting for a proposal. Don't pass up the opportunity to do that.

Besides, I thought you had reservations at both already?

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I have not stayed at either place but I would tell you where i would stay if i could. I would choose the Contemporary. The reason is I could walk to MK which is my favorite park. But I would choose Poly out of any resort to stay at since I have yet to stay there and really want to.

Upvote 0

durangojim

Do you recommend the Californa Grill over V&A's? for a proposal? She loves Napa Rose and she loves that kind of food.

Sorry, I didn't read your first post well enough and didn't realize you would be proposing.
When I proposed to my wife 8 years ago, we stayed at the GF with a MK view room where we could see the castle looking directly out our balcony. I proposed to her in the little cul de sac in front of sago cay and later that evening we dined at Victoria and Ablerts. It was a magical evening and one of the things that made it so special was the service of the restaurant and the ambiance of the hotel. V&A's is a place where you can take time to enjoy each other's company, the servers know when to come up to the table and when to stay back, and just let you enjoy the experience. I would not recommend the chef's table for your first visit. You want to be focused on each other and the joy you'll be feeling as you know that you just became engaged. The food and service should complement that, but not be the main focus as it will be at the chef's table. After dinner, if you're lucky, the band on the second floor will still be playing and you and your fiance might be able to go out on one of the balconies and enjoy a private dance together while listening to the music and enjoying the night air. At least that was my experience. Later in your trip, make a reservation at the California Grill to enjoy the food and sights there, but stay at the GF and dine at V&A's for the night you become engaged, you'll never forget it.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I have never stayed at either, but my sister-in-law has stayed at the GF several times & she loves it!
She & her hubby spent their honeymoon there several years ago.
I have only visited both resorts, but I do prefer the atmosphere of the GF.
:wave:

Upvote 0

bcuinohio

I would stay at the GF. It is a much more more romantic atmosphere. It is also much quieter. We stayed at the GF last year. Although we did not stay at the CR, we did eat there. I thought that is was busier and noisier. It also seemed like there were a lot more people getting on and off the monorail.

Upvote 0

SMRT-1Michael

contemporary is one of those resort were you MUST have a MK view in the Main Tower, NEVER a graden wing.

Grand Flordian is the perfect location for your needs

Upvote 0

DisneylandRRGuy

Original Poster
Thanks everyone

Is there a rooom that I need to request for the Poly? I currently have the club level for the poly. Am I going to be in the Hawaii loghouse or some other loghouse?

Sorry for the late reply been working a lot of long shifts.

Upvote 0

darrin933

You will be in the concierge (Hawaii) building. I would suggest a 3rd floor room. Its also nice to ask for a room at the end of the building by the club lounge. In my opinion I would stay in this room your entire trip. When I stayed at the Grand Floridian I felt like I was in a 12 year old girls room. My wife even wanted to leave there early to go to the Poly. I would take a club level room over at the Poly anything at the Grand Floridian.

Upvote 0

elisatonks

congrats on deciding to propose, I would recomend you def go to the california grill it is fantastic (my DH and I actually had our wedding reception in there.) with regards to proposing if you are staying at the poly you could always propose at sunset point a tiny sandy area over looking the seven seas lagoon, then take her for a meal.

Disney proposals are great even when you other half doesn't plan to do it, my DH randomly popped the question whilst we were passing the wedding pavilion on the monorail, and suprised hiimself as well as me. :ROFLOL:He had been planning to do it the next day, had booked a meal and everything.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom