Grand Floridian Gingerbread House

lives4disney

Hi, last year it opened for it's 10th season on November 17th. It varies from year to year...but usually it opens at least a week before Thanksgiving.

It is so pretty and smells like Christmas. :) There are hidden Mickeys, gorgeous painted chocolate statues, and you can pick up a copy of the recipe they use, also.

Lives4Disney

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi!
When will the GF Gingerbread House be complete?

Any help is great! Thanks in advance!:wave:

It is usually mid November - you can call the resort and find out when they plan on having it complete. But usually mid November. Just before the the MVMCP starts. Its great to see!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help,I'm so excited to see this. Last year,a friend went and brought me some gingerbread...YUMMY!:slurp:

About the one in EPCOT-we went Thanksgiving week in '03 and ate in a restaurant with a gingerbread house type thing...we just trying to think of the name the other day,and we could not think of it. Thanks to whoever said AA!

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I have never seen the gingerbread house, but would love to see it.. Is it lifesize?

Yes. They actually sell little gingerbread houses from inside it. If you've never seen it you really should make it a point to go. It's amazing.

I'd loooove to see the GF gingerbread house being constructed. My aunt watched the carousel being constructed over at Beach Club (I think is where it was but I could be wrong...maybe it's Boardwalk). I wonder how long the gingerbread house takes. Talk about fascinating stuff!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom