Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

matt9112

I'm not upset at all. Once I got over my initial confusion, it's hysterically funny. Sorry if it sounded like I was seething in rage when I was actually chuckling and giggling.

It's going to be a handy little area to get people lined up for Star Wars Land, and also get them a beer or a glass of wine while they wait. Yay!

But it has nothing to do with the "vibrant cultures of present-day downtown Los Angeles". That silly blather was written by puffed up marketing drones at WDI and the Disney Parks Blog, and that's where it gets really funny for anyone who has been to downtown LA lately. :D

Although I can't wait for Orlando's amateur bloggers to descend on this place this fall and post YouTube videos of how "amazing" this little city nook and beer joint is. Then I'll start laughing all over again. I love it!

in all reality I would rather LA stays where it is and as far from my vacation as possible.

Californian Elitist

I care about people whining about how 3 New York City facades that were built in the 80's in Florida don't look like buildings from the modern day Tums Festival that is Los Angeles. Why? because it minuscule compared to other problems. Couldn't care less about.California.

My point still stands. You cared enough to comment. You claim you don't care, yet you clicked on this thread. Again, not only did you click on the thread, but you made an ignorant comment about DTLA and Angelenos. There are other problems of the world, yet you created a profile to discuss Disney theme parks.

matt9112

My point still stands. You cared enough to comment. You claim you don't care, yet you clicked on this thread. Again, not only did you click on the thread, but you made an ignorant comment about DTLA and Angelenos. There are other problems of the world, yet you created a profile to discuss Disney theme parks.

and you created a profile to bumble about how great LA is ;)

Movielover

Just because I talk about something doesn't mean I care about it. I care about my opinion, because its the only thing that is right! ;)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Its a pretty popular restaurant so I don't see why it would go though it may have to have an exterior makeover to fit in with Grand Avenue or whatever direction they decide to go with for Commissary Lane.

Popularity doesn't seem to mean anything though! Great Movie Ride for example...

NiarrNDisney

Popularity doesn't seem to mean anything though! Great Movie Ride for example...

Very true! Many an attraction and restaurant has been reimagined or retired so anything could happen! Either way Sci Fi and ABC Commissary could both use a outside redo. Well actually ABC Commissary needs an all out makeover!

Last edited:

becca_

grand-ave-hurricane-prep-2-09072017-7.jpg
grand-ave-hurricane-prep-2-09072017-8.jpg

All credit to Blogmickey.com

Attachments

• grand-ave-hurricane-prep-2-09072017-7.jpg
    grand-ave-hurricane-prep-2-09072017-7.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 90

Travel Junkie

Nice try! ;)

Not sure what your comment has to do with what I said. I haven't mentioned anything about "how great LA is," so not sure which comments you're referring to.

I honestly hate to be the one to break this to you, but you'll want to stay away from a certain theme park named Disney's Hollywood Studios.

It's got LA written all over it! :eek:

A large percentage of that person's posts are dedicated to bashing anything California. Nevermind it is a California company we are talking about. :rolleyes:

Looks nice from the pics above, even if most people won't notice as they run past to get to Star Wars.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How do people feel about the Great Movie Ride's (or MMRR) show building/soundstage being visible behind the facades? If we're going with the whole "step in the movies" theme would it hurt to put some brick on it or something?

Everything in DHS is either a place in LA/Hollywood, or, a sound stage or film set that is set in... LA/Hollywood.

So, seeing a huge sound stage means you're in LA.

Next Big Thing

How do people feel about the Great Movie Ride's (or MMRR) show building/soundstage being visible behind the facades? If we're going with the whole "step in the movies" theme would it hurt to put some brick on it or something?
That's the Sci-Fi Dine in building you are seeing, but your point is still valid. some painted brick on the side of that building would look much better than a beige soundstage.

pvtim

That's the Sci-Fi Dine in building you are seeing, but your point is still valid. some painted brick on the side of that building would look much better than a beige soundstage.
I was under the impression this is storm prep giving us a sneak peek...not the final product yet. I will reserve judgement until the Tap house is serving and the area is fully opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom