Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

rocketraccoon

Oh yeah, I forgot to post this. Top was taken on August 1st, 2016 and the bottom on August 4th, 2017. The view in 2018 should be quite nice.

UzWcUCb.jpg

6qiBIFm.jpg

I kinda hope they keep Miss Piggy facing the entrance to the area when the fountain comes back. Makes more sense that way.

NiarrNDisney

Oh yeah, I forgot to post this. Top was taken on August 1st, 2016 and the bottom on August 4th, 2017. The view in 2018 should be quite nice.

UzWcUCb.jpg

6qiBIFm.jpg

I kinda hope they keep Miss Piggy facing the entrance to the area when the fountain comes back. Makes more sense that way.

I never cared for that view of the back of the facades in the courtyard! So glad its open and less claustrophobic!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I have to say this is shaping up to be a pretty good transition area between SW, Muppets and the rest of the park. I was skeptical at first on how they would work the transitions (especially with Muppets wedged in) but this will help make it seem more natural and less forced. The pub is an added bonus. I hope it's open by November when I'm there.

sedati

Still think in the long run they have to put something in those facades. When Star Wars opens, that's going to be one heavily trafficked path, not utilizing that for sales or food seems a tremendous waste. In my dreams however, this would serve at the entrance to a minor new attraction that would lead to the unused 15% of the Great Movie Ride show building that Martin has mentioned.

Eckert

UzWcUCb.jpg

6qiBIFm.jpg

It never occurred to me how unsightly the back of those facades have always been...I'm always gonna miss Streets of America, but it's good to know that I don't mind losing things if Disney will provide a better alternative. New LA area looks promising!

PizzaPlanet

UzWcUCb.jpg

6qiBIFm.jpg

If anyone was wondering, the weeds look worse in person. I'll be glad to see the fountain return.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They claimed that they "removed" the fountain because of construction. So I'm assuming you won't see it till after SWL opens? Meaning the water lines need to be run back to the fountain? o_O

Nah, there was a nearby pump station for the fountain which had to be relocated. So, it won't wait for SWL. This means it should be back before the end of the year when Grand Avenue is complete.

Haymarket2008

Will the opposite side, closest to Muppet Courtyard, have another set of facades currently unbuilt? Or just a brick wall with landscaping??

Princess Leia

UzWcUCb.jpg

6qiBIFm.jpg

My hopes were raised for a half second that the fountain was working again :(

Movielover

That actually sounds very subtle and attractive.

Yeah but you know someone is going to have a problem with it :rolleyes:...

"That wall is too short!"
"It was better when it was the Streets of America!!"
"The mortar is thematically inconsistent with the rest of the street!!!!"
"Classic Disney would never build a exposed wall like that!!!!!!!
"The gondolas need AC!!!!!!!!!"

;)

roj2323

Yeah but you know someone is going to have a problem with it :rolleyes:...

"That wall is too short!"
"It was better when it was the Streets of America!!"
"The mortar is thematically inconsistent with the rest of the street!!!!"
"Classic Disney would never build a exposed wall like that!!!!!!!
"The gondolas need AC!!!!!!!!!"

;)
Don't forget:

"It needs more trees. Why did they eliminate the trees"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom