Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, August 3. Part of the refurbished façade of the old Writer's Stop has been revealed (on the right).

IMG_9910.JPG

Stitch_Fan_NJ

Looking forward to this especially after SWL opens. What better place to drink away the pain of getting hit in the back of the legs constantly by a rowdy child wielding a light saber :banghead:

The Tuna

I'm actually pretty excited about this. Used to love popping in tot he writers stop to cool off. I know it won't be the same but I don't mind cooling off with a beer as opposed to a water or pop.

rocketraccoon

Coming at you live! It's nothing! Not seeing much today. They're working on the unpainted part of the yellow Coke building. Pics tonight

20170804_101902.jpg

Pro tip: Since nobody actually likes PizzeRizzo, the upstairs is usually vacant. Air conditioning, bathrooms, and a few power outlets to charge stuff. Charging my camera in there right now. It's nice.

Jones14

Coming at you live! It's nothing! Not seeing much today. They're working on the unpainted part of the yellow Coke building. Pics tonight

View attachment 220570

Pro tip: Since nobody actually likes PizzeRizzo, the upstairs is usually vacant. Air conditioning, bathrooms, and a few power outlets to charge stuff. Charging my camera in there right now. It's nice.
Yeah, that place is deserted whenever I'm back there. Doesn't help that it's only open for lunch, either.

RSoxNo1

So let me get this straight. They are removing the California Paradise Pier and Mickey Mouse classic character theming from California Adventure to install Pixar stuff and then retheming the New York Street which is adjacent to a Pixar themed area in Hollywood Studios in Florida to be Los Angeles? Stay with me... Then taking the Hollywood Studios classic attraction out of the Hollywood Studios themed park to install a Mickey Mouse themed attraction inside the Chinese Theater? Sounds like a big confusing expensive mess.
Don't worry, they're also removing the Hollywood themed hotel and replacing it with a weird power plant building.

rocketraccoon

The Speedway outside the Buena Vista Drive entrance to the park no longer sells Surge. Truly a bleak day.

z3NsIay.jpg

Welcome to Grand Avenue.

mVLUN5e.jpg

One of the columns near the entrance to Muppets Courtyard has been exposed, and it's completely blank concrete. I suppose it'll be wrapped in brick or something along those lines?

m3ity7N.jpg
Baseline Tap House is coming along. It looks like they're pre-staining it? Also I swear I saw someone in the second floor window.

2mYEL0m.jpg

It appears electrical is being ran to the eventual sign. I wonder what the ring is for.

hzxW21f.jpg

Detail around the SWL tunnel appears to have been filled in with wood? Not sure what the deal is there. Painting maybe?

9GFf7ub.jpg

Work is being done on the yellow Coke building, which is still partially unpainted.

And that's pretty much it. The Slinky Dog coaster is visible from the exit of Star Tours at the moment. Other than that everything seems to be going along well, especially now that they have 5 cranes in the area.

Riding The Great Movie Ride for the very last time was rough. At least I finally got around to taking photos.
PbhJDj1.jpg

Jones14

This is moving pretty fast! What are the chances of that area being open mid-October?
The announcement said in time for the holidays, so I'd say mid-November is most likely, being that Christmastime at Disney starts shortly after Halloween. Even if the shop isn't ready I could see them opening the area itself a little early if they get ahead, though. Walking space is a precious commodity at DHS right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom