Grad Night Tomm.!!

weretiger155

Original Poster
I have waited probably many years ago for this time to be able to spend a full night at the Magic Kingdom and it is here:sohappy:. Although I have a hard time picturing what it would be like. Has anybody here have any expirence with Grad Night and what I should expect to happen there? I also heard that not all the attraction will be open is that true? because I would really like to go on the TTA.

daringstoic

All of the big attractions will be open. Stuff like the Hall of Presidents doesn't run during Grad Nites. Some of the food places won't be open. I'm not sure if all of the gift shops are open, but I do know they have special carts selling Grad Nite exclusive merchandise.
It's a very fun, party atmosphere all night. The concerts and DJs seem to be a lot of fun. I don't know who they have lined up this year, but they usually have somebody pretty cool.
The biggest thing to keep in mind is to have fun while obeying the rules. During the 4 Grad Nites I worked in 2006, we kicked a total of 34 kids out of the park for their actions on Splash Mountain--just our one ride. Imagine the totals for the entire park. Grads get a bad rap because of the obnoxious ones who've done stuff in the past (the year before I worked there, someone had lit Mickey's pants on fire during a meet & greet--not good, even though I'll admit we had a good laugh about it. Don't worry, Mickey's friend was unharmed...). We had to have extra people watching the cameras in tower, and another person who was designated to go inside the ride to track down people who got out of their logs because so many Grads do it. Just stay in your ride vehicle. It's not worth it. (On another amusing note, my friend who worked on Main Street got assigned to "hanky panky patrol" and had to hide in the bushes to make sure that nobody went down there to fool around.)
You're also likely to find that CMs are a little more curt than usual. We were instructed by our management to enforce the rules more strictly, and not take any lip from anyone. If you're caught line jumping or something like that that usually gets brushed off, you're a lot more likely to get yelled at.

Above all, HAVE FUN! It's liable to be the highlight of your year.

darthjohnny

I have waited probably many years ago for this time to be able to spend a full night at the Magic Kingdom and it is here:sohappy:. Although I have a hard time picturing what it would be like. Has anybody here have any expirence with Grad Night and what I should expect to happen there? I also heard that not all the attraction will be open is that true? because I would really like to go on the TTA.

I went to Grad Nite last year. It was awesome! :D

Most of the rides are open, however TTA is not.

I'd say be sure to experience everything Grad Nite has to offer, such as the Dance Parties, as well as the rides if you can.

kshark

I'm not sure if they still require a certain dress code, thats how it was years ago. If so wear the most comfortable shoes you can get away with. I paid for that. Other than that it was a blast!! Can you still bring a guest with you? If so, I'm available for this weekend!! :)

Have a great time!

Cane27

Wow, Grad Nite 1985.

Animotion - "Obsession"
Shalimar -"Dancing in the Sheets"
Teena Marie- "Lovergirl"

(Can't remember the other acts)

That was back when Florida still sold 190 proof grain alcohol, but we would never smuggle something like that in...:slurp:

weretiger155

Original Poster
yes we still have a dress code. Collard shirts and no jeans.
It does bother me a lot, the people who disrespect the parks and cause chaos and toss trash on the floor, I don't know why some teens have to be so disrespectful

darthjohnny

Disney has actually relaxed the dress code a lot. You can even wear shorts and jeans, and t-shirts, assuming there is no holes or rival school logos or offesnsive materials.

Chances are, your school will force a stricter dress code in order for you to go on the trip then Disney will.

When I went, I was actually surprised that I never saw anyone acting inappropriate. Although I did hear worse things went from others.

danpam1024

I went in 1994 :eek:! I remember it as one of the last times I could be a kid with ALL my high school friends before we all went our separate ways. It was magical, you'll have a great time :)

Tenny0317

I went in 2003 and I had a blast!! It's so much fun!! Just a way different experience than anything else. My best memory was being on Splash Mountain and seeing our midnight fireworks go off from up outside Splash...It's so much fun, my high school I went to is there right now...130 kids on a plane ride from NY to Florida haha....God save that plane!! However, I am truly jealous and would do it over again!

wedway71

I went in 1989 with Mariner High Cape Coral...

I had a blast. I will say dont plan on riding a bunch of attractions. When I went I was able to ride like 4 tops.The lines were very very very long.

I was sooo tired at 5 am when I got back on the bus.
I wore a suit and I was sitting next to a Cheerleader that wanted to wear my jacket since the bus was cold and I said "Hells yeah".Then she fell asleep on my arm....That was a great way to end a great trip.

Have Fun

dwightshrutefan

I went in 1989 with Mariner High Cape Coral...

I had a blast. I will say dont plan on riding a bunch of attractions. When I went I was able to ride like 4 tops.The lines were very very very long.

I was sooo tired at 5 am when I got back on the bus.
I wore a suit and I was sitting next to a Cheerleader that wanted to wear my jacket since the bus was cold and I said "Hells yeah".Then she fell asleep on my arm....That was a great way to end a great trip.

Have Fun

You know it!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom