Got Your Insider Updates Right Here

JimboJones123

I'm going with 3 plants.

The OP--
The person saying it is "so serious" that the info is posted
And the person defending the OP

I'm going with this being something that was discussed by management and the responses have been passing through legal for about 3 weeks. Green light was lit yesterday for operation Intersteller Gepetto.

polarboi

When my sources tell me stuff, it's with the intention that I put it out there. In the years I've been posting stuff, not one of my sources has gotten into the slightest bit of trouble, much less fired. If I hear it, or it ends up here, it is not TOP SECRET stuff. That's the stuff you don't hear until the just before it goes public.

As for a first-hand source (a WDI employee for example), if they post it openly on a forum, it's done with no concern of repercussions. It's the things they don't post that could cause the problem.

In this internet age, it's to Disney's benefit for bits of information about upcoming attractions to be leaked. It keeps all us fans happy, and it builds anticipation and excitement. Internet buzz on Apple rumor and fan sites is part of why there were lines at stores around the country last week to buy an expensive new cell phone. Same for Nintendo's Wii last Christmas. Plus, info like this is a great distraction from obsessing over burned-out bulbs and chipping paint. Disney's reputation for greatness is their most important asset, and keeping us focused on future cool stuff is one way to help maintain that. It's a win-win.

What they don't want is too much detail leaked in a way that would help their competitors. Sounds to me like our friend is taking a balanced approach.

-p.b. :cool:

ohioguy

Personally, I wish they would just turn over part of the Studios park to Lucasfilm, and work in conjunction with them at developing rides and attractions based on Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and other projects. Given the success of Star Wars weekends, and the popularity of the Lucas attractions that already exist, it's a no-brainer to simply not allow him to have a section of the park.

1)It would allow a challenge to the upcoming Harry Potter Area at Universal
2)It's a proven film and media property with a 30-year pedigree and a dedicated fanbase
3)It has a future with upcoming animated and live action television programs.
4)The existing Lucas attractions have already proven their worth.

The Studios need to expand and find their place.... why not give a section to Pixar, build another section for Lucas, another section for the Henson properties, etc. etc. It's the most logical approach.

jt04

Personally, I wish they would just turn over part of the Studios park to Lucasfilm, and work in conjunction with them at developing rides and attractions based on Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and other projects. Given the success of Star Wars weekends, and the popularity of the Lucas attractions that already exist, it's a no-brainer to simply not allow him to have a section of the park.

2)It's a proven film and media property with a 30-year pedigree and a dedicated fanbase

The Studios need to expand and find their place.... why not give a section to Pixar, build another section for Lucas, another section for the Henson properties, etc. etc. It's the most logical approach.

This would be amazing if they did this. I imagine an area dedicated to Lucas would easily counter anything Universal will do with HP. A dedicated area for Henson reminds me a bit of Liberty Square in size and it would just take moving all the Pixar items from that area where they seem out of place anyway. I guess it is obvious what could be done with the Pixar area and how they could easily add "A Bugs LIfe" overlay not to mention all the backstage area for future Pixar attractions. Would love to see them go in this direction. Time will tell I guess.

JimboJones123

BRING ON THE NEUTRON DISINTEGRATOR ATTRACTION!!!!!!!

Enigma

Account Suspended
Besides, I doubt Lucas would approve of Soarin' type of vehicles to be allowed as vehicles in the star wars universe since there's really nothing like them in the movies.

Are we forgetting the hanggliders used on planets such as Endor and Kashhyykk by the wookies and ewoks.

gsimpson

Telephones aren't quite like that

Land lines are actually sampled 8000 times a second, in a perfect world that would mean your freq range would be up to 4000hz, in reality it works out to more like 3600, at the low end it is cut off below 30hz, for one thing the "ring" signal that is sent down a typical land line (i.e. not voip) is a 20hz @ 90 volts and they don't want that to be "audible" so there are filters that basically clamp you between 30hz and 3600hz. Of course for VoIP or cell phones it is a lot different, in land lines that single conversation eats up 64kbs of bandwidth, so they use various packet and compression technologies (g.711 - great, g.729 - good, g.723 - horrible) to pack more conversations in the same bandwidth. The more you compress, the worse the voice quality but the cheaper it is to transport. The fidelity goes in the toilet, hence the reason 99% of voip and cell phone calls don't actually use touch tones, they are for your benefit, they use out of band signaling - essentially a data-channel that says user pressed this button, user pressed that button, and if required it is converted to a tone at the other end. Even call progress signals (dial tone, busy tone, and so on) are generated inside your phone to save the precious bandwidth of sending a tone's worth of data over the network. This is also why you have the latency or delay when you talk on your voip or cell phone, call a friend's cell phone standing next to you with your cell phone and listen how long the delay is between him saying hello and you hearing hello. In any metro area the odds of that call traveling more than 2 miles is remote and a 2 mile connection would not have any perceivable delay, the delay is caused by the packet sample, then compress, then send, the receive, then decompress. then play... all on low power CPUs.

Sorry to anyone whom I have put to sleep, I just love tech discussions, love creating tech, and in fact find the technical aspects of Disney and WDI to be one of the most enchanting elements, wish I could work for them one day.

lunarsquid

I'm picturing something like this for the Star Tours update:
StarTours2.jpg

If I'm anywhere near correct, then then stationary dome would give a definite immersive feel to the ride, as it would stay the same as your move around... plus the external speakers, making sounds really come from outside the "ship"...letting them reverberate through the "hull" would certainly add to the experience.

KevinPage

I'm picturing something like this for the Star Tours update:
StarTours2.jpg

Thanks for painting a visual picture for me. Although I shudder at the thought of another wise-cracking droid.

Anyone have any idea how long this redo will take? Sounds almost like they've have to gut the entire inside of the building and the only time/expense being saved is reusing the exterior building.

sknydave

All of this sounds really great, but it sure seems like it would take a long time to be built... In a park with rather little as it is.

erasure fan1

This makes me very happy, everything sounds cool so far. I like the "Lucas" area of MGM idea, that would be awesome. The only thing we need to know now is the dates.

ToTBellHop

All of this sounds really great, but it sure seems like it would take a long time to be built... In a park with rather little as it is.
you can pre-build most of this stuff before the ride even closes...they could easily do this within a year and a half--still a long time, but we are not going to see this park fixed without some significant closures. No longer would additions alone suffice--they need to update what they have, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom