Got (Almost) All the ADRs We Wanted!

djpoore94

Original Poster
Woo Hoo! DH and I made our ADR's for our fall trip (Oct 29-Nov 5) this morning. We got everything we wanted except for lunch at Tusker House. We're going to be on the deluxe dining plan, even though it's *a lot* of food, DH has to maintain a grain free diet and trying to do anything counter service is very difficult. We both hit our computers at 6:00 this morning and had everything done in 15 minutes! The only weird issue we had was that when we tried to do our breakfasts we had to put in the name of the restaurant, otherwise we kept getting an error telling us to enter a valid time whether we did search by specific time or search by meal.

Here's our list:

Sat: Wolfgang Puck Cafe, O'hana
Sun: Boma, Le Cellier, Cape May Cafe
Mon: Kona Cafe, Liberty Tree Tavern, Grand Floridian Cafe
Tues: Boma, Rainforest Cafe (@DAK), Boma
Wed: Cape May Cafe, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Captain's Grille
Thur: Boma, Coral Reef, Rose & Crown
Fri: O'hana (no lunch), Chef Mickey's
Sat: LeCellier before we head home

A lot of these places we've never been or are trying a different meal there if we have been. We've never been to Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Cape May Cafe (breakfast or dinner), Liberty Tree Tavern, Grand Floridian Cafe & Captain's Grille. We've also never had breakfast at Kona Cafe or O'hana, or dinner at Chef Mickey. It's been so long since we've been to a Rainforest Cafe it's like we've never been!

Now we have nothing left to do for both of our trips this year, except wait for departure days :sohappy:

mickeysshoes

Everything sounds great..the only think I want to point to make sure you know is th at Rainforest is not on the plan unless you have the plan above Deluxe??

DisneyHamm

Everything sounds great..the only think I want to point to make sure you know is th at Rainforest is not on the plan unless you have the plan above Deluxe??

We booked our dining reservations in Febuary for May. We called Disney at that time to confirm that indeed the Rainforest at both locations and the Dino are NOT on the DELUXE dining plan. Hope this helps you all out so not to be disappointed when you get there.

djpoore94

Original Poster
Thanks for the info on RFC, DH was doing that one and when he said it was available and on the dining plan, I'm sure it didn't occur to him that when the info says it's on the dining plan, it does not specify that not all dining plans qualify.

We most likely are going to be changing that one anyway, but at 6 AM it was way to early to figure out another plan for that day. It's really the only day we plan on going to DAK, so we'll really need to look at some options!

bmarkelon

Thanks for the info on RFC, DH was doing that one and when he said it was available and on the dining plan, I'm sure it didn't occur to him that when the info says it's on the dining plan, it does not specify that not all dining plans qualify.

We most likely are going to be changing that one anyway, but at 6 AM it was way to early to figure out another plan for that day. It's really the only day we plan on going to DAK, so we'll really need to look at some options!
If you are looking for convenience to Animal Kingdom than you absolutely have to check out the 3 options at Animal Kingdom Lodge....Boma, Jiko, or Sanaa. They are all fabulous...Sanaa is the only one I haven't tried yet, but gets great reviews.

Editing my post because I realized I was guilty of one of my pet peeves on the boards! I saw Boma on your list for breakfasts, but didn't realize you already had it for a dinner that same day. Have you considered Yak and Yeti in the park? It's pretty good, we've eaten there a couple times now.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Woo Hoo! DH and I made our ADR's for our fall trip (Oct 29-Nov 5) this morning. We got everything we wanted except for lunch at Tusker House. We're going to be on the deluxe dining plan, even though it's *a lot* of food, DH has to maintain a grain free diet and trying to do anything counter service is very difficult. We both hit our computers at 6:00 this morning and had everything done in 15 minutes! The only weird issue we had was that when we tried to do our breakfasts we had to put in the name of the restaurant, otherwise we kept getting an error telling us to enter a valid time whether we did search by specific time or search by meal.

Here's our list:

Sat: Wolfgang Puck Cafe, O'hana
Sun: Boma, Le Cellier, Cape May Cafe
Mon: Kona Cafe, Liberty Tree Tavern, Grand Floridian Cafe
Tues: Boma, Rainforest Cafe (@DAK), Boma
Wed: Cape May Cafe, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Captain's Grille
Thur: Boma, Coral Reef, Rose & Crown
Fri: O'hana (no lunch), Chef Mickey's
Sat: LeCellier before we head home

A lot of these places we've never been or are trying a different meal there if we have been. We've never been to Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Cape May Cafe (breakfast or dinner), Liberty Tree Tavern, Grand Floridian Cafe & Captain's Grille. We've also never had breakfast at Kona Cafe or O'hana, or dinner at Chef Mickey. It's been so long since we've been to a Rainforest Cafe it's like we've never been!

Now we have nothing left to do for both of our trips this year, except wait for departure days :sohappy:

Oct 29 is my bday! A great day to get to Walt Disney World!

Deluxe Dining is fun - it's a lot of food but a great experience! My DH and I did it for his bday in June of 2009. We tried a lot of the signature experiences. Have you been to Boma for bfast before? I am assuming yes since you have it for 3 days. We went for dinner and the pineapple upside down cheesecake pretty much changed my life! :slurp::slurp:

djpoore94

Original Poster
If you are looking for convenience to Animal Kingdom than you absolutely have to check out the 3 options at Animal Kingdom Lodge....Boma, Jiko, or Sanaa. They are all fabulous...Sanaa is the only one I haven't tried yet, but gets great reviews.

Editing my post because I realized I was guilty of one of my pet peeves on the boards! I saw Boma on your list for breakfasts, but didn't realize you already had it for a dinner that same day. Have you considered Yak and Yeti in the park? It's pretty good, we've eaten there a couple times now.

We didn't look at Jiko, mostly because it's a signature and since it's only open for dinner it wouldn't work for lunch. We have been to Yak & Yeti before, but since DH has to maintain a grain free diet that means no rice so we eliminated that one. We did look at Sanaa, but he wasn't too thrilled with the menu and it seemed to be a lot of grain based foods that he can't have.

Oct 29 is my bday! A great day to get to Walt Disney World!

Deluxe Dining is fun - it's a lot of food but a great experience! My DH and I did it for his bday in June of 2009. We tried a lot of the signature experiences. Have you been to Boma for bfast before? I am assuming yes since you have it for 3 days. We went for dinner and the pineapple upside down cheesecake pretty much changed my life! :slurp::slurp:

We have done Deluxe Dining before, and yes, it is a lot of food, but like I said when you can't have any grains it's very difficult to find a counter service place that will give him more options that just a garden salad.

We have stayed at AKL before so we've done Boma a few times before. We're staying there again on this trip, hence the three breakfasts there! We really enjoyed both breakfast and dinner there!

djpoore94

Original Poster
Well, last night we flip flopped our Tuesday Boma breakfast & Friday O'Hana breakfast and replaced the Rainforest Cafe with another Le Cellier. We'll go to DAK on Friday instead of Tuesday since we figured we'd just do a counter service that day for lunch and there are a few options at Flame Tree BBQ that DH can have.

We're still trying to get used to really having to stop and think about where we're going to eat and the fact that we can't just go anywhere we want anymore! It's so difficult to have a restricted diet and even more difficult when you tell someone that you have to be grain free and they say "Oh, we have this gluten free option". Well, that's great, except something that is gluten free still contains the grain, they just take the gluten out so gluten free and grain free are not the same thing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom