News Goodbye to The Grand Floridian Society Orchestra

Lilofan

First of all... I know that was an innocent spelling error but I really want to start calling the resort “the Grand A Floridian” - in fact I probably will from here on out. Haha.

And my comment that you quoted was directed at the orchestras current home in the Studios. To be honest, the regular beauty and the beast show should have a live orchestra anyways. I mean Dollywood has a live band for their Christmas shows, you would think Disney could afford it.
DHS could find the money to fund Muppet3D show. The orchestra actually has an orchestra pit made up of penguins.

TrainsOfDisney

DHS could find the money to fund Muppet3D show. The orchestra actually has an orchestra pit made up of penguins.
Remember when muppets had pyro in the show?

And beauty and the beast had a 4 piece acapella group pre-show that was as entertaining as the main show?

And beauty and the beast had the dove release? (And before you say animal rights Animal Kingdom uses a dove release in flights of wonder).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yes but think about all the people like my girl and me, love going to WDW without kids and every trip went to the GF to enjoy cocktails at Mizner’s Lounge, listen and dance to this incredible orchestra and then eat dinner at Narcoosees. Now 2 of the 3 are gone.
Well, you can still get a drink at the newly themed bar, eat at Narcoosees, and then dance to the music in the elevator.

bpiper

Remember when muppets had pyro in the show?

And beauty and the beast had a 4 piece acapella group pre-show that was as entertaining as the main show?

And beauty and the beast had the dove release? (And before you say animal rights Animal Kingdom uses a dove release in flights of wonder).
And one of those doves stopped on an overhead beam and pooped on my wife's head.... Good times...

trainplane3

While I'm sure @wdwmagic will have a video up of their performance, they posted this on FB today:

For our non FB-abled friends:
grandflo.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom