Goodbye BAH!!!

Daniel Johnson

I tell ya, instagram is buzzing about the hat leaving. Amzing how many want it left there....most of them, I'm guessing kids, think it's been there forever.
I will be very pleased to see the theater from Hollywood Blvd again. Though it doesn't give me the same quiver of excitement as Cinderellas castle from Main street, it's possibly the second most memorable thing from my childhood at disney...The first being the monorail

fgkik

I hope it's all the way gone when we're there in late May...SEE YA!
107.gif
hu12uk1.jpg

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
Has anyone at all heard of any real plans for repurposing by Disney? Besides all of the evil plans we all have for it...

@Master Yoda usually is on top of permits and construction. Just wondering if there are any outstanding permits that could have to do with it in the World.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Has anyone at all heard of any real plans for repurposing by Disney? Besides all of the evil plans we all have for it...

@Master Yoda usually is on top of permits and construction. Just wondering if there are any outstanding permits that could have to do with it in the World.
The plan last fall was to relocate to outside the park gates next to the lake.

I don't know if that was deemed possible.

gsimpson

I had forgotten about the original Christmas Tree location. Add my name to the glad it's going crowd. My complaint was never so much about its blocking the theater view, I agree with whomever said that is not a Disney icon and on top of that it is not nearly as impressive to look at as the real Chinese theater - kind of a poor knock off really. My biggest complaint is it looked like some cheap and tacky creation that you would see put up at a mall.

Arthur Wellesley

Has anyone at all heard of any real plans for repurposing by Disney?
This is just a rumor, so take it worth a grain of salt. But I heard that some condo complex in Kissimmee along N. Poinciana Blvd has made arrangements with Disney to purchase the hat. The current plan is to relocate it to be used as a centerpiece on some lake at the complex. Once again, take all this as strictly a rumor, and nothing more for now.

The Rocketeer

I'm too young to remember MGM/DHS before the hat, but I came to despise it after seeing how Hollywood Blvd looked before it was built. Good riddance!
Same here. My first trip was 2003 and I was still real young. I went again in 06, 08, and last August. This last trip however is the first time I went to not only the studios, but WDW in general knowing a lot more history and useless facts about disney world. I felt that it was terrible that the ride which cause there to be a whole MGM/DHS was covered by an irrelevant hat. I liked it at first and its a nice structure, but its ruins the whole feel to Hollywood blvd.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom