Good Places to Eat with Kids

linn9431

Original Poster
Me and my wife are looking for a good places to take our 4 and 6 year old boys.
We are already planning a character dinner but would like to know if there are other restaurants that have a fun atmosphere for boys like Rainforest Cafe to mention one. I saw T-rex at DD and am leaning towards that for dinner unless there are other suggestion on or off disney property.

righttrack

IMO, Characters=Longer Meal. It takes an hour for all of the characters to work their way around the restaurant, so a character meal will keep them in place longer.

Other places?

The aforementioned Whispering Canyon is fun.

Biergarten with it's music and dance floor can be fun too.

Sci Fi and Prime Time at Studios

Ohana - Great kids activities during dinner, and very nice free-form picking kind of meal

JeffnPa

I dont know if your on the Dining plan or not, but I dont believe that T-Rex is accepting the DP. We thought of going there as well until we found this out.
I agree with most of the people;

50s cafe,
Wispering Canyons
Sci -Fi
Biergarten (was fun the last time, I danced with my daughter)
I think we are going to try Morroco with its belly dancing.

By most importantly just enjoy!!!!

jjnshane

My daughter is a slightly odd one -- even when she was younger she liked quieter dining places. Her current favorites are: Tony's Town Square (she loves the Tomato and Basil flatbread off the adult menu -- and the chocolate bomb for dessert), Rose and Crown Pub (Potato soup and Shepard's pie), The Plaza (The only thing she will order here is the tomato soup, but she loves the fact that it is a really small restaurant and the server will bring her extra croutons:ROFLOL:). She also likes 50s Prime Time Cafe and Sci-Fi Diner and she LOVES breakfast at 1900 Park Fare (but that is only because The Mad Hatter is there -- she never really eats anything!)

If you are looking for quick service places, it really depends on what your kids like to eat -- you can get chicken nuggets, pizza, hambergers, mac & cheese and peanut butter and jelly just about anywhere you go.

coltow

My boys still talk about Ohana and eating in the castle from our 2009 trip and my older son remembers eating with all the fish (Coral Reef) and the place with the great sundae (The Plaza) from our 2008 trip.

mickeysshoes

Va Napli the kids can watch the Chefs make pizza then watch them cook the pizzas in the wood fire ovens...that have faces over them. Kinda cool!!!

need2go2wdw

T-REX would DEFINITELY be one to go to especially if your boys like dinosaurs. Even if it isn't on the dining plan, and you are, I'd still spring for it. The prices are not bad and you can always use that dining credit another day for a character breakfast or something. My DD LOVES dinosaurs, so we are going to make it a priority to go to T-REX next visit, even if we are on the dining plan and it isn't.

boilerpicc

The Whispering Cayon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge is really cool. There is lots of interaction with the entire staff, and I remember all of the kids getting to gallop around the dining room on stick ponies. Definitely ask for ketchup if you go there, even if you don't really want it.

The Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater is also really cool. That was my favorite when I was younger. You get to eat in a car and watch cheesy movie clips. Plus, my brother and I got to sit in the front seat of the car while my parents were in the back. It made us feel all special that we got to be sort of alone, even though my parents were like 2 feet behind us.

bgraham34

Whispering Canyon is a great place and I also think Biergarten is fun. Kids can dance a little bit or just act silly.

real mad hatter

fun before food.

Trust me,if your kids are that age,foodie cusine aint that thing,T-rex and R/cafe at D/Town are the beez neez,(scottish for awesome)they will love the atmosphere and food.Our son was twelve years old last year and still the magic was there,laughing when the gorilla started his routing.Long may it last.

linn9431

Original Poster
Thank you for the info. I think we will plan on going to T-rex or Rainforest, Coral Reef, and Garden Grill with characters for a big dinners.:slurp:

momprincess

My boys like Planet Hollywood because they like the food and there is alot of things to look at. Also it is pretty noisy in there so it can be the perfect place for children since they don't need to be quiet while eating.

adivol

I know some places of San Francisco like Ike's Place, Golden Gate Bakery, Gary Danko and Deli Board where you and kid can enjoy food.

sgtmgd

T-REX would DEFINITELY be one to go to especially if your boys like dinosaurs. Even if it isn't on the dining plan, and you are, I'd still spring for it. The prices are not bad and you can always use that dining credit another day for a character breakfast or something. My DD LOVES dinosaurs, so we are going to make it a priority to go to T-REX next visit, even if we are on the dining plan and it isn't.

T-Rex and most of the DD dining locations are now on the Disney Dining Plan.....T-Rex is great! The Rainforest Cafe is the exception..cant remember if it is or not...the one outside AK is not...at least as of Jan this year.

THe Cape MAy Character Breakfast is outstanding.

Raven66

When you look for a counter service meal, kids that age love cosmic Ray

I was going to say this. When our daughter was 5 she loved to watch Sonny and dance to the music. We always see lots of kids doing the same thing. She of course wouldn't be caught dead doing it now and would run screaming from the place if we tried to do it.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom