good and bad news

BRER STITCH

Hey Darrel!

Glad to see you back in action after some difficult times!

Great to hear your brother's situation is positive!!! :sohappy:

Flooding sucks, but you should be able to get some help.

PM me if you need anything, as you are not that far away and I have lots of "extra" furnishings from combining two houses into one.

Best of Luck Buddy as you sort things out!

:wave:

Captain Hank

Hey Darrell--

I was just about to try to get in contact with you. Glad to hear that you were okay in the flooding. Thankfully, my house is on a hill, and my family was pretty much unaffected, though some of our friends had to be evacuated. From what I've heard, downtown Painesville is in pretty bad shape, and I've still got friends in Fairport that I haven't heard from yet. It's been weird hearing about all of this over the phone, and seeing my hometown on news channels because of the flooding. I do kind of wish I was back up there now to help out. Hope everything turns out well in the end. :wave:

MommytoMJM

I'm so happy for you and for Michael. My prayers are with you for dealing with FEMA and the like. I've never been through a natural disaster that has effects like this, so I don't know what you are feeling, but I hope it gets better.

darthdarrel

Original Poster
Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart!
I know that I am just lucky to have got out alive, but I am still in shock.
This area has never had a natural disaster of these proportions ever so I was not prepared for something like this and no I did not have renters insurance.
:(
Jer can you PM me your phone# again? I lost my cellphone in the flood and my phone/address book was destroyed.:cry: the thing that sickens me as I was not able to save any valuable papers including receipts and photos/memories.I did take pictures of all the devistation I was told to do that for fema purposes.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
darthdarrel said:
Jer can you PM me your phone# again? I lost my cellphone in the flood and my phone/address book was destroyed.:cry: the thing that sickens me as I was not able to save any valuable papers including receipts and photos/memories.I did take pictures of all the devistation I was told to do that for fema purposes.

Yeppers..... done! Check your PM in-box :wave:

darthdarrel

Original Poster
tenchu said:
Good luck Darrel, sounds like you could do with some.

:wave:
thank you Tenchu and thank you everyone!
I went down to the red cross cause they were giving out disaster releif debit cards but they would not give me one cause they say they would send some one to my apartment to verify my damage and that they would call me back, well that was 2 days ago so I am going to call the red cross and see what is going on.

tigsmom

darthdarrel said:
thank you Tenchu and thank you everyone!
I went down to the red cross cause they were giving out disaster releif debit cards but they would not give me one cause they say they would send some one to my apartment to verify my damage and that they would call me back, well that was 2 days ago so I am going to call the red cross and see what is going on.

((HUGS))

Keep on top of things, but give them a chance...I'm sure there are a lot of people to check up on. Keep you chin up.

Wckd Queen

Oh Darrel {{{hugs}}}

First off, great news about Michael! :sohappy:

Second, Im so sorry to hear that this has all happened to you. You know we are all here for you.

Good luck in getting things cleared up. I'd cut the Red Cross a bit of slack right now. IN the wake of Katrina and the fraud thats gone on, they are just being cautious when handing out money. Disasters have a way of bringing out the best in folks...and along with that can come the worst.

And remember, read EVERYTHING before you sign it! If there is language in a document that you dont understand, ask for a clarification BEFORE you put your signature on it!

darthdarrel

Original Poster
THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN!
Well the Fema inspector met me at my apartment today and I have to say the guy was real nice and helpful unlike the at the Redcross LOL Can you beleive that she actually had the nerve to suggest to someone ,who also lost everything, that she get rid of the dog!
The inspector asured me that I would be getting some kind of help from Fema :)

Connor002

Sorry to hear about the flooding, but that is excellent news on you're brothers part, and undoubtedly, for your family on the whole.

LouDisney

That is wonderful news about your brother!
I am so sorry to hear you lost everything in the floods. Sounds like you had a good meeting with Fema, hope everything goes well.

Safari Giraffe

Great news about your brother. Sorry to hear about the other devastating news. I hope everything works itself out real soon for you. Hang in there.:)

prberk

Darrel, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

By God's grace and the consideration of others, my mother was able to make it through a huge financial disaster last year, after my father died. I know the kind of feelings you might feel (and it may even get worse), but in the meantime I encourage you to keep the faith; and let us and other friends know how we can help.

You will make it. Looks like you are even now on your way.

Sincerely,
Paul

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom