Going WDW soon? Hide something, tell me where it is, and Ill find it!

Tim G

I will be down in November too! I am going for Thanksgiving. If I see somebody walking around looking for things in places, I will guess and say that it is you!:lol: :lol:
I left an inprint of my hand on a certain mountain in a certain Disney park...:eek:

Try to Find it... :kiss:

DSNYKID

Original Poster
In between Disney trips.....

My family will say to eachother, right now someone is on Pirates ... and it isn't us :mad: . Then when we are there we say... someone is on Pirates right now... AND IT IS US!:lol:

When we leave things in the park... no matter how small, it's fun to think it's there when we are home, and even more fun when we go back and find it!

FUN!

DSNYKID

Original Poster
I wanna hide me in the park overnight... see if I can make it until the park opens again.... Where should I hide in each park? :veryconfu Anyone ever succeed at this?

metscool

I wanna hide me in the park overnight... see if I can make it until the park opens again.... Where should I hide in each park? :veryconfu Anyone ever succeed at this?
There is a book that they are selling. I saw it in the Mouseworks store at Epcot the other day.

you guys are getting me too excited to do this. Today a guest asked me to take a picture with stanley?? Is that the name of that paper doll that goes around the world taking pictures?? Well, I started thinking of something I can do as well like send someone a marble and see what they do with it or something!!! I'm still going to think of something.

There's this dude on LJ that gives a flower to one person a day and then records it and I thought that was neat so now, I must leave something in the world for you guys to find. =D

Well, I'll pm the poster of this thread when I decide to leave something and where to find it.

YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE WHAT YOU COLLECT ON YOUR TRIP AND TAKE PICTURES !! This sounds like so much fun!!

Tinkerbella16

Ok... we are going in 20 days. Hide something.. tell me where it is.. and Ill find it!

Woo hoo!

We're going to be there the same time, staying at POP! I wanna play this game too!! :) Someone hide something for me please, so I can come back on here and let you know that I found it. Sounds like so much fun!

Epcotrob

Geocaching is a blast! (http://www.geocaching.com/)

Something else that is similar is Benchmark (or survey markers) searching. Disney has their own "special" benchmarks and many have already been located and the GPS coordinates can be found on this site.

http://www.wintertime.com/OH/GC/Disney/disneymarks.html

mine-t.jpg

Wannab....Do you ever feel like nobody is listening to you.

Sorry to interupt all of you This hiding something and finding it later is called geocaching. I have been doing it for years now. Look at the link in the post www.geocaching.com there are several large caches near disney and a few in disney. A few of the better ones are in celebration. You might just become hooked on this game so beware it is adicting and fun for the entire family.

A few years ago there was a cache in tomorrowland in Disneyland. It was a fake plastic cell phone with magnets glued to it. it was placed under a stairway. It was there for the better part of a year before a groundskeeper found it and called the bomb squad. The day it was found tomorrowland was shut down for about an hour after the park opening before it was removed. It turnes out that one of the bomb squad was a geocacher and knew about this placement. After explaining the hobby to his boss and Disney he walked over and removed it. The person that placed it was contacted by Disney and almost charged with the expence of the trouble he caused.

So be careful about placing something in the parks. If you do please be as stealth like placing and looking for it. Im not saying dont do it but keep it simple. I like the penny in pirates. That is something that only you know about and can see and laugh to yourself about at the same time.

Bottom line if its a container be careful. :wave:

DSNYKID

Original Poster
Maybe a Mickey PIN or Mickey Hair Clip, something you can clip onto something. Maybe a Mickey Coin or a Silver Dollar. No containers.

vb4hire

GeoCaching

http://www.geocaching.com

Geo caching is a very popular "sport" in which you use a GPS device to hide and locate caches... as the original poster says... small trinkets, notes.

When you find a cache, ypu are to take something and replace with something else.

You can go to the web site for information and clues on caches, and of course, create your own and post.

Here is one said to be at MGM studios:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b01e3c91-1d30-4195-ab30-247b3f000ea2

browniebee

Yeah, Cory and Shawn on Boy Meets World ..lol...

It sounds like a cool idea to hide something in the parks. I'll think about doing that next time I go.

Rogue71371

I will be in DW from Nov 11th tot the 20th. I plan on hiding a few things at Port Orleans Riverside. My plan is to take pictures of the area in which the items are hidden, and then post the pictures on the site when I return.

If I can figure out a way to hide a few things in the parks I will. Should be fun!

19 Days to go!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom