Going to Universal Studios next week....

PBGamer89

Original Poster
Hi! This is my first post here at WDW Magic. But, next week, my uncle and my cousin are coming to Florida, where I live and we're going to Universal. My question is, what should be the order that we go to the rides seeing as we won't be getting the Express pass because during the time we're going, the passes are $40. Keep in mind, we'll be riding everything. Anybody got ride order advice or which rides fill up fast and which rides' lines are too bad?

Craig & Lisa

PBGamer89 said:
Hi! This is my first post here at WDW Magic. But, next week, my uncle and my cousin are coming to Florida, where I live and we're going to Universal. My question is, what should be the order that we go to the rides seeing as we won't be getting the Express pass because during the time we're going, the passes are $40. Keep in mind, we'll be riding everything. Anybody got ride order advice or which rides fill up fast and which rides' lines are too bad?

Ahh,... you do realize this is a Walt Disney World site, right? and your asking about Universal???? Check the web page site title. :confused:

PBGamer89

Original Poster
yes, but I just want advice and there's hardly ever posts in that section of the forums and this is trip planning.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
May I suggest The Unofficial Guide To WDW. :wave:

This book has a section dedicated to Universal, and has touring plans !

Craig & Lisa

PBGamer89 said:
yes, but I just want advice and there's hardly ever posts in that section of the forums and this is trip planning.

For DISNEY WORLD, if there is one for WDW then there has to be one for Universal somewhere, but if you need to get info on Universal go to barnes and noble get a book on it.

popsicletrees

At the Studios the only things that have been crowded the past couple of times I have been are RoTM and MiB so I would suggest those first. At IoA I try to hit the Hulk first along with Spiderman. I've never waited in line more than 10 minutes for Dueling Dragons so I go to that towards the end of the day. I hope this helps.

CAPTAIN HOOK

TAC said:
At worst, he posted in the wrong forum. At best, we can give him advice. :wave:
I was beginning to wonder when somebody wouldn't be quiet so rude. Its what the "Everything Else" section is all about :sohappy:

Kadee

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
I was beginning to wonder when somebody wouldn't be quiet so rude. Its what the "Everything Else" section is all about :sohappy:

Exactly! It seems that everyone is expected to be perfect on here lately. PBGamer is new. Let's welcome him/her like we do everyone else. He/She will catch on.

Welcome to WDWMagic!!! :wave:

Anyway..... To the OP: The last time I went to US (6 years ago) I borrowed a book on Orlando attractions (US, WDW, etc...) It had all the area parks in it. I think it may have been Foder's but I can not be sure as it was borrowed and returned right after the trip. Go to Barnes & Noble or any book store and grab every Orlando Parks Guide book you see, then grab a nice cappacino, a comfy chair, and read through them to find the best one for you. The one I borrowed listed the attractions that typically have the longest wait and had a sample order of what to visit first, etc... It was very helpful.

Nemo14

Sorry PBGamer for some of the rude remarks from others. We're really a pretty friendly bunch here - just some people get a little carried away with their Disney passion. Personally, I'm not a big Universal fan, but my kids like it. I'd agree that the Unofficial Guide to WDW has some very helpful information for you. Your local library no doubt has a copy of it. Have a good trip, and stay cool!

PBGamer89

Original Poster
thanks everyone. Although it is a bit discouraging to get rude remarks with my first post, i'll still post. Sorry about liking Universal. I can't help it. It has good rides. Thanks also for some of the advice. I'll take a trip to a bookstore near me and see if they have a copy of the UnOfficial Guide.

PBGamer89

Original Poster
Ok. I'm only going to Universal Studios, not IOA. Here's the order I was thinking of. Tell me if it sounds good.

1st: Shrek 4-D
2nd: Jimmy Neutron
3rd: Revenge of the Mummy (Repeat if lines are good later in the day)
4th: Twister
5th: Earthquake
6th: Jaws (Repeat if lines are good later in the day)
7th: Men In Black (Repeat if lines are good later in the day)
8th: Fear Factor Live
9th: Back to the Future
10th: Animal Actors Live
11th: ET
12th: Terminator 3-D

Kadee

PBGamer89 said:
Ok. I'm only going to Universal Studios, not IOA. Here's the order I was thinking of. Tell me if it sounds good.

4th: Twister It's pretty good; I think lines for other stuff may be longer. You may want to move this down the list.
5th: Earthquake Not worth waiting for. It's ok if you haven't done it, but its not all that.
6th: Jaws (Repeat if lines are good later in the day) I'd move this UP the list
9th: Back to the Future Long lines EVERY time I've been. I'd move it up
11th: ET Even longer lines than BTTF. But if your crowd is older, they may not enjoy it. I LOVED it, though
12th: Terminator 3-D MAN! This is LOUD! By far the loudest attraction I have ever been on.

I haven't done some of these, but my comments on the ones I have done are in bold in the quote. Of course, these are only MY opinions based on what I like. You and your group are the only ones that know your tastes.

PBGamer89

Original Poster
Well I did it like that to start at Sherk and go on rides in that area instead of hopping around the park in HOT weather. But I may change it around. It's just a rough order. I'm the Disney/Universal type that loves to be organized and have lists.

KCBroadway

Hi - Don't worry - I'm a Universal fan as well. I'm actually heading down to Orlando on Friday and will be spending my last two days at Universal. Anyway, both parks have the "favorites", which tend to fill up first. I would try to get to the park EARLY (opening). If you go to Islands of Adventure first then I would head straight to The Hulk and then to Spiderman. Both are incredible and VERY popular. The two water rides in the cartoon area are also both popular and lots of fun. Jurassic Park (boat ride) and Dueling Dragons would be my next two choices. The park goes in a big circle so you could really just follow it around.

Now - at Universal I would definitely head straight to The Mummy. This can get very crowded. Men in Black can also get busy. I don't really remember any other huge waits with the other rides. Back to the Future is popular, but I don't recall a huge wait.

Anyway, I hope this helps a little. Have a great trip!!!:wave:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
PBGamer89 said:
thanks everyone. Although it is a bit discouraging to get rude remarks with my first post, i'll still post. Sorry about liking Universal. I can't help it. It has good rides. Thanks also for some of the advice. I'll take a trip to a bookstore near me and see if they have a copy of the UnOfficial Guide.

It seems to come in waves around here.

It may have something to do with the heat. :confused: Got everybody all testy! :lol:

Universal Rides

Hey there,

Yeah, this is a Walt Disney World forum, however, what "Craig & Lisa" didn't bother to notice is you're posting in the "Universal Studios" discussion area! ..duh. :hammer:

As for the rides, you listed:

4th: Twister
5th: Earthquake
6th: Jaws (Repeat if lines are good later in the day)
9th: Back to the Future
11th: ET
12th: Terminator 3-D

I've been to USF in July & March. I'll think back to the July wait times. Alot of the wait times will depend on the weather - it was super hot when we went last July, alot of the rides that are normally easy to get on had long waits!

You never mentioned the age group that will be going, so I can't help ya there.

1st: Shrek 4-D: A great show, but typically has a long line. This should be one of the top 5 you try to see early on or you'll be waiting a while.

2nd: Jimmy Neutron: Surprisingly has long lines, more for younger kids, but something interesting. I would make this a low priority ride, however. Go on it if you can make time.

3rd: Revenge of the Mummy: As park opens this ride is usually about 10 or 20 minute wait. It should be your first or second ride of the day. It will get busy later on - I would get in line as soon as possible.

4th: Twister: An interesting show, usually the wait is not too terrible.. but again, if it's a really hot day, the line will get very long as it's longer show. If you hit this within the first or last 2 hours of park operation, you should walk on.

5th: Earthquake: Lines get long when it's hot, otherwise, it's about an average of 20 to 30 minutes.
6th: Jaws: This ride is a hit or miss as far as waits go.. it's typically longer though.
7th: Men In Black: MIB will have very long waits! This should definitly be your first or second ride after entry! By mid-afternoon you'll be waiting a long time, guaranteed!

8th: Fear Factor Live: Shows get crowded, but there are plenty of show times.. I wouldn't be in a huge rush.

9th: Back to the Future: You can judge the line pretty easily by the looking at the building, don't always trust the "wait times," they're often inaccurate. It's a fun ride, but somewhat out of date.

10th: Animal Actors Live: Never have been to this.

11th: ET: This line usually moves along pretty well. Even when you wait outdoors, it's only 4 or 5 turnbacks. The rest of the waiting is indoors. I think this ride has the best indoor queue - the night time forest is extremely relaxing & comfortable, especially if it's hot & crowded outdoors. You could fit this in during the afternoon hours when the major rides are filled.

12th: Terminator 3-D: This show really varies - it's generally a longer wait, however. Regardless, expect to wait anywhere from 15 minutes to over an hour. I believe they have shows every 30 minutes, so unless you walk in to an empty queue & the show is ready to start, you'll have to wait a while. Also good during the afternoon when other big rides are long!

Hope that helped.. you really just have to play it by ear with alot of these. I'd really suggest getting on Revenge of the Mummy and Men in Black. You have a guaranteed long wait if you don't do these right away.. unfortunately, MIB is at the back of the park.

-Bryant :D

kcnole

I'm not sure where you're staying while you're there, but if you stay in a Universal Hotel you get to skip all the lines anyhow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom