Going to two parks in one day durring a long stay at WDW

HPU_Princess

Every year we go park hopping. Maybe because we have officially become seasoned Disney vets or we just go for the rides and not the shows, it just seems better for us. I am usually the trip planner and I work out the minor details of which parks which days, but it just helps us do everything for cheaper.

DisneyPrincess5

Absolutely get the park hopper pass! It gives you the freedom to go where ever you please.
What we do is either start the day with EMH at one park, then hop to a different park at night, or start at one park and end it with EMH in the evening at a different park.

Also with the hopper, it allows you to hop if you have an ADR at one park if you chose to spend some part of your day at a different park.

Have a great time! :)

EPCOT Explorer

I've only park hopped once from DHS to EPCOT because I was forced too.:lol: HS Band trip...Honestly, I didn't like it. I felt as if I wasn't done with DHS yet.

I suppose if I had a bit more time in the parks I would not mind it so much.:shrug:

Susan Savia

We always park hop on days we are visiting AK or HS. We always just seem to do what we care to do and have half a day left, so hop to another. On days we are in Epcot or MK, we usually spend entire days. Sometimes we park at Epcot and monorail to MK for opening and leave around the 3pm parade back to Epcot. A very full but fantastic day!!!

moosie

Park hopping is the way to go. We always visit two and sometimes three parks each day of our visit. On our last trip we discovered that you can take a boat from MGM to the back entrance to Epcot (makes a few stops along the way) which was really nice and leisurely. Usually we monorail from MK to Epcot. It is fun to discover new ways to travel between parks and our resort.

We do it because we have learned how to navigate each park to see or do whatever activity we want quickly and then move onto to the next park. Once the park gets really crowded (usually early afternoon on), getting on rides can be time consuming, and depending on the weather, really hot so heading back to the hotel for a break and then onto another park optimizes our stay. It is more difficult to park hop if you are traveling with a large group or small children.

lennonluvr9

Actually MK and Epcot are the only two parks where I do spend a whole day at each. DHS and AK just dont have enough to make me want to stay. AK and DHS usually take just a few hours, 3 or 4 at the most. Park Hopping is fun though, epecially if you just want to make a quick stop to do one or 2 things. The last day I was there we wanted to see SSE one more time. So we parked at MK and took the monorail to Epcot, rode SSE, then actually went to the UK once more, got back on the monorail, and switched to the MK one.

When we do DHS and AK, we usually end up going to 3 parks! We do AK then DHS then in the late afternoon/evening usually head back to MK. A little tiring, but I dont mind it

RnRJoe6114

For my family Magic Kingdom and Epcot are anytime parks...and Animal Kingdom and MGM are "knock 'em out early morning" and then we park hop from there...usually to MK. It also depends on EMH...we usually utilize them pretty well.

njDizFan

to park hop or not to park hop...
I'm certainly not a fan, I'm a 1 day 1 park kind of commando.
There never seems to be enough time.

Also, I will never understand the DHS or AKL half day scenario??
I takes a half a day just to walk the trails in DAK.

I feel like I've been cheated with 2 days at these parks.

I know DAK closes early, which leaves time for a late ADR at a resort or DTD.

CastleBound

I just went in May and did alittle of both...

1st half of the trip:
We would spend most of the day in one park, leave around 5 and hit another park where we had dinner reservations...

2nd half:
2 parks a day

brent2124

Im constantly park hopping. I vist atleast 5 long weekends a year though so its not really the same as a person who goes for a week long vacation. I honestly couldnt stay at a single park all day though. Park hopping is the way to go for sure.

disfan411

i see having a park hopper as an advantage if you wanted to go to a different park to catch a show or diner or if your trip is a short weekend trip and you want to catch all four parks. I prefer to do 1 park a day. I can take my time there and wonder around. It allows me to re-ride things i enjoy or if im tired stop and get a rootbeer float from somewhere. I love there rootbeer floats :slurp:. i would rather save the money then upgrade my tickets to park hoppers. i normally go for 7 day trips so it allows me plenty of time to see each park.

justdru

i see having a park hopper as an advantage if you wanted to go to a different park to catch a show or diner or if your trip is a short weekend trip and you want to catch all four parks. I prefer to do 1 park a day. I can take my time there and wonder around. It allows me to re-ride things i enjoy or if im tired stop and get a rootbeer float from somewhere. I love there rootbeer floats :slurp:. i would rather save the money then upgrade my tickets to park hoppers. i normally go for 7 day trips so it allows me plenty of time to see each park.

I think we're gonna be the same way on our trip. We'll probably get park hopper just to have it but we don't want to be bouncing all over the damn place all day either. It's vacation... I want to take it all in and relax.

Figment73

Park hopping is the way to go. We always add the hopper option. We usually stay at a resort so we also EMH. That is also a nice bonus.

SunsetGrill7

There's always a method...

Hitting multiple parks a day is not difficult at all, even with kids. When planning, visit the WDW website to check park hours and see when the magics hours are, allowing you to choose when to go to what parks.

On more than one occasion, we would start with early magic hours at The Studios, staying until just before noon. Then, take the ferry to EPCOT & have a late lunch. After enjoying EPCOT, we would go back to our resort to relax(if necessary), getting to the Magic Kingdom early evening. On the days we would do this, MK would be open late(usually a Saturday). It can make for a long day, but when you're on vacation you make the most of where you are. :D

Susan Savia

Unless were staying for Wishes, we always finish MK by 3pm and so monorail over to Epcot (where we always park our car), take a few rides and then head out. Also, AK and HS are two parks that can be done inside of a day and usually leave time to visit another park.

Walle

In Dec 2008, I went to Epcot when it opened until 3pm, then took the monorail to MK for MVMCP. It worked out good because we got in the party at 4pm to Midnight.

Eagle-

I'm park hopping and going for 10 days.

I used to not see the point, but that was when Epcot and MK were the only choices. Last time we finished MGM by 2:30. Luckily we had park hoppers and got to go back to Epcot.

DisneyGigi

We went 10 days our last trip (usually nine) and we went to all four parks in one day (MK twice) with no problem in November in order to see the lights at DHS as well as Wishes and a preview of Space Mountain at MK... it was not a big deal, we did it very easily and rode all e tickets and more in one day! :) It was fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom