Going to two parks in one day durring a long stay at WDW

wdwron08

Original Poster
Back in 2004 I went to WDW for a 8 day stay. Me and my family tried something diffrent. We went to two parks in one day on the first 3 days. We went to the Magic Kingdom durring the morning had lunch and went to Epcot in the afternoon. That was on the first day. On the second day we reversed the park visit Epcot in the morning and after lunch at the Garden Grill at the land we went to the Magic Kingdom. Durring the first day we started our trip to the Magic Kingdom in Frontierland and ended our day at the Magic kingdom in Tomorrowland at Space Mountain. It realy works. We went in May 2004 when the crowds are not that bad. Sometimes durring the summer (June, July & August) you have to get to the parks early and plan ahead.:sohappy: :D

madtheswine630

I always wind up doing MK and Epcot in one day...mostly because those two are my favorite parks (in fact, I rarely go to either of the other two parks, lol)! But I think I also have a secret love affair with the monorail. LOL

tigsmom

We park hop a lot, short or long trips. Early morning in one park, lunch/break for a rest and then back out to another park for the evening until closing.

We have never spent an entire day in one park

janni518

park hopping

Park hopping is the only way to go. Might be trickier with very small children but when we first started doing it our kids were grade schoolers.

jmatt

>>> It realy works.

I'm not sure I understand. What really works? Other than variety, what is the advantage of Park Hopping?

Deadmanwalking

>>> It realy works.

I'm not sure I understand. What really works? Other than variety, what is the advantage of Park Hopping?

Its only for variety. You will waste at least 30 minutes each time you park hop. So unless you just have a Monorail fetish it doesn't really make sense if you have multiple days.

hidden_wings

Park Hopping not only gives you variety, it also opens you up a bit. Say you go to one park in the morning, and wind up spending all day there - by the time afternoon/evening comes around, you might have finished everything you planned on doing that day. By Park Hopping, you can go to another park and catch their firework show, ride a usually crowded ride, etc. Park Hopping is best with long trips, but with short trips, it's fun too.

EPCOT.nut

I always wind up doing MK and Epcot in one day...mostly because those two are my favorite parks (in fact, I rarely go to either of the other two parks, lol)! But I think I also have a secret love affair with the monorail. LOL

Me too! :lol: DANG!

I have a 1975 guidemap that suggests that on your first day you begin in Tomorrowland and on your second day begin in Adventureland.

Now we have 4 parks and they encourage us to park-hop! :eek:

Bonnet

This is actually a great idea and I handn't thought of it as most people I know spend a few days in a row going to just one park all day.

surfsupdon

We never stay in a park for a full day. Actually, we are never in any combination of parks for a full day.

There is always a point of returning back to our room in the afternoon to relax and lay out in the sun. Parks are morning and night time events. And they are always two different parks.

Park hopping really works well for us.

Computer Magic

On our last day in 2005, we park hopped all four parks. This was easy since we stayed at a Epcot Resort. This is how we did it

1. We started at MGM for the early opening at 7am and hit our three favorite attractions, LM, RnR and Tot.
  2. Went to AK and spent the afternoon there until 5pm close.
  3. Went to MK from 5:30 until 9:30.
  4. went to Epcon from 10pm until 1am closing.
Got to love the summer hours.

Philo

I'm not sure there was a single day on my last trip when we stayed only in one park. As we were staying offsite we always needed to get a coach back to our hotel from EPCOT anyway so if we spent the day at AK we would spend the last few hours round the World Showcase. Even when we started off at EPCOT we moved around the parks alot.

epcotWSC

Park hopping saves money. You get your parks done in four or five days instead of dragging it out longer. Then you have the rest of your vacation to relax at the pool, go to the water parks and all that stuff :).

If you buy a 10 day pass, if you can get through all the parks in 5 days, you have two trips worth on one pass. Unless you have an annual pass, then it doesn't matter.

Plus, for me, who isn't big on Animal Kingdom, I can get what I want to see in that park done by lunch time if I go first thing in the morning. So I go to the park, eat lunch, go back to the room, rest for a bit, then go to another park for the evening.

Usually spend a whole day in no particular order (usually depending on extra magic hours) at 1) MK, 2) EPCOT, 3) DHS. Then 4) split a day b/t Epcot and Animal Kingdom, and 5) a half day at MK usually the on first day after arriving.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Park hopping saves money. You get your parks done in four or five days instead of dragging it out longer. Then you have the rest of your vacation to relax at the pool, go to the water parks and all that stuff :).

If you buy a 10 day pass, if you can get through all the parks in 5 days, you have two trips worth on one pass. Unless you have an annual pass, then it doesn't matter.

Adding the hopper option is more expensive, it takes longer because you have to travel between the parks and unless you buy the no expiration option to the tickets, your 10 day day ticket will expire before you get to use the remaining 5 days on another trip

adrianuk91

We have pretty much always parked hopped, in our Oct trip one day we went round downtown disney then did disney quest then went to a very very quite Ak in the afternoon and then finished off in Mk. Out of our 2 week holiday I don't think we spent a whole day in any park. It also helps that we live in the UK so we had the Ultimate 14 day ticket for the price of 7 days which this also includes unlitmited park hopping, water parks, and disneyquest.

gembob

What I tend to do in a two week holiday (vacation) is do one park one day, then a water park, another park, water park etc until all four parks are covered. Then spend the rest of the time park hopping to see what I havent seen or want to do again, doing disney quest, DTD etc

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
When it comes to Epcot or MK, those are all day parks for my family and myself. AK is always a partial day, but DHS can be an all-dayer as well depending on how many times we're willing to ride ToT and RnRC.

Jenna

I must admit I'm not a great fan of park hopping! When we go we do one park...all day! We usually arrive aroun 10am/11am and stay until close (we don't get EMH cause we stay offsite) . The only time we ever park hop is from AK cause it closes early so we go watch the fireworks at another park!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom