Going to the world Solo any ideas on where I should eat

hrcollectibles

Hello all,
I was just wondering what dining places I should try to experience I will be at the world for 9 days... I have eaten at Narcooses (sp), donalds Brakfast a sauras (which I know is no more) and several places in the world showcase. What places are can't misses. Thanx for the help

shoppingnut

We went to Citrocos and it was excellent, I also love Yachtsman. Boma is great, Concourse Steak House (might still be open depending on when you're going), LeCellier.

Upvote 0

Mr.EPCOT

My favorites are 'Ohana at the Polynesian, and the 50's Prime-Time Cafe at the Disney/MGM Studios, both well-documented and reviewed throughout this site! I would consider both of those "can't miss." The Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom is also excellent. Other little gems I love are the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge and the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue dinner show (or the Trail's End buffet next door) at Ft. Wilderness. Restaurants that I haven't eaten at but lots of people rave about are the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort, and Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Upvote 0

darrin933

Being solo I would say California grill. You can go and just sit at the bar and you wont need a reservation. Laurie, Dennis and Ray will take care of you.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

A good solo place to eat in my opinion is the San Angel Inn inside Mexico (not the cantina outside, yuck:hurl:). The restaurant has great food and the tables are fairly close together so you have a nice experience of being surrounded by people even if you are alone.

Prime Time Cafe is great. It's still a very entertaining place when you are by yourself.

The atmosphere at the SciFi dine-in theatre is really fun when you are alone too but I'm not so sure about the food lately.

Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Clubs is a lot of fun. If you are by yourself you can easily sit at the counter.

Those are some of the places I have eaten at alone and not really felt alone.

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Being solo I would say California grill. You can go and just sit at the bar and you wont need a reservation. Laurie, Dennis and Ray will take care of you.

Really? Would you still have to check in on the fourth floor, or can you just say I'd like to eat in the lounge? (Going solo myself in March '08).

Upvote 0

tink68

I have a vote for dinner at Spoodles on the Boardwalk. You could eat and then wonder around or walk over to Beach and Yacht Club, pull up a lounge chair on the beach and watch a movie. Nice relaxing evening. Have fun. :wave:

Upvote 0

frankd1962

I went there solo in June and ate all the places that I wanted to eat from the last time I was there in 2000. The characters will have just as much fun with you as they do with the kids and if you get into the fun with them...let's just say it will great fun.

Did the Sci-Fi and had great fun there acting like a big kid. :ROFLOL: The Garden Grill was fun when Chip decided to join me at my family table (one guy at a family table all by myself). The poor handler didn't know what to do with us two. The most magical was a little Tigger fan who was waiting for him to come by our section at Crystal Palace and her smile light up the entire area when he came around the corner. I almost teared up seeing her with him. I thanked her for making it a magical morning for me.

I don't know if the family from Indiana are on this forum but I had great fun with them at the Rose & Crown as we went over which American football team was the best. :ROFLOL: We had tables close together and had an enjoyable word play about sports and what to look for as we all go throught the park while we waited for Illumination to start.

So do a character meal to have fun, do an 8pm seating at the Rose & Crown to see Illuminations while enjoying a great meal and just pick those places you wanted to go no matter what.

Upvote 0

maharet97a

Beirgarten or the Teppanyaki style restraunt in Epcot could be fun if you'd like to interact with others during your dining experience. One of the wonderful things about Disney though is no matter where you go you can usually find a good conversation.

We really enjoyed our meal at Bongos and plan on eating there again this next trip. We're big fans of Cuban food on the whole though. Mmm...croquetas.:slurp:

Upvote 0

tecowdw

I don't know. Going to Disney alone just seems like I would feel so awkward - especially the TS dining part.
:lookaroun

I commend and admire those of you that do though.

Upvote 0

VoiceGuy07

Flying Fish at the Boardwalk also has bar-type seating by the "open kitchen". Have eaten there three or four times - the food / service is good and atmoshpere very nice. Big River Grille down the Boardwalk has a good bar, great beer.....food and service is so so.

Upvote 0

VoiceGuy07

Can't believe I forgot. House of Blues at Downtown Disney has a great bar and great food. Have been there a number of times by myself. A couple of weeks ago as a matter of fact.

Also, Raglan Road at Downtown Disney has a few bars (inside and outside) and has a very nice "comfort food" menu. Have "hung out" there a few times as well.

Upvote 0

maharet97a

I've heard conflicting stories on the food at Raglan Road, but the atmosphere is great. Good music, good beer and the enjoyment of watching those drunk enough to dance. We enjoyed our trip greatly and will be going back this next trip as well.

Upvote 0

VoiceGuy07

I've heard conflicting stories on the food at Raglan Road, but the atmosphere is great. Good music, good beer and the enjoyment of watching those drunk enough to dance. We enjoyed our trip greatly and will be going back this next trip as well.

The 4 or 5 times I've eaten there, the food's been great. Not sure if its standard Irish food, but good!

Upvote 0

RLMickey

Artist Point

Try Artist Point for a great experience in the wines and foods of the Pacific Northwest....try things like Buffalo, Venison Spring Rolls, Cedar Plank Salmon. The atmosphere is great, view of the lake and geyser. The servers will be great in talking about the food, wine, and pairing, and a visit from the Chef almost always happens.:animwink:

Upvote 0

VoiceGuy07

Try Artist Point for a great experience in the wines and foods of the Pacific Northwest....try things like Buffalo, Venison Spring Rolls, Cedar Plank Salmon. The atmosphere is great, view of the lake and geyser. The servers will be great in talking about the food, wine, and pairing, and a visit from the Chef almost always happens.:animwink:

Where can I "come and say hi"?

Upvote 0

coasterphil

I've yet to eat a TS meal solo at WDW. I feel weird enough doing it out in the real world so I'd imagine that I'd feel even more awkward surrounded by vacationing families. I also avoid TS by myself because I generally get terrible service because solo/college diners don't seem to excite the servers much.

Upvote 0

macsmom

I had so much fun going solo in September! Even better than I thought I would have. I had a great time eating at Chef Mickey's & Crystal Palace. The CMs made sure that the characters came over to my table so I would not miss anything. And, I was a "hitchhiker" at the Sci-Fi. I love their food. Mmmmmm, ribs. I even had the chili this time and it was pretty good. I did not like San Angel Inn which someone earlier said was great. Maybe it was an off day. I was stuck in a corner against a wall between doors. Food sucked too. Anyway, different strokes, I guess. But, you can have a fabulous time going solo!!

danna

Upvote 0

bgraham34

The only sitdown that I have done by myself was Chef Mickeys and it was fun. I think Mickey felt sorry for me as he stopped by 3 times by me.

Upvote 0

RedGear

My personal fav that I have to go to every time I am at disney, is Jikos, at AKL. I love the food and the atmosphere. It's the best dinner ever, but that's just me personally.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom