Going to the world Solo any ideas on where I should eat

hrcollectibles

Hello all,
I was just wondering what dining places I should try to experience I will be at the world for 9 days... I have eaten at Narcooses (sp), donalds Brakfast a sauras (which I know is no more) and several places in the world showcase. What places are can't misses. Thanx for the help

julwh

I've yet to eat a TS meal solo at WDW. I feel weird enough doing it out in the real world so I'd imagine that I'd feel even more awkward surrounded by vacationing families. I also avoid TS by myself because I generally get terrible service because solo/college diners don't seem to excite the servers much.

I go to a convention every year at WDW for work so I eat alone for 5 nights usually. I have never had a problem with TS luckily - the servers seem to always be good.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I've gone many times by myself and never had a problem with the service. The first few times I ate alone, it was an odd feeling, but after that it didn't bother me.

Upvote 0

Thiger

House of Blues is really good. Great Cajun cooking (actually nice n spicey) and huge portions...also, if you go on certain nights, bands are playing and being alone is no biggie there (waitresses are very cute).

I found the servers at the Beirgartten in Germany to be really friendly and the band that plays is fantastic.

California grill is a great place to get amazing food and see a wonderful view of the fireworks.

Hollywood brown derby is a place not to be missed. May feel a bit awkward eating there alone but if you get a round booth you can pretend that you're al capone or something. hehehee

good luck! I'm sooo envious that you're going!

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

I had a solo trip last year.

I really enjoyed my lunch at Chefs de France.....got just the best service and a great view of the walkway in Epcot....Princesses were out so it was fun to watch the kids with them.

Biergarten is great to eat at if you are alone.....you are put at a table with other diners so if you are sociable, you can really have fun.

I also ate solo at Le cellier but must admit I felt awkward plus had horrible service. Just think my server had a bad night, most times I have had great service there.

I also ate at Rainforest Cafe (I had a gift card) and had some of the best service ever. Great seat by the fish tanks.

Whenever I ate CS I offered to share my table w/ others if it was crowded. Met some great people that way.

Other tip: I offered to take pictures for families....this was fun as I know when we go as a family I am never in the pics, always behind the camera!

Upvote 0

DDEPILLO

go pats

I went solo in 2006 and ate at the Coral Reef Restaurante. Really cool there. they sat me right next to the tank and when i was eating my salad a turtle stoped by and hung out right next to me. The prime rib was awesome. I also ate in Germany that was fun cause they sit you with random people.

Upvote 0

maharet97a

The 4 or 5 times I've eaten there, the food's been great. Not sure if its standard Irish food, but good!

See opinions I find keep differing. I've seen the menu and it sounds good to me. But like I've said I've seen some really bad reviews too. Maybe some people just don't realize pub food isn't supposed to be fancy. We may just have to check it out ourselves this trip. Thanks :)

Upvote 0

FaerieLuna

My personal fav's are Boma, California Grill, Liberty Tree Tavern and the Brown Derby.

I always have a great time during my solo trips. There are always people to talk to if you are inclined to do so. As much as some people can't imagine going solo, I can't imagine NOT going just because no one else can. But that's just me :) Have a great time!

Upvote 0

julwh

Whenever I ate CS I offered to share my table w/ others if it was crowded. Met some great people that way.

Other tip: I offered to take pictures for families....this was fun as I know when we go as a family I am never in the pics, always behind the camera!

Great tips! I also offer to take pics for families and couples - breaks up the monotony of being there by yourself.

My husband is coming with me this year to my convention so I can't wait - it will be fun sharing it all with him. :king:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom