Going solo for 2 days, which park would you choose.

mroman

Hi all, I'm going to be staying at All-Star Movies for 2 nights 8/3-8/5 and had planned on going into one park (no park hopping). I was wondering which park would you choose and why. I've been to WDW dozens and dozens of times and I'm leaning towards Magic Kingdom because of the feeling you get apart from all the other parks. Not to mention more of my favorite rides are here as well.
I'd like to hear other's opinions and what other suggestions you might have.

Thanks!

carebearsrgr8

I agree why not pay the extra 40ish dollars and go to multiple parks...spend the day at one park then hop over and have dinner at another...Mine would be spend the day at MK and then hop on over to EPCOT have dinner and see Illuminations...thats my two cents.:shrug:

Upvote 0

Lucky

If I were on my own, food would be more important than rides, so Epcot one day. Probably AK the other day. MK is more fun to do with kids.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

This is funny because we were just talking about this. If there were a park that you could skip which one would it be? For us, we couldn't decide so my advice would be to get the hopper pass and visit them all. :D

Upvote 0

Lucky

This is funny because we were just talking about this. If there were a park that you could skip which one would it be? For us, we couldn't decide so my advice would be to get the hopper pass and visit them all. :D
Even with a hopper pass, with only 2 days I'd probably skip MGM. Give me 3 days on a hopper pass and I'll go to every park and see Fantasmic, Wishes and Illuminations once each.

Upvote 0

snowhyte

I say go to EPCOT. You can take as much time as you want exploring WS and you'll be able to enjoy the live entertainment. i also feel that Epcot is a great place to talk to people. We have had many interesting conversations w/ people when we were just sitting in a country enjoying a cold drink or whatever. To me this makes the trip unique and memorable - if having conversations w/ strangers is up your alley, of course!:) plus, there are so many food and drink options.

have fun whatever you decide.

Upvote 0

Maria

Did you say just one day for parks? - I love Epcot and AK but I think I would choose between The Studios and MK...

If you have two days - then you could do what I did with a friend of mine who only had two days: she bought the park hopper and we did MGM during the day and MK for Wishes and Spectromagic one day. The next day we did AK and a quick jump to MGM to see Fantasmic!. Would be very wise to check park schedules and see how you can take advantage of them, considering shows and all that.
(We left Epcot out in her schedule for no other reason that she had already been there other times. When she left, I did Epcot, MGM and MK in the two more days I had left!)
Good luck!

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Hi all, I'm going to be staying at All-Star Movies for 2 nights 8/3-8/5 and had planned on going into one park (no park hopping). I was wondering which park would you choose and why. I've been to WDW dozens and dozens of times and I'm leaning towards Magic Kingdom because of the feeling you get apart from all the other parks. Not to mention more of my favorite rides are here as well.
I'd like to hear other's opinions and what other suggestions you might have.

Thanks!
Maybe it's just the way you worded it, but do you realize that with a 2-day base ticket you don't have to limit yourself to only one park???

You are permitted to go to one park each day. You do NOT need to buy the park hopper add-on to go to Magic Kingdom on Day 1 and Epcot on Day 2. That is NOT park hopping. Park hopping is going to MK and Epcot on the same day.

I apologize if you already know this, but when you wrote you are not buying the park hopper and ask what one park we'd recommend for your 2 days, my very first thought was that you didn't realize you DON'T need the park hopper to go to one park one day and a different park the next day.

Please, have a good laugh at me for making the assumption that you didn't realize that ... please! ...:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

raven

Go and explore! Don't limit yourself to the parks. There are many things outside of the parks that are begging to be seen. I usually visit 3 or 4 other resorts on my longer trips just to see the scenery.

I used to go by myself to WDW every year for about 6 years and I loved it! :wave:

Upvote 0

mroman

Original Poster
Maybe it's just the way you worded it, but do you realize that with a 2-day base ticket you don't have to limit yourself to only one park???

You are permitted to go to one park each day. You do NOT need to buy the park hopper add-on to go to Magic Kingdom on Day 1 and Epcot on Day 2. That is NOT park hopping. Park hopping is going to MK and Epcot on the same day.

I apologize if you already know this, but when you wrote you are not buying the park hopper and ask what one park we'd recommend for your 2 days, my very first thought was that you didn't realize you DON'T need the park hopper to go to one park one day and a different park the next day.

Please, have a good laugh at me for making the assumption that you didn't realize that ... please! ...:ROFLOL:

You're right what I wrote is a little misleading. What I intended to say was I was going to be there for 2 nights and was planning on going into a park only one of the days I am there. Instead of buying a ticket with the park hopper option I figured I would save the money and stay in one park. The other day would be going to Downtown Disney or visiting hotels.

Everyone has been great with their feedback and I know I'm going to Magic Kingdom at least. But the more I think about it, it's hard to turn down Epcot. So I might just cave and get an extra day for Epcot.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom