Pre-Trip Going out in style with the Orlando Mouse: A BBFN SnT PTR

Whelp, why not amiright? Here we are, 35ish, days away from the beginning of the end for us and the Orlando Mouse(at least for a few years). We’ve decided to let our APs run out in May and hit the Seas Mouse…hard. We’ve currently got a few DCLs planned for the next twelve months including a Surf n Turf in May. We decided last year after our two Orlando visits, and a trip to the OG in Cali, that the Orlando Mouse was just not doing what he could for all the Mouseketeers paying his rent. It was a tough, first world problem, decision for us as we have been every year for the last ten years and AP holders for at least the last five. In the end we will speak with our wallet and support what we’ve really been enjoying until Iger ruins that too. Ugh… , lets shake of this morose BS with a cute cat gif and move forward shall we?

Ahhhh, much better. So, some details.
Who: Well, us
DW:

And me:

When: Mother’s Day Week.
Where: We’re book ending this voyage with stays at the Villas at Grand Floridian and Bay lake Towers, hence the style.
What/Why: One final, kinda, hoorah with the Orlando Mouse with a DCL 4-nighter in between.

Plenty of details to follow including a WDWMagic meetup, poor grammar, and of course a beer exchange.

mcstensrud

Hey, I'm game for a west coast/east coast beer exchange!

We've only ever done the carousel ONE TIME, ever!
I've considered the HBS for a shave but I dont think they do that.
Flag Retreat is a regular for us, as good as WDW does with it DL does it better 😮

I'm all about making my bride happy but I'm with ya, Max. We have FPs for our favorites and vacation creep is about to set in giving us some additional time at MK to get more in.

Yes, That needs to happen! We've got a few dates between Oct.2019 and April 2020 planned, just sayin.

Little update:

We ended up nixing the Citricos ADR. Since MK closes at 9 the night we are there we figured we would stay in the park, knock out one of Casey's specialty dogs for dinner, and get a kiss goodnight before meeting a friend at TotWL for drinks. Also...yeah, looks like we will probably going down a day earlier now. #vacationcreepisreal
Right now all we have booked is Aug 2019 to get cruise #13 out of the way!

Brian & Jill

Team Buffalo in the house!!!

NO F’N WAY!!!! We’re aft too, obviously. This is amazing! Did you see that #tonyfromspain is our activities director again! Are yall staying at WDW afterwards too? Are yall a prt of the FB group?

Seriously, this is nuts!

Oh hell yeah we are going back to the parks after the cruise!!!! Friday we check into POR and then off to AK for the rest of the day. Saturday Epcot and Sunday back to MK for Early Morning Magic and a good portion of the day in MK before our 10:00 pm flight back home. Pre cruise we land Orlando about 9:30 am on Mother’s Day,head to Contemporary check in then off to MK. After that off to Homecomin at DS for late dinner.

MerMom1981

Seriously mixed emotions over here. 😱☹️🤔🤨😀
My very first trip to WDW was less stellar. We stayed on property and did the dining plan, and at the end of the week I felt like I'd paid a ton of money to be shuffled and herded around, and I didn't get the allure. I was too busy giving side-eye to wear rose-colored glasses.
I have obviously come around since then, but I can understand your discontent.

You've got me worried tho! I'm going to DL for the first time this June...

imahistorygeek

Seriously mixed emotions over here. 😱🤔🤨😀
My very first trip to WDW was less stellar. We stayed on property and did the dining plan, and at the end of the week I felt like I'd paid a ton of money to be shuffled and herded around, and I didn't get the allure. I was too busy giving side-eye to wear rose-colored glasses.
I have obviously come around since then, but I can understand your discontent.

You've got me worried tho! I'm going to DL for the first time this June...

We will be going back to DL before WDW after this May trip. It's not until 2021, but we're still excited.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Small update, got some mail:
E6C9F1FD-36BD-403B-97DF-64ECBA6605DF.jpeg

Which, of course, means more garland!
36F3443F-A2AE-4857-BE55-825F267774F1.jpeg

Still haven’t received our cruise documents yet and we’re 22 days out so I hope that TA gets with it already and ships that stuff out!

In other news we added some FPs for HS and and MK extends hours on our MK day so we may change the TotWL magic M&G slightly.

Obviously we haven’t packed anything yet and I still need to purchase my beer exchange offerings for the cruise. Its hard to believe we are just 20 days out!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Hey now, we're less than TWO WEEKS OUT!!!

We received some mail yesterday, finally.
Booklet.jpeg

The cruise booklets have suffered some serious attrition. They are about a quarter of the thickness they once were. They gutted it of a lot of information. Cost savings? Anyway, its here and things feel super real now. We also received the 2019-20 cruise itinerary booklet and the Adventures by Disney itinerary book. The DW and I enjoyed reading through the AbD book on the way to dinner last night and laughing at the ridiculous pricing the Disney Experience is asking. I'll admit, though, the DL itinerary did look appealing.

So last I left off vacation creep had set in and we added a night at AKL and a HS park visit. We still have the same plans at MK the next day with a WDWMagic M&G planned for the TotWL. This brings us up to embarkation day. As is, mostly, tradition for us we plan to hit up Kona Cafe for breakfast. Despite them jacking with the menu and raising the price of a Kona press to almost $10 we will still give it a go. Since we are driving to the bubble we can take our time this morning, enjoy breakfast, and will probably leave VGF around 9-9:30 for the port. We should arrive before 11:00 and have plenty of time to check baggage and check in for embarkation by noon.

Cruise tip: Wear your bathing suits to the port or carry them in your carry on bag. Once you check your bags you wont see them until mid afternoon, or later, and you will probably want to enjoy the pools before then!

Once we get on board we typically hit up Cabanas for a snack and so I can get POG juice for my Castaway Cocktail, sooooo good. Then it's adult pool time until the DVC M&G and the beer exchange!

Ahhh the beer exchange! We've got a good one lined up for this trip. So far we are up to 23 participates! This almost doubles the attendees from previous cruises. Its gotten so big that I've had to move it from the lobby to The District. Good problem to have, I suppose. I did pick up my contribution for the exchange yesterday:
BeerforExch.jpeg

I still need to pick up the other half of my CC mix and, of course, start thinking about packing...ugh packing.

Rista1313

Hey now, we're less than TWO WEEKS OUT!!!

We received some mail yesterday, finally.
View attachment 367692

The cruise booklets have suffered some serious attrition. They are about a quarter of the thickness they once were. They gutted it of a lot of information. Cost savings? Anyway, its here and things feel super real now. We also received the 2019-20 cruise itinerary booklet and the Adventures by Disney itinerary book. The DW and I enjoyed reading through the AbD book on the way to dinner last night and laughing at the ridiculous pricing the Disney Experience is asking. I'll admit, though, the DL itinerary did look appealing.

So last I left off vacation creep had set in and we added a night at AKL and a HS park visit. We still have the same plans at MK the next day with a WDWMagic M&G planned for the TotWL. This brings us up to embarkation day. As is, mostly, tradition for us we plan to hit up Kona Cafe for breakfast. Despite them jacking with the menu and raising the price of a Kona press to almost $10 we will still give it a go. Since we are driving to the bubble we can take our time this morning, enjoy breakfast, and will probably leave VGF around 9-9:30 for the port. We should arrive before 11:00 and have plenty of time to check baggage and check in for embarkation by noon.

Cruise tip: Wear your bathing suits to the port or carry them in your carry on bag. Once you check your bags you wont see them until mid afternoon, or later, and you will probably want to enjoy the pools before then!

Once we get on board we typically hit up Cabanas for a snack and so I can get POG juice for my Castaway Cocktail, sooooo good. Then it's adult pool time until the DVC M&G and the beer exchange!

Ahhh the beer exchange! We've got a good one lined up for this trip. So far we are up to 23 participates! This almost doubles the attendees from previous cruises. Its gotten so big that I've had to move it from the lobby to The District. Good problem to have, I suppose. I did pick up my contribution for the exchange yesterday:
View attachment 367691

I still need to pick up the other half of my CC mix and, of course, start thinking about packing...ugh packing.

With the beer exchange, have you ever had repeat people from previous cruises, or is it new ones every time?

lostpro9het

Original Poster
With the beer exchange, have you ever had repeat people from previous cruises, or is it new ones every time?
Honestly, if it wasn't for @Brian & Jill on this upcoming cruise we have NEVER meet the same guests on multiple cruises! So to answer your question, nope, never a repeat with the exchanges...yet. What I really like about the exchanges is you get folks from all over involved. So far on this trip I know we have a few Canucks, someone from Hawaii, Europe, and the UK. It creates a great opportunity to try some things you would never normally be able to get your hands on while paying forward to others as well.

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

If I had not have canceled our original trip, we would have overlapped with the end of trip, and your beginning. I am eating a bit of crow by going back, but the fact is I needed a goodbye for awhile. A short one for us. Only 4 days. I added a day. 😳 No sense in wasting the APs either. I will most likely cry when we leave because I will know I won’t be back for awhile but one last hoorah! I feel the same way about choosing my time wisely.

PopPopBear

Team Buffalo in the house!!!

NO F’N WAY!!!! We’re aft too, obviously. This is amazing! Did you see that #tonyfromspain is our activities director again! Are yall staying at WDW afterwards too? Are yall a prt of the FB group?

Seriously, this is nuts!

#tonyfromspain is the best!! Was on the Dream earlier this month. He is still full of his usual antics which the wife and I love even if at our expense from time to time.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
If I had not have canceled our original trip, we would have overlapped with the end of trip, and your beginning. I am eating a bit of crow by going back, but the fact is I needed a goodbye for awhile. A short one for us. Only 4 days. I added a day. 😳 No sense in wasting the APs either. I will most likely cry when we leave because I will know I won’t be back for awhile but one last hoorah! I feel the same way about choosing my time wisely.
I ain't judging, I hope you enjoy the fling! Too bad we just miss each other maybe one day on the high seas.

#tonyfromspain is the best!! Was on the Dream earlier this month. He is still full of his usual antics which the wife and I love even if at our expense from time to time.
He's really the best, IMO. Did the rubber chicken make an appearance on your trip?

The Beer Exchange is up to 27 and we have less than 10 days to go! Still need to buy some snacks for the drive down, another gift card for spending, and my Castaway Cocktail rum. Might ought to pull the luggage out sooner or later too.

PopPopBear

He's really the best, IMO. Did the rubber chicken make an appearance on your trip?

It didn't, that I know of anyway. I didn't know he uses that as a prop. I did ask him how he enjoyed Disneyland Paris as he kept reminding those on the Fantasy last spring of his plans to visit there during the summer. He seemed genuinely surprised anyone would remember that. I kidded him by telling him who could forget after all the "bragging" he was going to go there. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom