Going in October

KTBYRD79

We are going the first week in October, is this a good time to go? Also, I just ordered the dining discount card, do you think it will be mailed to me in time, its right at 3 weeks until we leave.

Thanks for any info.

ktbyrd79
leaving in 24 days!!!!

KTBYRD79

Original Poster
I tried 50'S & Sci-Fi for all times of the day. Oct 3-7. We like everything, but we will have my 4 year old daughter. Party of 4. We are staying in the All Star Muisc. Any info will be helpful.

Ktbyrd79
23 days and counting!!!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Are you planning on doing MNSSHP? Don't know if it will be late for your young one..but its a nice experience for all! If so there are dinner packages with that, one is at the Liberty Tree tavern (MK). Regular dinners there are nice..buffet and characters. I also like Tony's for a sit down meal in MK.

Some of the resorts might be considered, Chef Micky's at the Contemporary for Character breakfast and dinner, 1900 Park Fare in Grand Floridian, also Character breakfast and dinner.

Polynesian - O'hana is fun for dinner as is the Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. Whispering Canyon is probably closest to 50's Prime Time as far as potential interaction and fun. All very kid friendly.

Animal Kingdom is mostly casual eats, the main sit down is Rainforest Cafe...(I always thought it was a little loud and scary for younger kids)

Epcot has a wealth of restaurants for any taste...again, check out allearsnet, and remember that all restaurants have a (fairly uniform) kids menu.

Those are some starters, I'm sure others will weigh in with their favorites

Upvote 0

KTBYRD79

Original Poster
WWHHHOOOOOO, I just called back and spoke to another CM, and I got Boma's for dinner, 50's for lunch, and SCI-Fi for lunch!!!!!! Yeah I got all of them I wanted and just threw Boma's in there. My daughter is going to be soooo excited. Thanks for all of the info!!!!! I have never been to any of these places.

Ktbyrd79
23 days and counting

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

DH and I are going to MNSSHP on Oct 2 as well! We're meeting up with some CM friends of ours and having dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern.
As for ressies, when I called the millionth time, the man I spoke to told me 'Gee, we're all booked up for Le Cellier for two people, but I see quite a few openings for three or four...'

Was this a hint? Should I book a table for more people? :lookaroun
Cause that's a little messed up.... Or, does anyone want to have dinner with us at Le Cellier on October third? :D

Upvote 0

MSTINKHERBELL01

KTBYRD79 said:
WWHHHOOOOOO, I just called back and spoke to another CM, and I got Boma's for dinner, 50's for lunch, and SCI-Fi for lunch!!!!!! Yeah I got all of them I wanted and just threw Boma's in there. My daughter is going to be soooo excited. Thanks for all of the info!!!!! I have never been to any of these places.

Ktbyrd79
23 days and counting

YAY! I'm so happy for you! You'll have a blast at 50's...Boma is nice (eat some Zebra Domes for me and save them i'll be checking in All Star Music on the 7th:lol: ... I'll be waiting by the check in desk!)

Upvote 0

madge

ClemsonTigger said:
We usually do Sci Fi for lunch...possibly look at that
50's is one of our favorites also...I suggest keep trying, and also when you get to your hotel (they always hold back some from advanced res. - kind of like airline seats)

How long are you going to be there, and what are your dining preferences...we can offer a number of fun things to try that you may not have done before, or thought of...

Also, if you haven't already, check out:
http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm
for some good planning tools

I have absolutely NO luck getting my Sci-Fi changed from Monday (10/3) to any other day of our trip. We aren't going to a park the day after MNSSHP...we are going to hang out at the resort. If that plan holds, I'll let you know when I cancel and maybe you can pick up my PS.

edited to add: I see you got your lunch! That gives me hope to keep trying :)

Upvote 0

madge

PigletIsMyCat said:
DH and I are going to MNSSHP on Oct 2 as well! We're meeting up with some CM friends of ours and having dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern.
As for ressies, when I called the millionth time, the man I spoke to told me 'Gee, we're all booked up for Le Cellier for two people, but I see quite a few openings for three or four...'

Was this a hint? Should I book a table for more people? :lookaroun
Cause that's a little messed up.... Or, does anyone want to have dinner with us at Le Cellier on October third? :D

That happened to me when I called for the Princess Breakfast at Epcot. I needed a table for 3, and all that was showing was a table for 4....the CM advised me to book it ASAP and go back and modify the PS from 4 to 3. That's exactly what I did, too, LOL...

Upvote 0

shari71

Our last three visits in October were too hot for me - upper 80's and lower 90's during the day. Not one day did it rain though. We ususally went the week before Halloween but after Columbus Day. Its not a bad time to go, but not as wonderful as I thought it would be. Waits are reasonable but still some are long. We usually booked MNSSHP for Sunday or a week day. Our mistake the first year was making them for Friday. Area locals came in to park at our resort and ride the buses in with us, making it pretty miserable. Also more crowded.

October though is my favorite time to go...unless this December vacation turns out to be as good as I expect it to.

Upvote 0

KTBYRD79

Original Poster
I live in Florida so the weather is not a big deal to me. We are not going to MNSSHP because of my daughter, I think she is still too young, she gets freaked out easily. I figured we could swim during the MNSSHP and not have too many people to deal with.

ktbyrd79
23 days and counting!!!!

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

We're going the 9th-17th and got PS for California Grill (I tried to time it with Wishes :)) and our Cirque tickets were no problem either. Granted, I book them a little over 80 days out :lookaroun

Its our honeymoon and I wanted to be on the safe side.... :D

Upvote 0

GrowingUpDisney

We are going on the 21st for 9 days. My inlaws went the same weekend last year and they said the crowds were not too bad. However, there are three events going on while we will be there - The F&W Festival at Epcot, MNSSHP @ Mk ad there is also a Golf Tourny at the World. I think that may lead to a few more people than normal.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
cuteazabutton74 said:
So if I try to go in Oct 21 (Friday) it will be busy for MNSSHP?

Thanks
Cary

All weekend dates toward the end of the month are "busier". Will it be sold out, no, will you get to walk on to the rides, no.
With that said, it's a fun time, and I would urge anyone who has not gone to one to do so!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom