Going in October

KTBYRD79

We are going the first week in October, is this a good time to go? Also, I just ordered the dining discount card, do you think it will be mailed to me in time, its right at 3 weeks until we leave.

Thanks for any info.

ktbyrd79
leaving in 24 days!!!!

brich

I'm going the middle to the end of October. I have heard that the lines are very manageable. The weather is not real hot and the nights not to cool. The MNSSHP is a blast... That's the high level. I'm sure you could find lots more info searching cuz I'm pretty sure many of us had the same question. :sohappy:

As for the Dining Discount card, from what I've heard, take the email they send you if they don't get the card to you and you can get a temp card at Dining Relations or whatever it's called, over at Epcot. :)

I'm sure if this is bad info, I will be corrected real fast. :lol:

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

I went last year, the second week of October. Everything was very easy to get onto with the exception of Space Mountain, we waited over an hour but they had run out of Fastpasses :mad: . So, I suggest either go there first or get a FP early. Only day it seemed really busy was Columbus Day (Who knew it was Columbus Day?)

We're going end of Sept-Oct (IN 20 DAYS!!!) and I'm having alot of trouble getting some Advance Dining Reservations, or whatever they're called today. Impossible to get CRT (though I did manage to snag an early dinner ressie), and I can't get into Le Cellier and I can't change my ressie for Hollywood & Vine... When I first booked it, I booked a Fantasmic! dinner package on the dining plan. No one mentioned I couldn't do that, so when I called to confirm a ressie, I asked them and they changed it to a regular ADR since I couldn't have the package on the dining plan.
Of course, NOW you CAN book the package on the dining plan. And they won't change my ressie to a package.:brick:

Upvote 0

madge

PigletIsMyCat said:
I went last year, the second week of October. Everything was very easy to get onto with the exception of Space Mountain, we waited over an hour but they had run out of Fastpasses :mad: . So, I suggest either go there first or get a FP early. Only day it seemed really busy was Columbus Day (Who knew it was Columbus Day?)

We're going end of Sept-Oct (IN 20 DAYS!!!) and I'm having alot of trouble getting some Advance Dining Reservations, or whatever they're called today. Impossible to get CRT (though I did manage to snag an early dinner ressie), and I can't get into Le Cellier and I can't change my ressie for Hollywood & Vine... When I first booked it, I booked a Fantasmic! dinner package on the dining plan. No one mentioned I couldn't do that, so when I called to confirm a ressie, I asked them and they changed it to a regular ADR since I couldn't have the package on the dining plan.
Of course, NOW you CAN book the package on the dining plan. And they won't change my ressie to a package.:brick:

I'm having some of the same issues with Priority Seatings for early October. We changed our flight to leave (and come home) a day earlier, and it has been very frustrating trying to change some of the meals planned....I'm hoping to grab some cancellations over the next 3 weeks :::fingers crossed:::

as far as October crowds--we have been going the first week of October since 1998 (with the exception of 2001, when my DD was born) and the weather & crowds are perfect! It does get busier around Columbus Day weekend, though!

Upvote 0

MSTINKHERBELL01

I remember Madge...you're going to MNSSHP on the 6th! I'll be there on the 7th...I was hoping the crowds wouldnt be heavy....ususally the first week of Oct isn't crowded.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

KTBYRD79

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the info!!!!! This is the spur of the moment trip. We were suppose to be going on a cruise, but they have now given our ship to the Hurricane victims, which is wonderful. So now I have to get on the ball and plan, plan, plan. By the sounds of it, I might have trouble making my PS :mad: .

Ktbyrd79
23 days and counting :p

Upvote 0

madge

MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
I remember Madge...you're going to MNSSHP on the 6th! I'll be there on the 7th...I was hoping the crowds wouldnt be heavy....ususally the first week of Oct isn't crowded.:sohappy:

we were going on the 6th....I had it all planned so well, too....now we are going on October 2nd. I was able to switch my PS for the Crystal Palace to that day and we are really looking forward to be going to the party on Sunday (hopefully it will be a little less crowded), but I'm scrambling to switch some of my other restaurant choices for the rest of the week :hammer:

Upvote 0

MSTINKHERBELL01

madge said:
we were going on the 6th....I had it all planned so well, too....now we are going on October 2nd. I was able to switch my PS for the Crystal Palace to that day and we are really looking forward to be going to the party on Sunday (hopefully it will be a little less crowded), but I'm scrambling to switch some of my other restaurant choices for the rest of the week :hammer:

Oh ok....the 2nd is great...the sooner the better right?! Good luck with the PS's. As you can tell...you and the family were in my thoughts. :wave:

Upvote 0

mhead

I have had trouble with PS's for the first week in Oct, but my understanding is that it is not from the fact that it will be crowded, but form the dining options being part of packages etc.

Upvote 0

madge

mhead said:
I have had trouble with PS's for the first week in Oct, but my understanding is that it is not from the fact that it will be crowded, but form the dining options being part of packages etc.

that's what I was told last night, too. Martha Jean from Disney Dining was EXTREMELY pleasant and helpful, while we went through restaurant after restaurant for our stay. I really appreciated her attitude and enthusiasm...hers was much better than mine, I think :) She even went as far as to offer some tips for celebrating my DD's birthday while we are there. Most of the tips I already knew, but I thought it was awesome of her to offer so much assistance!

Upvote 0

madge

MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
Oh ok....the 2nd is great...the sooner the better right?! Good luck with the PS's. As you can tell...you and the family were in my thoughts. :wave:

I'm ok with going on the 2nd vs. the 6th...once I got used to idea of doing the party early in our trip, instead of the last night. Our original plans included MNSSHP on 10/6, sleeping in on 10/7. We'd spend 10/7 hanging out at the resort and go to HDDR at 7:15pm on Friday as sort of our last hurrah.

Now our flight leaves at 6:50am on 10/7....so all those plans are out the window, LOL!

I am thisclose to not worrying about the PS thing any more. I got the ones I want...both of the princess breakfasts for my DD 4th birthday, and I have the Crystal Palace booked for before the MNSSHP, and Garden Grill for our last night.

I still have some credits left to use, but it will work itself out, I'm sure...

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I'll jump on the bandwagon with recommendations for October. Weather is usually very pleasant, but be prepared for the possibility for some very summer like days (and even evenings)

You should have no trouble getting tickets to MNSSHP when there, but you get a slight discount by ordering early.

As for DDC, I very much doubt if you will get it before you leave. I would call and confirm how you would get a voucher for your stay. Be sure and hold on to the confirmation and your number.

The other thing to study up on is Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. Check here, on the Disney site and at AllEarsNet for details. Most of the special dinner experiences are already sold out, but there is still a lot to experience.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

KTBYRD79

Original Poster
AAAGGGHHHHH, every single resturant I tried to get PS were all booked. I guess we will be eating back at the hotel every night. :cry:

ktbyrd79
23 days and counting

Upvote 0

cj2me

I am going Oct 10-13 and only booked it about 50 days out. Luckily I had no problems with making Ressies. We only have 2 and a toddler, the size of your party makes a big difference in the availabilty of the ressies. We will be attending MNSSHP on the 11th, I can;t wait. Out of all the times we have been in Oct (which i have to say is one of the best months to go) we have never been to the big party.

Upvote 0

madge

KTBYRD79 said:
AAAGGGHHHHH, every single resturant I tried to get PS were all booked. I guess we will be eating back at the hotel every night. :cry:

ktbyrd79
23 days and counting

keep trying, even after you check in...sometimes people cancel

I'm still hopeful that I'll catch a cancellation for CRT on 10/1, which is my DD 4th birthday. I have a seating later in the week, but I'd love to get one on her actual b'day.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Reminders: There's over 200 places at WDW that accept ressies for dining. Try something new, you get an appetizer, entree, and dessert - what are the chances you'll hate all 3?

Lunch is a wonderful option (sit down in the midday heat in air conditioning and be waited on!) - and even at your resort, you need to have ressies.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
KTBYRD79 said:

ktbyrd79
23 days and counting

Keep trying, things do open up. Which places are you looking for?
With Food and Wine festival...you can have great dinners just from pick up food. Hopefully you can get some PS and try again at your hotel when you get there.

Upvote 0

KTBYRD79

Original Poster
I was wanting the 50's Prime Time and my daughter wants the Sci-Fi. I am going to check when I get down there again. We go at least once a year so if we miss it this time we can catch it next year.

Ktbyrd79
23 days and counting

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
KTBYRD79 said:
I was wanting the 50's Prime Time and my daughter wants the Sci-Fi. I am going to check when I get down there again. We go at least once a year so if we miss it this time we can catch it next year.

Ktbyrd79
23 days and counting

We usually do Sci Fi for lunch...possibly look at that
50's is one of our favorites also...I suggest keep trying, and also when you get to your hotel (they always hold back some from advanced res. - kind of like airline seats)

How long are you going to be there, and what are your dining preferences...we can offer a number of fun things to try that you may not have done before, or thought of...

Also, if you haven't already, check out:
http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm
for some good planning tools

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom