GMR & Fantasyland Rehabs??

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Hi all :wave:

A while back, there were some rumors about a possible major GMR rehab in 2011 and a Fantasyland rehab.
What is the latest on this?
Taking place or no?
Details?

Thanks!

jt04

When the economy tanked all projects were put in a holding pattern so nothing is definite and it appears everything is being reevaluated.

goodtimes5286

PLEASE fantasyland. I know there was something covering the front of "It's a Small World" two days ago, and there were also parts of main street covered.

imo IaSW needs to go and something needs to happen with pooh and peter pan, they're too alike. Fantasyland is one of the biggest areas of the park, and i think, one of the most poorly kept up. After the TL make over it's time to switch gears and make over FanL.

On a seperate note why did they add MTTF into tomorrowland and why not just make that part of FanL?

Mstr Gra-c

PLEASE fantasyland. I know there was something covering the front of "It's a Small World" two days ago, and there were also parts of main street covered.

imo IaSW needs to go and something needs to happen with pooh and peter pan, they're too alike. Fantasyland is one of the biggest areas of the park, and i think, one of the most poorly kept up. After the TL make over it's time to switch gears and make over FanL.

On a seperate note why did they add MTTF into tomorrowland and why not just make that part of FanL?

Great idea...remove one of the last vestiges of pure, creative entertainment from the park. Real great idea. :brick::brick::hammer:

The original rides...like peter pan and IASW and others are the last real link we have to a creative genius that we may never see again...but you know what...your'e right lets burn them down and put up the Hannah Montana's Crazy Mall Adventure Ride instead...good thinkin'.

:fork:

Captain Chaos

Great idea...remove one of the last vestiges of pure, creative entertainment from the park. Real great idea. :brick::brick::hammer:

The original rides...like peter pan and IASW and others are the last real link we have to a creative genius that we may never see again...but you know what...your'e right lets burn them down and put up the Hannah Montana's Crazy Mall Adventure Ride instead...good thinkin'.

:fork:

Shhhh you'll give those idiots in TDO ideas... Not like that haven't thought about this already... Imagine the gift shop they could build after the ride??? :p

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

I don't understand what you mean. MTTF isn't in TL, it's between TL and FL, with a path going to each.

WeLComeHomE OKW

I imagine the FantasyLand rehab will probably happen fairly soon.

But, don't count on GMR getting a refurb until after Star Tours 2 and Monsters Inc coaster opens up//I'm guessing that GMR will get a refurb right around the time Disney decides to take down the big hat and regain the rights to showcase the theatre as DHS' Weenie.

Maybe by DHS' 25 anniversary?

Sounds like good timing to me...

tirian

Refurbs for both FL and MTTF are being considered right now. The Insider's information was pretty spot-on, not to say that it'll all happen, because nothing is certain until it opens.

All of you people are crazy wanting to get rid of the clasic fantasyland attractions if you want present day then go to universal but if any of the classics in fantasyland close (pooh, small world, peterpan, mansion, snowhite, carisel, dumbo) Then i will seriousally do something. No matter how old I get everytime I go to magic kingdom I dont leave without going on all those rides.

I imagine the FantasyLand rehab will probably happen fairly soon.

But, don't count on GMR getting a refurb until after Star Tours 2 and Monsters Inc coaster opens up//I'm guessing that GMR will get a refurb right around the time Disney decides to take down the big hat and regain the rights to showcase the theatre as DHS' Weenie.

Maybe by DHS' 25 anniversary?

Sounds like good timing to me...

What monsters inc coaster details on this please I love monsters inc and this would be awesome

magicmaya

All of you people are crazy wanting to get rid of the clasic fantasyland attractions if you want present day then go to universal but if any of the classics in fantasyland close (pooh, small world, peterpan, mansion, snowhite, carisel, dumbo) Then i will seriousally do something. No matter how old I get everytime I go to magic kingdom I dont leave without going on all those rides.

I don't mean any harm but,

uh...pooh isn't classic.Did you know they just got rid of a classic and replaced it with pooh and that ride happened to be mr.toad.Pooh is a classic show but it is not a classic ride.Before you make a point calling people crazy think about the history of the ride.Some uni stuff is classic too, like twister!

Thanks
:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom