Glad I canceled POR

drp4video

and took the advice from those who responded in my post about whether to cancel or not. For those of you who did not see the post, I was to have left tomorrow for WDW, but mom called the middle of last week and told me dad, who has Alzeheimers, had only a short time left. Well, dad passed away this morning, so I am so glad I took everyones advice and canceled. Disney was great, as I was actually within the 5 days, but they credited my credit card account. She told me first I would have to rebook, but then she looked and saw how many times I have been there in the past 8 years, and told me to hold on, then came back and gave me the credit on my visa. We were going to the gulf too and that hotel credited my visa, and Spirit gave me a voucher. Now instead, I am leaving for Arizona tomorrow. Thanks again

ArielBelle

we are all sorry to hear about your loss...whether it's expected or not, it's never easy!

--thoughts are with your family and disney will forgive you!--

Upvote 0

bigkidz895

One never quite knows what to say at a time like this, except for I'm am truly sorry for your loss and I am glad that Disney worked things out for you. I hope that during this time of greif that you and your family are able to find peace.

God bless you and your family.
Romans 12:12

Upvote 0

Ivan72

I'm glad that the folks at Disney shined again, as they have so many times.

I'm very sorry for your loss. May the Lord strengthen and comfort you and your family during this difficult time.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

drp4video said:
and took the advice from those who responded in my post about whether to cancel or not. For those of you who did not see the post, I was to have left tomorrow for WDW, but mom called the middle of last week and told me dad, who has Alzeheimers, had only a short time left. Well, dad passed away this morning, so I am so glad I took everyones advice and canceled. Disney was great, as I was actually within the 5 days, but they credited my credit card account. She told me first I would have to rebook, but then she looked and saw how many times I have been there in the past 8 years, and told me to hold on, then came back and gave me the credit on my visa. We were going to the gulf too and that hotel credited my visa, and Spirit gave me a voucher. Now instead, I am leaving for Arizona tomorrow. Thanks again
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. I hope that happier days and many more Disney trips await!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Disney is very good about this. My mom had a seizure the day before we were due to leave on a weekend trip last year. They canceled our reservations and refunded our money without question.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

((HUGS))

Sorry to hear of your loss. Even though you knew it was coming, its still not easy. Be with your family, remember all the good times and when you are ready WDW will be there for you.

Upvote 0

justducky78

I'm so sorry about your dad...what a terrible time for you and your family :(

I'm glad Disney was willing to refund your $$. Disney will be there when you're ready.

Upvote 0

T-1MILLION

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I am thankfull that you did not have to be concerned with something as petty as a hotel situation. I am thankful for the fact that situation worked out for you.

:wave:

-Preston

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom