Give Me Your Best Disney Memes

DisneyManOne

12046860_820432101405740_7400144405009239362_n.jpg

"Who are you calling peasants? You got that dress because you starred in that terrible direct-to-video sequel."
"I didn't have a choice! Lord Eisner forced me to do it!"

P.S. What do I mean by "Lord Eisner"? Well, if we think of the Disney legacy as an actual kingdom, then Walt would be the king, then all the other CEOS would be lords or prime ministers or chancellors.

Therefore, Lord Eisner is basically the Margaret Thatcher of this Disney kingdom.

Cmdr_Crimson

"Who are you calling peasants? You got that dress because you starred in that terrible direct-to-video sequel."
"I didn't have a choice! Lord Eisner forced me to do it!"

P.S. What do I mean by "Lord Eisner"? Well, if we think of the Disney legacy as an actual kingdom, then Walt would be the king, then all the other CEOS would be lords or prime ministers or chancellors.

Therefore, Lord Eisner is basically the Margaret Thatcher of this Disney kingdom.

Well, Katzenburg full out said that Lord Farquad was resembeld to be Eisner.
tumblr_nbkmiheCJu1qz5q5lo1_500.jpg

rucifee

Hey, @rucifee, I think we get it: you hate Iger. But, lest ye forget, there was an even greater foe to the Disney legacy: the Devil Incarnate himself, Michael Eisner!

I don't hate him. Hating him would be petty, but I will make fun of him a bit. I have a feeling history will tell a different tale of Eisner once Iger's years are behind us.

Goofyernmost

I don't hate him. Hating him would be petty, but I will make fun of him a bit. I have a feeling history will tell a different tale of Eisner once Iger's years are behind us.
You don't have to wait for that. Agreed that Eisners last few years were awful, but, he did some really good things early on that really enabled the Disney Co. to be what it is today. He was not all bad until his ego probably got in the way.

Goofyernmost

I think Frank Wells's death had a lot to do with that...

That and Katzenberg's departure from the company.
Wells was a huge reason for the decline... Katzenberg although a smart fellow was not as much of a catalyst as one might think. Without Wells to bounce things off and keep him grounded he made a lot of wrong decisions possibly including putting the wheels in motion for Katzenberg's departure, that was pure ego.

Matt_Black

You don't have to wait for that. Agreed that Eisners last few years were awful, but, he did some really good things early on that really enabled the Disney Co. to be what it is today. He was not all bad until his ego probably got in the way.

And many things that Iger is given credit for were put in motion by Eisner. The good working relationship that allowed Disney to eventually purchase LucasFilm was started under Eisner's tenure, for instance.

10/6/2015 9:15 AM - Started reading this thread at work since we are slow in my office today.
10/6/2015 6:00 PM - Realized that i had spent all day on the same thread and was only at page 79.
10/7/2015 9:00 AM - LETS DO THIS!
10/7/2015 11:57 AM - Just finished every post to date and loved every second of it...I may have a problem...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom