Girl's feet severed on ride at Six Flags in Kentucky

majortom1981

hmm

I feel really bad for the park and the girl.

The new owners and management of the Six Flags parks was really trying to turn things around.

What other parks have this model drop tower?

wdwmomof3

Ohhh, I hate this for the girl that got hurt. I have been to this park but I don't remember this ride. It has been a few years since we lived in Lexington. We have gone to Sixflags over Georgia for years and they have something like it there, but I wont be riding it.

I hate those kind of rides. When I was younger I would ride them but not anymore. Give me Disney any day.

majortom1981

hmm

I just want to say before people start bashing six flags. ANY ride that involves a steel cable this could happen too.

Cables have snapped ast parks like cedar point also. Take EE for instance you never know if a freak accident where the switch track never switches and the car goes down backwards anyway.

So dont right away go bashing six flags.

sbkline

I feel really bad for the park and the girl.

The new owners and management of the Six Flags parks was really trying to turn things around.

What other parks have this model drop tower?

Six Flags in St Louis has the same ride by the same name. The one in Chicago has a ride like it, but a different name. I think this ride was at the Kentucky Six Flags the two times we went, but I don't think it was called Superman at the time.

That kind of ride doesn't thrill me much. It's along the lines of Dr Doom's Fearfall at IofA. They talked that ride up alot, but when I got on it, I thought it totally sucked and wasn't worth the hoopla everyone was giving it.

maelstrom

Reason #32854672305 that I don't go to Six Flags parks. I do not like Six Flags parks and I will continue having those feelings, thanks.

I feel so bad for this poor girl. What probably started out as a fun day with her friends ended with her having no feet. I hope they will at least be able to be reattached.

sbkline

I just want to say before people start bashing six flags. ANY ride that involves a steel cable this could happen too.

Cables have snapped ast parks like cedar point also. Take EE for instance you never know if a freak accident where the switch track never switches and the car goes down backwards anyway.

I find it ironic that if something bad happens at Disney and gets reported, everyone here jumps on the "evil" media for having the gall to report the facts, and they accuse the media of being out to get Disney. Yet if something happens at Six Flags and it gets reported, someone has to express concern that others here are going to bash Six Flags instead of the media. :lol:

Personally, I am bashing no one for this. IMO, it's just a freak accident that could happen anywhere. Six Flags does regular maintenance and safety checks on their rides and millions of people visit the parks each year without incident. Flukes happen and this was one of them.

But still, I can't help wonder how many of the people who jump all over the media for reporting an incident at WDW will now turn around and jump all over Six Flags for this. Kind of a double standard, methinks.

majortom1981

Reason #32854672305 that I don't go to Six Flags parks. I do not like Six Flags parks and I will continue having those feelings, thanks.

I feel so bad for this poor girl. What probably started out as a fun day with her friends ended with her having no feet. I hope they will at least be able to be reattached.

So you are blindly blaming the park when you dont know exactly what happened. So if you go by your reasoning you shouldnt be going to disney either because of the people who died on their rides right? (since you obviously like to blame things on people before the whole story is known)

Champion

So you are blindly blaming the park when you dont know exactly what happened. So if you go by your reasoning you shouldnt be going to disney either because of the people who died on their rides right? (since you obviously like to blame things on people before the whole story is known)

A ride failure happened, that is the fault of the park. Period.

Unless you are trying to say that the girl did it on purpose. In which case ... wow.

Yes, it could. But it happened to THIS ride, so this is the one we are discussing.

Thats not possible. The ride system prevents it completely. Even multiple failures directly in that area of the ride would not cause it.

I agree. Blame Disney, they must have been responsible for this.

majortom1981

A ride failure happened, that is the fault of the park. Period.

Unless you are trying to say that the girl did it on purpose. In which case ... wow.

Yeah So no blame goes to intamin right?

Ok so all the heart attacks that have happened at disney parks are Disney's fault right?

There is only so much you can examine a cable . Unless the park has an x-ray machine to examine the inside section of the cable.

Stop being a hypocrite. You have done nothing but bash me champion and I am tired of it.

Also How about I list all the accidents that have happened at disneys parks? Since you seem so fond of blaming this on the park and not the company who manufactured the ride.

I might not know the disney company but I do know about amusement rides.

tell me how six flags could have prevented this if they inspected the cable and the cable showed no outward signs of snapping?

Champion

Yeah So no blame goes to intamin right?

Ok so all the heart attacks that have happened at disney parks are Disney's fault right?

There is only so much you can examine a cable . Unless the park has an x-ray machine to examine the inside section of the cable.

Stop being a hypocrite. You have done nothing but bash me champion and I am tired of it.

Also How about I list all the accidents that have happened at disneys parks? Since you seem so fond of blaming this on the park and not the company who manufactured the ride.

Yes, once the ride is completed and given over to the park, it is the responsibility of the park to maintain and operate. Not the designer of the attraction.

I fail to see how heart attacks have ANYTHING to do with a ride failure.

Regardless of WHY the cable failed, it is the fault of the park. The ride was installed 12 years ago, meaning it was in working order after the designer installed it.

I don't see how I'm a hypocrite for blaming the responsible party for something.

There is a HUGE difference between someone dying from a heart attack and someone being injured by the ride itself. Disney has had its share of deaths and injuries, yes, but EXTREMELY few of them have been due to a ride failure.

tell me how six flags could have prevented this if they inspected the cable and the cable showed no outward signs of snapping?

You're correct, its possible they couldn't. Its possible they inspected it fully, and no mistakes were made.

However, that doesn't make it any less their fault. They are still responsible for a ride failure in their park. I don't see how you can think its any other way. For instance. If your dimwitted roommate leaves a lit cigarette in a trashcan and burns down your house, is it Marlboro's fault?

majortom1981

Yes, once the ride is completed and given over to the park, it is the responsibility of the park to maintain and operate. Not the designer of the attraction.

I fail to see how heart attacks have ANYTHING to do with a ride failure.

Regardless of WHY the cable failed, it is the fault of the park. The ride was installed 12 years ago, meaning it was in working order after the designer installed it.

I don't see how I'm a hypocrite for blaming the responsible party for something.

There is a HUGE difference between someone dying from a heart attack and someone being injured by the ride itself. Disney has had its share of deaths and injuries, yes, but EXTREMELY few of them have been due to a ride failure.

IF there is a design failure in the ride then it WOULD BE the manufacturers problem. Like what happened to Kingda KA at great adventure. The bolt holding one of the covers to the launch track was designed improperly and thats what caused the accident. Cedar point had to change this bold on ttd.

Also if I go by your logic then manufacturers recalls shouldnt exist right?

You did not explain to me how six flags could have prevented this if they inspected the cable and it showed no outward signs of frays or snapping?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom