Gift Card Update

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I know some people have had questions about this and we've talked about it some here. DCL is now accepting Disney gift cards in the gift shops.

You could always apply gift cards to your onboard account, but it was a bit of a hassle if you didn't spend the entire amount. Now you can use the gift cards themselves in the shops if that makes it easier for you.:)

sweetpee_1993

:kiss:

This is great news! It'll certainly make 1 less stop for us. We'll be able to give the boys their souvenir funds on gift cards and be done with it!

mickeysshoes

That is awesome news!!! We do the same thing...Get each DD a gift card and tell them that is all they get unless its their own money.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster

ChuckElias

Ok, here's how sick I am. My first thought is to wonder whether they will offer gift cards for purchase on the ship with a DCL logo on it. Load up the gift card for your kid, AND take home a souvenir.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Ok, here's how sick I am. My first thought is to wonder whether they will offer gift cards for purchase on the ship with a DCL logo on it. Load up the gift card for your kid, AND take home a souvenir.

That would be excellent for scrapbooking.:D

stmize

I know some people have had questions about this and we've talked about it some here. DCL is now accepting Disney gift cards in the gift shops.

You could always apply gift cards to your onboard account, but it was a bit of a hassle if you didn't spend the entire amount. Now you can use the gift cards themselves in the shops if that makes it easier for you.:)

Can this be gift cards purchased at say Walgreen's, Sam's, etc or do they have to be purchased thru DCL in order to be used our cruise. I would much rather do this than adding a credit card to our on board acct. That way when the money's gone. I'm thru shopping. (or at least that's what my hubby says).

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Can this be gift cards purchased at say Walgreen's, Sam's, etc or do they have to be purchased thru DCL in order to be used our cruise. I would much rather do this than adding a credit card to our on board acct. That way when the money's gone. I'm thru shopping. (or at least that's what my hubby says).

This works with Disney gift cards. Not Disney Store gift cards as there is a difference these days.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom