Gideon's Bakehouse coming to Disney Springs

Epcot82Guy

The space looks wonderful. I'm a Gideon's fan, and it will be nice to have this option in addition to the East End Market location. Thumbs up.

halltd

As someone who has worked in food, mainly bakeries, for over 30 years, this "decor" is horrifying. Dust and flour is going to get everywhere and it's going to be impossible to keep properly clean. What a nightmare for those employees.
I was thinking the same thing. But, I'm not familiar with this brand. Do they actually cook/prepare front of house? Or is the front of house purely for display?

Besides that, it looks AMAZING!!! Looks like it could have opened with the relaunch of Springs. Great attention to detail and theming!

Also, what used to be in this location? Anything? - EDIT: Found it in the thread. Edwin Pearl and Off the Cuff if anyone else is curious. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I was thinking the same thing. But, I'm not familiar with this brand. Do they actually cook/prepare front of house? Or is the front of house purely for display?

Besides that, it looks AMAZING!!! Looks like it could have opened with the relaunch of Springs. Great attention to detail and theming!

Also, what used to be in this location? Anything? - EDIT: Found it in the thread. Edwin Pearl and Off the Cuff if anyone else is curious. :)
Front of house is display and service only.

fngoofy

This looks awesome! Would fit right in on Diagon Alley.
I was just going to ask if they got confused on which location they were building in.

IMHO it looks creepy. I know creepy bakery is going to look creepy, I just don't get why the bakery needs to be creepy... creepy.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I was just going to ask if they got confused on which location they were building in.

IMHO it looks creepy. I know creepy bakery is going to look creepy, I just don't get why the bakery needs to be creepy... creepy.
I think it adds so much character to the product. There is some serious passion from the team behind this that goes through the product all the way through to the experience - it is great to see! Richly detailed environments are what the Disney experience is all about, and I think this is one that everyone, young and old, will enjoy.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Love that interior; wish more of Disney Springs was like that.

Still think the cookies (at least the chocolate chip ones) look bad, though.

Giss Neric

If you've been wanting to go to New York and try the famous Levain Bakery cookies, this is the closest thing you will get, size and taste wise. Gideon's has more variety though.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Wow, extremely impressive interior design on this one.

Gideons-Bakehouse-_Full_40391.jpg
I want to live there. 😍

ToTBellHop

If you've been wanting to go to New York and try the famous Levain Bakery cookies, this is the closest thing you will get, size and taste wise. Gideon's has more variety though.
They have nothing on Levain...although this looks nicer lol. Levain is a hole in the wall, like all the best places in New York. It‘ll be my first stop after vaccine 2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom