Gideon's Bakehouse coming to Disney Springs

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
This is the holiday Cookie Vom Krampus

Gideons-Bakehouse-_Full_40410.jpg
Looks more fudge-ish than cookie, but yummy none the less.

UNCgolf

Looks more fudge-ish than cookie, but yummy none the less.

That's my feeling about all the cookies I've seen.

Some of them are probably delicious, but none of them really look like cookies. They look like cakes and other things. What they're calling a chocolate chip cookie is likely great for what it is, but it looks awful in terms of what I want from a chocolate chip cookie.

jaklgreen

Some of them are probably delicious, but none of them really look like cookies. They look like cakes and other things. What they're calling a chocolate chip cookie is likely great for what it is, but it looks awful in terms of what I want from a chocolate chip cookie.

To me, a perfect chocolate chip cookie is nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. And not too many chips to wear it just tastes like you are eating chocolate. I like the taste of the actual cookie.

Giss Neric

The triple chocolate tastes like brownies to me so I get the cake like description but the chocolate chip to me is still cookie like. What I like about it is you can taste the salt which complements the chocolate. So yeah most still are cookies but some tend to lean towards cakey.

UNCgolf

To me, a perfect chocolate chip cookie is nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. And not too many chips to wear it just tastes like you are eating chocolate. I like the taste of the actual cookie.

Same. The chocolate chips should be relatively sparse and act as a compliment to the flavor of the cookie. Otherwise you may as well just eat a chocolate bar.

jaklgreen

Having been a part of the opening of several bakeries, they are most likely going over how their soft opening went and finishing up the last minute things that need to be done to be able to open for "good". There are always things that you learn in the first couple of weeks.

Gaston's gal

I am so glad we got in on Thursday. We had the original Chocolate Chip and Cookies & Cream cookies along with their Red Velvet cake and a couple of their Cold Brews. May have been a long wait, but well worth it!

Lilofan

They posted that this was a soft opening and to stay tuned for their grand opening.
To close abruptly with no reason is bad PR. An incident likely happened to shut the operation down completely. WDW would never approve of a soft opening ( and closing ) like this.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Is there a possibility that it is exactly what they are saying it is? The risk of Covid is everywhere, not just within the doors of a bakery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom