Getting wet on POTC..

jonnyc

Original Poster
Last time i went to WDW back in 2006, we went on POTC to see the new changes, and of course it was ridcuolously busy. We got into the boat, and it was clearly filled to the max. I was in the left corner in the front of the boat.

We came down the drop, and to my amazement i got wet, we exited the ride and the only wet person was me. I have rode this ride many times and never got wet. I'm not moaning about getting wet :lookaroun:p, just curious if anyone else has.

So my topic for discussion is:

Has anyone else ever got wet on POTC?

Uponastar

Last time i went to WDW back in 2006, we went on POTC to see the new changes, and of course it was ridcuolously busy. We got into the boat, and it was clearly filled to the max. I was in the left corner in the front of the boat.

We came down the drop, and to my amazement i got wet, we exited the ride and the only wet person was me. I have rode this ride many times and never got wet. I'm not moaning about getting wet :lookaroun:p, just curious if anyone else has.

So my topic for discussion is:

Has anyone else ever got wet on POTC?

I've gotten a little bit wet, but never on the drop.
I've been hit by the splashes in the battle scene, nothing big though.

No I havent, but I have never gotten that seat. Did you get soaked, or just a little splash? I remember reading that they purposely designed the ride to not get people wet

Splash mountain is another story. That front seat just guarantees getting soaked i think

daverube

Maybe you were a little scared of the pirates and the wetness didn't actually come from the ride??? :p

J/K...I've felt spray when on PotC, but that's about it....

MattyFresh

No I never got that excited about the refurb :ROFLOL:

Now I did notice when I rode during MNSSHP I felt bursts of air across my face in the battle scene but it didn't happen the other times I rode. Is this something that just happens occasionally?

RiversideBunny

Have you ever stood on the bridge over Kali River Rapids and pushed the buttons that squirt the riders with the elephant statues?

You feel so guilty and have so much fun.

:):)

darthjohnny

One time I rode Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland and the boat was pretty packed and when we went down the drop we got really wet (more so than I have ever in WDW). On top of that the floor already had some water in it (to this day, I think that that boat had a hole in it and was leaking).

k.hunter30

We always request the frnt for PotC, and I'd say the majority of the time I get a little splashed. :shrug: Not mush at all, just some water on my leg or on the seat.

jsfra209

I have gotten a little splash here and there. sometimes on the drop, othertimes in the battle scene. Nothing major though...just a few drips :shrug:

jonnyc

Original Poster
......Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc
We came down the drop, and to my amazement i got wet

......thats what she said? :zipit:

Haha

I was pretty soaked aswell, not to a Splash Mountain standard, but significantly, in answer to another question

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom