Getting sloppy and STILL using holiday cups, plates, etc?

jen2009

I haven't been lucky enough to go to Disney at Christmas time. I teach and have so few days off over the holidays. I wouldn't mind getting holiday cups to take home. One day I will actually make it there and get them during the holidays. Someday...........

Captain Hank

Somewhat related: as of yesterday, the MK express monorail was still talking about the Year of a Million Dreams. The narration was shortened, though, and didn't actually go into the part about getting prizes. Most, if not all, of the YOAMD signage appears to be gone, though.

TakeMeThere81

The holiday plate and napkins are part of the new celebration. What will you celebrate? Your birthday? Anniversary? Christmas? Halloween? All makes sense!!!!

Haha, great point!! While we were there I actually noticed holiday napkins but it's not a big deal to me. At DHS I also noticed there were tons of lights still up so I asked a CM hoping I'd get to peek at the OSoL if they were still showing it. The CM said that they started putting them up in August, and there are millions of lights so it takes a while to get them down.

We got YOAMD merchandise bags, but I noticed others getting new Celebrate ones! I figure they use stuff up before they bring the new out. Good for them for not wasting it!

shmmrname

Pathetic part is that with the next breath they probably complain about rampant consummerism and how it is "destroying the planet".:rolleyes:

When Disney uses stuff up rather than throwing it away they are unhappy. When they use fewer inks in the napkins they are equally as unhappy. When they lower the temperature in the pools they complain. Bit hypocritical of them I'd say.

Completely Agree.
Environmental and Economic Benefits vs. Perceived 'Sloppy'-ness
In this small instance, it's nice to see a bigger-corporation doing what is right, at least in my opinion.

kimmychad

I just returned from WDW and found it kind of strange that holiday popcorn buckets, plates, and cups were still being used....I know January is not over yet, but I would have expected them to be gone. Is this a general trend toward sloppiness, thriftiness, or part of a "green" agenda in the parks? I am all about recycling, but is Disney's dedication to detail slipping?

I also saw a lot of "Year of A Million Dreams" signs still up, but some with the new theme scattered about in merch and other things. What gives?

seems like the op was asking some questions. he/she didn't know if it was to save money (like they're obviously doing) being sloppy (which isn't really disney), or part of a "green agenda". and for asking a couple questions and sharing his opinion he gets countless insults. :sohappy::sohappy:

cymbaldiva

seems like the op was asking some questions. he'she didn't know if it was to save money (like they're obviously doing) being sloppy (which isn't really disney), or part of a "green agenda". and for asking a couple questions and sharing his opinion he get's 3 (and counting) pages of insults. :sohappy::sohappy:

Actually the OP planted the seed for a fairly decent debate. I'm glad the topic has been addressed.

My take ... Disney made a pretty large mistake (or 2). The powers that be knew they were rolling out another promotion; why on earth weren't they prepared? They aired commercials to bring people in; pretty tacky to not have the parks prepared... :rolleyes:

Secondly, why have Halloween or Christmas themed paper goods anyway? That's not practical at all... it's sloppy if all are not used in a timely manner, yet not enviromentally friendly/wasteful to dispose of the overages. :shrug:

I'm about sick to death of promotions :( - anyone miss regular WDW?

jt04

Actually the OP planted the seed for a fairly decent debate. I'm glad the topic has been addressed.

My take ... Disney made a pretty large mistake (or 2). The powers that be knew they were rolling out another promotion; why on earth weren't they prepared? They aired commercials to bring people in; pretty tacky to not have the parks prepared... :rolleyes:

Secondly, why have Halloween or Christmas themed paper goods anyway? That's not practical at all... it's sloppy if all are not used in a timely manner, yet not enviromentally friendly/wasteful to dispose of the overages. :shrug:

I'm about sick to death of promotions :( - anyone miss regular WDW?

To answer your last question. YES!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom