Getting sloppy and STILL using holiday cups, plates, etc?

mattfz

Original Poster
I just returned from WDW and found it kind of strange that holiday popcorn buckets, plates, and cups were still being used....I know January is not over yet, but I would have expected them to be gone. Is this a general trend toward sloppiness, thriftiness, or part of a "green" agenda in the parks? I am all about recycling, but is Disney's dedication to detail slipping?

I also saw a lot of "Year of A Million Dreams" signs still up, but some with the new theme scattered about in merch and other things. What gives?

Iknewagirlnamed

Probably trying to get rid of their stock. Then they will roll out the new stuff. I understand them doing that considering the stuff probably had "Holiday 2008" slogans on it.

disney4life2008

I was there until the 15th of January... and holiday napkins, cups, plates were still being used up until the day we left. I was even more shocked that holiday merchandise was being sold for the full price at the parks and resorts. But like the other poster, I guess they were getting rid of stock.

mattfz

Original Poster
Yeah, I think it is kinda sloppy though. I am a recycler, but you would think they could save them for next year.

I couldnt tell what the theme was for this year with all the Year of a Million Dreams stuff still up!!!

Rob562

Perhaps their shipments of "What Will You Celebrate?" cups and plates are late, and it's either holiday plates or "Year of a Million Dreams" plates...

-Rob

trondannyboy

Yeah, I think it is kinda sloppy though. I am a recycler, but you would think they could save them for next year.

I couldnt tell what the theme was for this year with all the Year of a Million Dreams stuff still up!!!

Disney is just waiting for Mouse Surplus to come pick them up :-D. I have some of the old Popcorn buckets I grabbed from them last year.

nemofinder22

I dont think the Holiday cups, napkins, or plates have any dates on them just Disney Parks. They should really just put in all of it in the CM breakrooms and give guests a generic WDW ones rather than Holiday/YOAMD stuff until the What Will You Celebrate ones come it. There are the WWYC napkins in though.

KeithVH

They're probably waiting for us to resolve the Great Napkin Debate on the other thread before they commit to using the new stuff. . .

IROC it

I wouldn't care if they had holiday napkins in July.

Goodness, some people will complain about anything. Why not just enjoy the park?:shrug:

jt04

I wouldn't care if they had holiday napkins in July.

Goodness, some people will complain about anything. Why not just enjoy the park?:shrug:

Pathetic part is that with the next breath they probably complain about rampant consummerism and how it is "destroying the planet".:rolleyes:

When Disney uses stuff up rather than throwing it away they are unhappy. When they use fewer inks in the napkins they are equally as unhappy. When they lower the temperature in the pools they complain. Bit hypocritical of them I'd say.

IROC it

Bit hypocritical of them I'd say.

Yap.;)

I guess I'm old school... I just enjoy the simplicity of doing as much as possible while I'm there, so much so that I don't have to time to gripe over ink or napkins or cups.

But, I guess the board is the place for this...

Or maybe they should go complain to guest services in person if they really feel so put off by the "sloppiness."

TheDisneyMagic

I would assume it is just a matter of getting rid of old stock before rolling out the new, two years ago when the Year of a Million Dreams first begun, it was a good three months in to the campaign before every where on the resort had the new bags as they were getting rid of the yellow and back HCOE stock.

As for the banners still up around the parks, this should have been taken care of much faster in my opinion.

Susan Savia

I also noticed all the Year of a Million Dreams signs up in all the parks as well as the promo ad on tv (Stacy, whom we find very annoying) was still showing the info about the Dreams Disney is granting, er... was... I figured their trying to use up the plates, napkins, cups etc.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If you had gone to WDW during the holiday season, like Disney had planned on you doing, then they wouldn't have all these excess plates.

It's all your fault! :lookaroun :wave:

petersenjp

I know when we left the 12th, they were still selling all their holiday merchandice. Also, when do they normally take down the lights at MGM?

We were staying at POR and the music being played along the walk ways was christmas music, on the 11th of January! I assumed they were just trying to keep that spirit for the marathon, but still. Christmas music?

devoy1701

This past Monday at the coffee shop outside of Spoodles they were letting you choose between Christmas themed Napkins and Halloween themed napkins.... :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom