Getting off a ride in the middle

RobFL

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Seano846

So now there are 1,000 instead of 999? and there is no more room?

That's why the hat box ghost in the attic was removed. His lease was up anyways.

-Rob

HMGhost13

Originally posted by RobFL

That's why the hat box ghost in the attic was removed. His lease was up anyways.

-Rob

:lol: that's a good one! no wonder he was no where around when they called me to get rid of him...

Steveo83

Original Poster
Wow some very interesting behind the scenes info like the net in the Haunted Mansion.

Any more secret things that us guests don't know about!

Also are you serious about walking through the water!

That'd be crazy lol

DDPGambit

So, the water in Pirates, Small World and Malestrom is only ankle to knee deep? Jeez, it look so much deeper. Then again i've never actually looked at the water long enough to make any sort of aproximation on the depth :lol:

RobFL

Account Suspended
In the boat channel itself, it's at its deepest, but around the channel it's only a few feet and then darkly colored ground. Its easiest to see in IASW and El Rio Del Tiempo.

-Rob

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
You can ususally tell how deep it is on IASW b/c retarded people throw coins in the water all over the place. That can't be good for the people who have to clean up the water and the ride. ;)

I didn't realize the HM seance room was that deep! :eek:
Note to self: of ALL the places to jump off at if I ever feel the urge, do NOT make it the seance room! :lol:

meanmice

ok, stupid question, but what's ISAW? It will probably come to me as soon as I post this, but for the life of me, at this moment, i can't figure it out.

buckylarue

We were on a sneak preview of DL's Splash Mountain about a month before the official opening, and got stopped and evac'd near the top of the mountain, after the first couple of scenes. What really impressed me was that the Imagineers had taken the time and trouble to theme the paths to the emergency exit with things like animal footprints etc., even though they could NEVER be seen from inside a ride vehicle due to the viewing angles. Once through the door, it was like being in a big, oddly-shaped industrial building, but while in the 'show area', the theming never quit...

GGG1

We got stuck on splash mountain right before you tumble down to the "laughing place". Our boat was literally the next one to go down when it shut down. We sat there for a solid 30 minutes when they had to let everyone out. There are emergency exits all over the ride and it is like a big building undrneath all of the theming. Pretty cool experience......

mbro2002

Originally posted by ukcoasterfreak
When you get of Dinosaur that must be pretty scary having to walk past all the dinosaurs but it probably looks funny in the lights.

There are some pics taken of Dinosaur with the lights on in the main site. Go to the Dinosaur section, then Backstage photos.

With the lights on, they aren't really that scary. Especially when you see that what is visible in the show is literally all there is.

Steveo83

Original Poster
yea that was about the coolest thing when they showed that on the travel channel.
The indiana jones ride which is the same ride system as dinosaur moving along the flat track bouncing everywhere!

Worldphile

Originally posted by RobFL

The water is only about ankle to knee depth. Sometimes, if a boat can't be pushed, pulled, or dragged to the next location they will make people walk out through it. Disney buys everyone new shoes, socks, and pants.

-Rob

I think I'd be hitting them up for a tetanus booster and everything else. That water looks kinda nasty in some of those rides. :hurl:

Jonº0º

Originally posted by Worldphile

I think I'd be hitting them up for a tetanus booster and everything else. That water looks kinda nasty in some of those rides. :hurl:

The water in all of Disney World is very unhealthy. Last April my 2yo daughter dropped a (brand new) plush Mini into the lake by MGM while waiting for the boat to take us back to Boardwalk. The boat pulled up about two minutes after but the CM would not retrive it from the lake. He said that the water is so polluted that I would not want the toy back. He said that with all the fireworks (sulfur) from Epcot the whole water supply is contaminated. Everynight some water is pumped out and treated, then put back into the lake.
The CM (Ken) then took me to Epcot on a small (fast) boat and docked by England. We went to a large store in the middle of Epcot (dont remember the name) and found the same toy. He then too me back to BW and apologized to my family for not being there to stop the toy from going overboard. (very nice...)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
So Rob -
When they buy you socks, shoes, etc... is it Disney merchandise?? Or do they care generic cheap stuff if in the event something like that happens frequently?
:drevil:

Thanks! :D

ukcoasterfreak

I know this probably sounds awful but I really would appreciate Disney buying me new stuff but I hope they would buy what you had because its not really your fault if you have to walk off Splash Moutain in your brand new pair of Vans or DCs or whatever shoes that you may have bought as a holiday present for yourself and Vans and other designer stuff isn't cheap last rime I checked!!!!! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom