Getting autographs as an adult

iKat

Original Poster
DH and I go to Disney waaay too much (almost weekly), and are starting to get into things like pin trading that we haven't done before.

We were thinking of starting to get into getting autographs from characters, but is that weird for a couple in their 20's without kids? :shrug:

Erin_Akey

Disney is about getting away from the real world and having fun and being a kid for a few days.

I say do whatever makes you happy! If you want to get autographs and take your picture with the characters, GO FOR IT!!!:D

yensid67

My DH says its not weird for you both to stand in line for autographs! If it makes you happy and you want to do it, do not worry what others think and JUST DO IT!
Just like the #2 said that its an escape from the real world and being a kid again!

yensid67

:wave:
Disney is about getting away from the real world and having fun and being a kid for a few days.

I say do whatever makes you happy! If you want to get autographs and take your picture with the characters, GO FOR IT!!!:D

YOU SAID IT ERIN! (ipromise I will send you those pictures!LOL)

Will
:wave: from PA!

plutoismyhero

im 22 and i get pictures by my self with character i sometimes even make my family get out of the pictures...lol cause im trying to collect pics with me and the different characters individually. In short there is nothing wrong with you doin this.

captain marvel1

im 26 going on 27 i do it all the time, ask any disney cast member if they have seen me. im the only single adult no kids that waits 45 min in line for the princesses.

glee

I wouldn't do it but im sure they have seen it all at disney. If your embarrassed say its for your kid or niece etc. :lol::):p

MagicMegan

I don't think it's weird. My friend came to the last MNSSHP with me in Oct and we got pics with every character. Some parents gave us wierd looks, but I've gotten past caring what people think until they say something to me.

PS - I was 24-turning 25 in 2 days and she was 24 also.

djpoore94

Not weird at all. We went in December with my 30 something year old cousin and his wife (no kids at all) and they did all of the meet & greets they could. They had their pictures taken and even bought the autograph books & pens for the autographs! I say if it's what you want to do and it makes you happy, go for it!

Future Guy

One of the first things my wife bought during our week at WDW in January was an autograph book, and we did all the meet-and-greets. She used the autographs for her Disney scrapbook.

heartodisney

Heck, I am almost 50 and I LOVE getting pics and autographs! Our next trip my DD will be doing most of this while I roll the video! Go for it!

Matt and Kelly

Well said, Erin! That's exactly the way I view going to Disney parks. While I may not have an autograph book (yet), my wife and I always stand in line for pics with Characters.

Courtney1188

Depends on who you ask...I personally would feel weird doing it. But then again, I've done the College Program, so once you've seen the characters not fully dressed, it's just never quite the same.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We are in our 40s with no kids, and stand in line for pictures with the characters. Sometimes we get funny looks, like why are we taking up valuable character time that could be spent with someone's child, but I don't care, I like to have my picture with the characters. In fact, my trip is not considered "official" until I get my picture with Tigger.

We don't do autographs, but if you want to do it, who's to say anything? ;) You're at WDW, and that's why they sell autograph books!

As a scrapbooker, I have to say I like the idea of using the signatures in a scrapbook, as Future Guy says his wife does.

DizneyPryncess

I always wait for pictures with characters, it's one of my favorite things to do in Disney! My husband waits with me, and we're 28. I've never done autographs but I see adults in line getting them all the time. I don't think anyone would even think twice about it. I say go for it!

WDW-Crazy

Hit a goldmine on our last trip in 2007. I have tons of pics with the characters and I. In fact, I met every Disney Princess during our last trip, with the exception of Snow White. I even started collecting autographs as well.

I'm 26 and I still enjoy meeting the characters. They're just as fun as meeting celebreties! In fact, they ARE celebreties because we enjoy watching them in the films, animated movies, and shorts that alot of us have! I plan on catching more (including the fairies) on our next trip this Sept!

joanna71985

DH and I go to Disney waaay too much (almost weekly), and are starting to get into things like pin trading that we haven't done before.

We were thinking of starting to get into getting autographs from characters, but is that weird for a couple in their 20's without kids? :shrug:

Not at all! I'm 24, and I love meeting the characters (it's my favorite thing to do at Disney). Since 2005, I've met over 200 different characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom