Get rid of McDonald's in the Parks

ganny

Original Poster
I apologize if this topic has run it's course before, and I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way, but I don't know if there is anything I hate about going to WDW other than seeing McDonald's fry stands.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
ganny said:
I apologize if this topic has run it's course before, and I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way, but I don't know if there is anything I hate about going to WDW other than seeing McDonald's fry stands.
Why?

Android-XS

ganny said:

Agreed!!

ganny

Original Poster
Not that I work at Mcdonald's, and I don't look down on anyone who does, but when I get to WDW, I don't want to be reminded of anything back home. I go there enough for my kid, which usually includes a trip to dang Wal-Mart, or some other errands I have to make.

MickeyTigg

ganny said:
Not that I work at Mcdonald's, and I don't look down on anyone who does, but when I get to WDW, I don't want to be reminded of anything back home. I go there enough for my kid, which usually includes a trip to dang Wal-Mart, or some other errands I have to make.

Then, I gather you don't drink Coke at home or eat Edy's Ice Cream or use Kodak film, or....

:lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If you want to get rid of all vestiges of Corporate America, you will be pretty hard pressed to find anything to do, eat or see.

Matter-of-fact, you would have to get rid of WDW itself !

Android-XS

ganny said:
I feel the same way. If I wanted Mc'Donalds, I would go there! The MK and AK could use the real-estate for some other food stands, character greetings, those nice foot messagers they have in Fort Wilderness, or anything else but Mc'Donalds fries! They are just soo out of place in the theme parks. No other fast food vendors are in any of the parks, why Mc'Donalds nasty, greasy fries?

Connor002

Android-XS said:
No other fast food vendors are in any of the parks, why Mc'Donalds nasty, greasy fries?

McDonald's fries is one of the (if not the) most recognizable "foods" on earth.

I don't care for McDonald's, but you can't argue popularity like that...

ganny

Original Poster
TiggerRPh said:
Then, I gather you don't drink Coke at home or eat Edy's Ice Cream or use Kodak film, or....

:lookaroun

I knew someone was going to pull this one. Point taken. But I think coke is a little different. Yeah, you could have Pepsi, RC Cola, or what the heck, even Sam's Choice, but I would think, most people would order coke, get pepsi, and not know the difference. As far as film, almost the same thing. Is there that big a difference from Fuji, or any other film company. Fast Food is much more highly competetive, and the choices are much more broad. Coke, and Kodak, don't make me think of home, McDonald's does.

Android-XS

Connor002 said:
McDonald's fries is one of the (if not the) most recognizable "foods" on earth.

I don't care for McDonald's, but you can't argue popularity like that...
Your right that I can't argue w/ the popularity of Mc'Donalds fries, but I can argue w/ the distribution of them in the parks. I know the old saying "different strokes for different folks", but when I see people in line to get Mc'Donalds greasy fries on a hot day before the 3pm parade, it makes me a little nauseous. If they go right around the corner they could be enjoying a Mickey bar, turkey leg, dole whip, churro and much more. Why, why why, Mc'Donalds fries? I do not know the legalities of it, but I assume Disney and Mc'Donalds share profits on the fries? Why would Disney not want to put in their own kiosk and make sole profits for Disney?

browniebee

I don't mind having McDs at the parks as long as they don't stick out like a sore thumb. I personally enjoy the fries. I restrict myself to only eating McDonalds very rarely because otherwise to me it's just gross. I don't particularly care for Disney food too much and therefore it's good like once a trip to have McDs fries at the parks instead of Disney food.

Obesity is getting ridiculous in America but it's not the fast food places who are at fault. People have to take responsibility for their own actions including what they eat. At Disney parks there are enough food choices that they're not stuffing McDonalds down your throat, so I don't see a problem with just having a McDonalds stand there.

I wouldn't want to see any McDs in the resorts because then there aren't enough healthy alternatives and it would ruin the magic of the resorts. I understand how having McDs at Disney brings you back home, but I'm not offended by it because they conceal it enough in the parks (except Downtown Disney) that it keeps me in Disney.

In the hot, humid weather at Disney, McD's is pretty gross, :hurl: , but the public still enjoys fast food, and Disney aims to please the guests. I don't think there should be an overabundance of McDonalds but at least the option to have it.

Connor002

Android-XS said:
Your right that I can't argue w/ the popularity of Mc'Donalds fries, but I can argue w/ the distribution of them in the parks. I know the old saying "different strokes for different folks", but when I se people in line to get Mc'Donalds greasy fries on a hot day before the 3pm parade, it makes me a little nauseous.
Then look away...
Android-XS said:
If they go right around the corner they could be enjoying a Mickey bar, turkey leg, dole whip, churro and much more.
Why?
If they want fries, they can get fries.
It's their choice, not yours.
Android-XS said:
Why, why why, Mc'Donalds fries?
Some people like them.
In fact... a whole lot of people like them.
Android-XS said:
I do not know the legalities of it, but I assume Disney and Mc'Donalds share profits on the fries? Why would Disney not want to put in their own kiosk and make sole profits for Disney?
Disney cannot recreate the McDonald's fry... having them in the park is a huge asset... brand reconition... I'd be willing to bet that alone makes for more profit than if Disney ousted the McCrap.

ganny

Original Poster
browniebee said:
it would ruin the magic of the resorts.
Well then let's put up Pizza Hut, Wendy's, KFC, Taco Bell, Hardee's, Starbucks, Outback, Applebees, Captain D's, Long John Silvers, Quiznos, Subway, Sonic, Burger King, or Dominos Pizza. As far as ruining the magic of the resorts, I would think you need to protect the magic of the parks first.

Android-XS

Connor002 said:
Then look away...
Why?
If they want fries, they can get fries.
It's their choice, not yours.
I am not claming it is my choice. I am simply making points why I think the McDonalds fries should not be in the parks.

Connor002 said:
Some people like them.
In fact... a whole lot of people like them.
Yes they do.

Connor002 said:
Disney cannot recreate the McDonald's fry... having them in the park is a huge asset... brand reconition... I'd be willing to bet that alone makes for more profit than if Disney ousted the McCrap.
Well, we both will probably never know if that is true or not, but if Disney having McDonalds fries is a "huge asset"... lord help us.

ganny

Original Poster
unkadug said:
Hey connor - hows it go?

"It's their park, they can do what they want to do."

I am well aware, but is it really "their" park? I remember seeing old video of Walt saying he wanted a place so that guests could escape the outside world. That is the basis for the whole thread. And, if that means that I need to stand that way on coke, kodak, or anything else so be it. Let's get rid of Coke, Kodak, Edy's, all corporate sponsorships on attractions. Whatever it takes to get McDonald's out of the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom