George's Epic WDW predictions

The Magical Genie 123

Yes the quality is slipping as a whole. There's some very bad casting and very bad management snipping those thorns off.
I feel that years gone by there would be 1 or 2 bad CMs a trip with every other one you encountered going above and beyond (Disney basics) now it's turned; there's mediocre CMs, more terrible ones and then the great are the few and far between.

I always see the argument of people have these crazy expectations of Disney and I'm sorry but that is Disney's fault. These celebrations didn't come from nowhere but it was their USP. We will give you the happiest or most magical day ever. We will recover your bad situation. Dropped your popcorn? Here's another! Cheesy smile! :)

Now it's standards are well standard. And that is why quality has slipped because people want to argue and justify why that slipping is ok.

I think that most of the CM's are great at WDW. Sure, there's the occasional dud, which I encounter 3-4 times a trip. But a lot of CM's are great, and a lot of them say have magical day to me or my family.

Well Ben, That's why God made Apples and Oranges. Glad you had a chuckle on me! I can assure you that I don't go looking for misery at Disney. I, like you, have been going numerous years and in those years, have experienced absolutely fantastic service and magic unheard of. That's why we were so disappointed this year. Maybe you just hit it right and maybe I just hit it wrong. Doesn't negate the fact of our experience. I will look forward to see what others that have been in the past few weeks that used the FP+ have to say. Merry Christmas!

I think that most of the CM's are great at WDW. Sure, there's the occasional dud, which I encounter 3-4 times a trip. But a lot of CM's are great, and a lot of them say have magical day to me or my family.

Epcot-Rules

I love Universal and Busch Gardens buy Disney has the bubble. For me, this is the couple times a year where I go on vacation and surround my family and I in that bubble. I have a stressful job running my construction company. Disney has a way of making me forget that there is a world out there where decisions are still being made, deadlines are still being met. This is so important to me.

I think Disney is some what on the decline quality wise, but the bubble can't be reproduced anywhere else that I have discovered!! This is what keeps me coming back!!

Voxel

President of Progress City
If you can't admit that you're paying more and receiving less, then I've got a bridge I'd love to sell you.
While I admit some prices have increase but I wonder what percentage is inflation and the decrease value of the American dollar since 2001. For instance the xbox one and ps4 look more expensive then previous consoles but when adjusted for inflation the Atari and segas were more expensive. Including one reaching near $800 in today's money.

Voxel

Standard inflation since '01: 31.7%
One day at MK inflation since '01: 97.9%
So we can find out park inflation. Do we know. Resort prices inflation and universal tickes. I ask because we can see a similarity. I am not trying to disprove or prove anything I am just really curious. How did you come up with that number?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
So we can find out park inflation. Do we know. Resort prices inflation and universal tickes. I ask because we can see a similarity. I am not trying to disprove or prove anything I am just really curious. How did you come up with that number?
Which number?
Standard inflation is from the government's own inflation calculator: http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm
Disney inflation is simply a comparison of ticket prices: $48 in '01 to $95 currently.
As for comparing it to Uni, I really don't see why that's necessary; we have enough WDW vs Uni threads as is. Either way, I, personally, cannot find Uni prices from '01 (current is $92), but you KNOW they've been adding to, not detracting from, their theme park offerings in that time.

Voxel

Which number?
Standard inflation is from the government's own inflation calculator: http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm
Disney inflation is simply a comparison of ticket prices: $48 in '01 to $95 currently.
As for comparing it to Uni, I really don't see why that's necessary; we have enough WDW vs Uni threads as is. Either way, I, personally, cannot find Uni prices from '01 (current is $92), but you KNOW they've been adding to, not detracting from, their theme park offerings in that time.
I wasn't gonna make a Disney uni comparison I was wantin to see if the inflation of Disney prices were in line with parks around Orlando and the United States. If that makes senses.
I think I am gonna try to take a deep look into this today and see what else I can find out.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
In a perfect world, Disney would understand that well-trained, well-compensated CMs are the proverbial keys to the kingdom, but that's a hard sell at a board meeting where the people in charge don't have any connection to worker OR guest, and are only interested in profit margin.

This last bit is the key to nearly ALL the issues with TWDC P&R these days, Back in Walt/9 Old Men/Eisner days the senior management was on the ground at the parks EVERY DAY wandering around seeing what worked and what did not.

Executives and management had a direct connection to the Parks, CM's and guests at a direct level CM's knew them by sight and name and "Good Morning 'Michael' " did not get one fired because that was the name on his CM badge which he WORE unlike the current crop of executives who consider the badge the mark of being an 'untouchable' ie a CM.

When I was network manager for a large regional airline, One day I was at one of our hubs for a meeting with our president (a Marine) with the other managers. President looked out window and saw baggage and cargo backing up on ramp. Meeting immediately ended and we all put on overalls, rampie vests and hearing protection and everyone INCLUDING the president loaded baggage and cargo on the planes so flights would go out on time. Turns out there had been some bad food at airport and ramp staff was nearly all sick, But THIS is the kind of company TWDC used to be.

3WaltFans

If you can't admit that you're paying more and receiving less, then I've got a bridge I'd love to sell you.

Isn't that in genral, everything in life? We know that you don't like Disney, so why come on this site!!

Go to Universal, enjoy yourself, thats great.

Peace,-Love,-Tuba.png

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If they're not treated right and can't be proud of their product, there's really no reason for CM's to be happy. There are some exceptions, but they're growing rarer with each passing fiscal quarter.

Why do Southwest and jetBlue keep packing the planes - because they have Happy, well paid staff who actually CARE for the company because the company CARES for them. Amazing how that formula just keeps delivering profits year after year.

The beatings will continue until morale improves style will deliver increased profits over the very short term - after that it crashes.

Ben_since_1971

Well Ben, That's why God made Apples and Oranges. Glad you had a chuckle on me! I can assure you that I don't go looking for misery at Disney. I, like you, have been going numerous years and in those years, have experienced absolutely fantastic service and magic unheard of. That's why we were so disappointed this year. Maybe you just hit it right and maybe I just hit it wrong. Doesn't negate the fact of our experience. I will look forward to see what others that have been in the past few weeks that used the FP+ have to say. Merry Christmas!
I didn't say it negated your experience. I do feel bad your trip was a disappointment. I was just pointing out the whole subjective-ness of experiences. Merry Christmas to you as well!!!

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Isn't that in genral, everything in life? We know that you don't like Disney, so why come on this site!!

Go to Universal, enjoy yourself, thats great.

You have absolutely no right to tell me what I like. Pixie dusters like you just don't understand that you can love the history and legacy of a company, while having contempt for current management.
It's like this: if your kid were getting in trouble and being a general pain, you would tell them what they need to do to improve, but you wouldn't stop loving them. Some parents, though, will let their kids coast and wreck things for themselves and others.
Which parent are you?

Voxel

You have absolutely no right to tell me what I like. Pixie dusters like you just don't understand that you can love the history and legacy of a company, while having contempt for current management.
It's like this: if your kid were getting in trouble and being a general pain, you would tell them what they need to do to improve, but you wouldn't stop loving them. Some parents, though, will let their kids coast and wreck things for themselves and others.
Which parent are you?

While Iger did what very few CEO's did during the recession I can not wait for 2016 for a new CEO, Hopefully one more parks oriented.
For Iger I have a mix of Love and Hate for him. He increased Disney's value and image as a company during a time when companies were failing or coming close to failing, but in doing that Iger and his management shifted focus from the parks (Which during the early parts of his reign made sense with recession and less people visiting), but now that the Parks are bringing in money again he doesn't know how they are to be managed properly. Ideally we would get someone who started off near the bottom of the Disney Company (in the parks preferably), who knows the parks and understands guest love for the parks in 2016.

Jimmy Thick

Why do Southwest and jetBlue keep packing the planes - because they have Happy, well paid staff who actually CARE for the company because the company CARES for them. Amazing how that formula just keeps delivering profits year after year.

The beatings will continue until morale improves style will deliver increased profits over the very short term - after that it crashes.

Southwest and JetBlue also made wise deals for jet fuel with long term contracts years ago which is a huge reason for their profits.

Good customer service though, especially Southwest.

Jimmy Thick- Someone was thinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom