General News on Epcot

Kevin

I'm all for more countries in WS and Epcot-WS is my favorite park. However, if they build a Swiss pavilion, I sure hope they put something a lot better than the Matterhorn from DL in there. Does anyone else agree that the Matterhorn, although a great attraction at DL, is a very dated attraction and could be significantly improved using today's technology. In fact, I think they should go for something that really raises the bar beyond a simple kiddie coaster through a basic mountain.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm sure they wouldn't use the exact design from DL, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the same name used with a new, faster coaster with a few surprises added. :)

markymark

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

Anybody know what Horizon's attendence figures were during that time (before GE dumped it)?

I cant imagine that they were that good, either. Wasn't it closed for really long periods at a time? I know we went a couple of years running and we couldn't get in.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by markymark

I cant imagine that they were that good, either. Wasn't it closed for really long periods at a time? I know we went a couple of years running and we couldn't get in.

Yes it was... toward the end of its "life", it experienced several periods of being closed... only to open again and then close again! :(

markymark

That used to really bug me, coz I always wanted to show my wife how good it was, and we always seemed to miss out on it! Fortunately she did manage to ride it, quite a number of times over, so thankfully she didn't miss out on this classic.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by markymark
That used to really bug me, coz I always wanted to show my wife how good it was, and we always seemed to miss out on it! Fortunately she did manage to ride it, quite a number of times over, so thankfully she didn't miss out on this classic.

My last ride on it was either August of 97 or January of 96 (can't remember which one... probably august 97). My last trip to WDW was Dec. of 99 and it was closed at this point.

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

My last ride on it was either August of 97 or January of 96 (can't remember which one... probably august 97). My last trip to WDW was Dec. of 99 and it was closed at this point.

I can't remember my last ride. I want to say summer of 95. I don't remember being there after that when it was open. :(

At least I have the whole ride on video.:)

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

I can't remember my last ride. I want to say summer of 95. I don't remember being there after that when it was open. :(

At least I have the whole ride on video.:)

You do???? I have been looking for a video of that ride for ages! Do you take bribes???

Mag1575

Thank you for all that wonderful information about Epcot! I'm truly happy to see that there will be more countries added to WS. Thanks again.

Mark

You are talking to a former Chicagoan. :)

No kidding! Chicago is where I was born and raised (I hear the "It's a Small World" song playing in the background **shudder**). What part of Chicago are you from?

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by figmentcrazy

No kidding! Chicago is where I was born and raised (I hear the "It's a Small World" song playing in the background **shudder**). What part of Chicago are you from?

I grew up and spent my first 22 years in Des Plaines (still have ringing in my ears from O'Hare). :)

How about you?

Grim Grinner

Did someone say Chicago?

I still live in the 'Burbs. I currently live in Glendale Heights, but I've just bought a house and will live in Naperville at the end of the month.

It's a Small world after all (sorry, I just had to type it...) heh...

I grew up and spent my first 22 years in Des Plaines (still have ringing in my ears from O'Hare). :)

How about you?

I grew up in Rogers Park (gotta love that dead fish smell), and most of my family still lives in the area.

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by figmentcrazy

I grew up in Rogers Park (gotta love that dead fish smell), and most of my family still lives in the area.

Yeah most of my family still lives in the Chicagoland area. My Uncle and Aunt are still in the same house my family has owned since the 1920's near Lawerence and Elston.

Best city in the world IMO. Coming back in two weeks and staying downtown on the Magnificent Mile for an extended weekend. Dinning, dancing, a Cubs game (I'm a Sox fan but they are out of town :) ) Navy Pier, Grant Park, the Museums, Rush St., Watertower......I hope I can get it all in.

You know, it's funny... I love Chicago more now that I don't live there. I usually manage to make it out for Jazz/Blue fest and Taste of Chicago (can't miss that!). I also like to try and catch a Bears game or two. :D

sillyspook13

Originally posted by jazcatsnh
Italy is under renovation, the entire main building is wrapped in cloth that looks like the building. Lind of funny but fine. Will be done in the fall. Italy also has shows all evening with dancers, masquerades etc. Really cool to watch.
It's just too tempting.....

Attachments

• bryan&me.jpg
    bryan&me.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 126

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom