General Mills to make Disney Cereals

Vernonpush

Original Poster
From the Orlando Sentinel:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...n03,0,1087949.story?coll=orl-middayupdate-biz

"General Mills Inc. will no longer offer reduced-sugar Trix and Cocoa Puffs because of slow sales and will replace them with three new cereals branded with Walt Disney Co. characters.

General Mills will stop selling Trix and Cocoa Puffs with 75% less sugar in U.S. supermarkets in March, said Thomas Forsythe, a spokesman for the Minneapolis-based company. It will offer cereals featuring Disney's Mickey Mouse, Princess line and Little Einsteins."

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Interesting. I remeber a few years back (maybe about 5 years or so) there were a handful of Disney cereals. I remember one that was Winnie the Pooh themed and it was quite yummy. There were a few other character cereals but I don't know if I ever tried those. I don't recall the manufactuer of them either. I wonder if it was General Mills. Maybe one of the new cereals will be a re-imagineering of the Winnie the Pooh cereal. I'd buy it. :slurp:

hcswingfield

I wonder how much sugar will be in the princess-themed cereals. Too much could make it frustrating to the little girls who think eating the cereal will make them look like the illustration on the box.

Steamboat_Kevin

Mickey's Magix, anyone?

250px-Cereal_kelloggs_mickeys_magix.jpg

:slurp:

Vernonpush

Original Poster
Ok, they have the Pooh Cereal, and the Pooh Honey, but when are they going to have the Pooh instant orange flavored breakfast drink (like the astronauts).... Think about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom