General crafting, sewing, Legos, hobby Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
And a jigsaw :cautious:
I forgot. I’m sorry!
Sorry With Love GIF by Amazon Prime Video

erstwo

IMG_0300.jpeg
Usually, traveling a lot means I get a lot of needlepoint or cross stitch done. This summer, not so much! I’ve been ‘stuck’ 🤣 with co-workers or family and can’t be in my own little world as much.
I am taking a needlepoint class at my local shop and trying to master some challenging stitches (with mixed results as seen in this sampler!).
I love the top left stitch. For the bottom right, Made a mistake somewhere on row 5 or 6 - thought I could work it out, but it turns out I just kept repeating the mistake. So I have to (eventually) pull out those rows and finish that block at some point!
Hard to see in this photo but I experimented with metallic thread and loved the results in the bottom left.

Ricky Spanish

Hey gardening friends, it's that time of the year. Loads of tomatoes coming in.
I have plenty of family and friends to share with but still have so many( I planted 87 tomato plants). And I don't like canning. So my suggestion is freezing. I seed.the tomatoes and puree them in my food processor. Package them in square plastic containers and into the deep freeze. I use them well throughout the year in soups, stews, chili, etc. 20240727_160834.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hey gardening friends, it's that time of the year. Loads of tomatoes coming in.
I have plenty of family and friends to share with but still have so many( I planted 87 tomato plants). And I don't like canning. So my suggestion is freezing. I seed.the tomatoes and puree them in my food processor. Package them in square plastic containers and into the deep freeze. I use them well throughout the year in soups, stews, chili, etc. View attachment 804468

I make up spaghetti sauces and salsa and freeze along with some plain puree tomatoes too. I don't want to can either. Last year I made chili and froze that too, I didn't add any meat to it before freezing it was just the seasoned sauce. It froze well. I mostly use the tomatoes I grow to make spaghetti sauce for the year, so it is just as easy to make the seasoned sauce before I freeze so later in the year I can just pull them out and use it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom