Gen 1 Conversation Mickey-next week

PamelaNiebergal

I'm dying to see this! Hopefully it will come to Disneyland too as we'll be there in December. If not maybe we'll see it next spring. Not creepy to me at all - will be so much better than the regular meet and greets.

dizben19

As of today around 11am Disneyland Imagineers where in the theater. They informed some cast members there today that they were filming something with talking mickey that would be posted on you tube that would explain the new mickey since they apparently had trouble at DL with guests posting different information. I can say that many cast members from both entertainment and main street ops are worried about the guest responses that will come, if you have been to the theater and met Mickey you would understand why. Should be available either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Cosmic Commando

As of today around 11am Disneyland Imagineers where in the theater. They informed some cast members there today that they were filming something with talking mickey that would be posted on you tube that would explain the new mickey since they apparently had trouble at DL with guests posting different information. I can say that many cast members from both entertainment and main street ops are worried about the guest responses that will come, if you have been to the theater and met Mickey you would understand why. Should be available either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Huh? What is negative about this talking Mickey? Sounds like him... can actually talk to your kid and say their name... sounds like a winner.

MarkTwain

I thought the same thing. The blank eyes and the moving mouth... Reminded me of the talking dummy in that Twilight Zone episode.

I have a feeling that 30 years from now, once the talking Mickey is the only thing within most guests' memory, they'll be looking at video of our unblinking, untalking Mickey and think he's the creepy one. :lol:

BigThunderMatt

Huh? What is negative about this talking Mickey? Sounds like him... can actually talk to your kid and say their name... sounds like a winner.

Actually, the version they were testing at Disneyland lately has more canned responses that are not personalized.

The one where he was using actual names was very early on, and how I have been told it was done would not be feasible on large scale.

Also, in regards to this, I believe that due to Town Square Theater's design, guests entering to meet Mickey might....ah...hear Mickey talking before they see him, but when they get to him, he doesn't talk, if you catch my drift.

dizben19

If you have been to the meet and greets you know there are different rooms that all exit in the same area. Whats gonna happen when little Johnny is talking about how awesome it was to hear Mickey talk to him and say his name and then Sally says to mom how come he didn't talk to me. Its very similar to now when one child sees only Mickey and one sees both Mickey and Minnie. I think a talking Mickey is a great idea for parades and maybe walking down main street, but for actually meet and greets I just think it's not the best thing.

drew81

Original Poster
If you have been to the meet and greets you know there are different rooms that all exit in the same area. Whats gonna happen when little Johnny is talking about how awesome it was to hear Mickey talk to him and say his name and then Sally says to mom how come he didn't talk to me. Its very similar to now when one child sees only Mickey and one sees both Mickey and Minnie. I think a talking Mickey is a great idea for parades and maybe walking down main street, but for actually meet and greets I just think it's not the best thing.

That's a valid point.

Once word gets out I wonder if they'll have guests specifically requesting that room??

JWG

That's a valid point.

Once word gets out I wonder if they'll have guests specifically requesting that room??

Does the average guest realize there's more than one room/Mickey? At Toon Town Fair they did a good job of disguising that fact - especially for the Princesses. Unless you went through the line multiple times intentionally paying attention to your surroundings, you may never notice.

If you can hear Mickey in line, my concern would be what if I just finished visiting with Mickey and all of a sudden I hear him talking in a different place. OR what if I can hear "other" Mickey talking and it's obviously not Mickey (as in Mickey I'm with)?

Better sound proof those rooms. We nearly had a disaster with Mickey a year or so ago (closer to two now I guess). We exited from seeing Mickey at Toon Town Fair and walked past the other room's exit before the door was fully closed from previous visitors. Luckily, our daughter was trailing behind.

dizben19

As it stands right now guests already request to see Minnie and the cast members have to basically repeat multiple times that they can go back there and see if she's there but we don't know and don't guarantee her. Same thing applies for princesses. So yes when people start to find out about "talking Mickey" they will be very upset that Mickey didn't talk to them. About the guest realizing there is multiple rooms, it happens daily, it was worse when it first opened cause the doors weren't locked from the outside so people could walk into a room. Mostly teens and some "smarter" little ones. The biggest problem group is Brazilians because there so loud about everything and make a big deal so when they exit and see another room open they start talking about it. As I previously said I think "talking Mickey" is a great idea but until there is enough for everyone I don't think it should be involved in a M&G.

dizben19

They weren't even letting the cast members know about it, thankfully some of the Entertainment cast members who work and see how abused TST cast can get by unhappy guest gave us a heads up. I can tell you it was definitely a hot topic among the cast members there

imagineer boy

I really REALLY hope this is the mickey that can have conversations with people and not the Mickey with the prerecorded voice.

But this is exciting and I don't think its creepy at all. Its the future of meet and greets.

SyracuseOrange

I really REALLY hope this is the mickey that can have conversations with people and not the Mickey with the prerecorded voice.

But this is exciting and I don't think its creepy at all. Its the future of meet and greets.

If you watch the video, you'll see that it looks like there's actual conversation going on instad of the canned stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom