News Gelateria Toscana - Construction between Italy and American Adventure pavilions

Hiperjavier2004

So, a new restaurant called "La Gelateria" food restaurant are Coming to the expansion of Italy Pavilion?

Well, now, the transformation of EPCOT continues........

Because "La Gelateria" must be new foods, drinks, appetizers and dessert restaurant in the expansion of Italy Pavilion, which is right location to the next door of "The American Adventure" pavilion at EPCOT!!!

And now, next Thursday, I want to see EPCOT Presentation and let's find out the answers about reveal the opening dates of EPCOT's transformation in Virtual D23 Fantastic Worlds Celebration event!!!

Got it?👌

UNCgolf

Italy already had/has a Gelato stand. I was under the impression that it was doing well as is and didn’t really need extra space, but I guess it’s getting it. Wouldn’t be shocked to see a more robust slate come with it similar to the Choza de Margarita Stand.

This was my assumption. The small gelato stand they had was really good, but it only had, what, 3 or 4 flavors? I'm guessing this bigger/more permanent stand will have a wider selection.

Haymarket2008

So, a new restaurant called "La Gelateria" food restaurant are Coming to the expansion of Italy Pavilion?

Well, now, the transformation of EPCOT continues........

Because "La Gelateria" must be new foods, drinks, appetizers and dessert restaurant in the expansion of Italy Pavilion, which is right location to the next door of "The American Adventure" pavilion at EPCOT!!!

And now, next Thursday, I want to see EPCOT Presentation and let's find out the answers about reveal the opening dates of EPCOT's transformation in Virtual D23 Fantastic Worlds Celebration event!!!

Got it?👌

wut

Marc Davis Fan

Assuming the design fits with (and thus adds to) Italy's theming, I'll be happy with this.

However, it would've been nice to have this further inside the pavilion. The area opposite Tutto Italia has always been an awkwardly empty space that would benefit from more architecture:
Across from Tutto Italia in Italy at EPCOT.png

But of course, if they're focused on "revenue per square foot," a place near the main walkway is going to get more sales...

UNCgolf

I would have preferred something other then another ice cream place. I hope they offer some other food options also.

If it's true gelato, it's not quite the same thing as ice cream. Different mix of ingredients. Gelato is also better, at least in my opinion (Il Vivoli at Disney Springs is much better than any of the ice cream available elsewhere at Disney Springs or elsewhere on property).

I still understand your point, though. They're both frozen, dairy based desserts. It wouldn't hurt to offer some other traditionally Italian desserts like tiramisu and cannoli.

UNCgolf

Assuming the design fits with (and thus adds to) Italy's theming, I'll be happy with this.

However, it would've been nice to have this further inside the pavilion. The area opposite Tutto Italia has always been an awkwardly empty space that would benefit from more architecture:
View attachment 512916

But of course, if they're focused on "revenue per square foot," a place near the main walkway is going to get more sales...

This is the biggest problem. I'm happy to (potentially) have a wider selection of gelato flavors, but it should be inside the pavilion, not next to it along the walkway.

jaklgreen

If it's true gelato, it's not quite the same thing as ice cream. Different mix of ingredients. Gelato is also better, at least in my opinion (Il Vivoli at Disney Springs is much better than any of the ice cream available elsewhere at Disney Springs or elsewhere on property).

I still understand your point, though. They're both frozen, dairy based desserts. It wouldn't hurt to offer some other traditionally Italian desserts like tiramisu and cannoli.

I know the difference between ice cream and gelato. I actually worked at a gelato shop several years ago that made their own. I was simplifying it. We don't need another gelato stand either.

UNCgolf

I know the difference between ice cream and gelato. I actually worked at a gelato shop several years ago that made their own. I was simplifying it. We don't need another gelato stand either.

If it's replacing the existing cart (and I assume it is) then I disagree. Gelato is better than ice cream and it's long deserved a more permanent spot in Italy.

It just shouldn't go on the walkway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom