Game of Thrones season 8 announced

Anders Limpar

Well HBO said first half of 2019 so the speculation is that it will be April 2019. I really, really hope we don't have to wait until the summer for it to premiere.

Princess Leia

So how many episodes do we think the Greyjoy plot is going to be stretched out over? Because with only 6 episodes in this season, I can’t see it getting extended over any more than the first two?

Anders Limpar

This whole show has been about nobody having a happy ending. That whole line Ramsey had about if you expect this to end well you haven't been paying attention is the show in a nutshell.

I'm predicting the White Walkers to win. But then I'm like, surely the writers can't do that.

Has there ever been a story where it ends with the bad guys winning? The actual end of the entire story, so Empire Strikes Back doesn't count.

Princess Leia

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillaume/game-of-thrones-season-8-character-death-predictions

I disagree with some of the rankings here:
Robyn Arryn- probably going to die
Yohn Royce- I honestly don't know if the show cares about him enough to show him dying
Yara- of all of the Greyjoys, I think she has the highest chance of living

This whole show has been about nobody having a happy ending. That whole line Ramsey had about if you expect this to end well you haven't been paying attention is the show in a nutshell.

I'm predicting the White Walkers to win. But then I'm like, surely the writers can't do that.

Has there ever been a story where it ends with the bad guys winning? The actual end of the entire story, so Empire Strikes Back doesn't count.
GRRM has stated that the ending is bittersweet. I read somewhere that a comparison would be LOTR: sure they defeated Sauron, but Frodo never returned to the Shire as the hobbit he left as. He chose to leave his hobbit friends behind to leave with the elves and Gandalf. Now, I think GoT will have a slightly darker ending than that, but I don't see it being that bleak.

As for stories where the bad guys win? Well, 40 year old spoiler here, but Chinatown is bleak. Maybe Gone Girl too.

LittleBuford

I’m not OK with Daenerys not being the rightful queen, nor with her incestuous relationship with Jon Snow. I really, really hope that there’s a further twist to his parentage.

Princess Leia

I’m not OK with Daenerys not being the rightful queen, nor with her incestuous relationship with Jon Snow. I really, really hope that there’s a further twist to his parentage.
The throne is won by conquest. Robert won it from the Targaryens, so his legal children (or at least, what a lot of people believed to be his children) were the next in line. Cersei has zero right over it (theoretically should have gone to a Baratheon cousin), but it could be argued that she has kept the throne due to intimidation. If the people in charge (lords and ladies, because the regular people don’t really care who is in power) want to use the ‘first born’ logic though, then it’s Jon’s title. He may not want it, but it’s his.

I feel like Jon will tell Dany next episode about him being her nephew, which I am very thankful for, as Kit and Emilia have no chemistry at all.

mf1972

Original Poster
60DA5F67-F8D1-4321-A7E8-A658810F8E0A.jpeg

this guy 😂🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom