GAC to Become DAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconPancakes

Here's another gem I found posted:

Jill Caesar Walker Yeh..i was thinking the same thing..there was another man who wanted to get rid of special needs people too, years ago..he had a little moustashe
Like · Reply · 37 minutes ago

Marti Williams I think I remember...in fact he succeeded in getting rid of quite a few by taking them out and gassing them in trucks on deserted roads and then lying to the families that they had been placed in safe, places were they would get good food, health care and be allowed to reach their full potential.​

devoy1701

Here's a good one I found posted online that supposedly came from AutismHippie's FB page:

Hello
I called Disney (florida) yesterday to find out about how the pass will work. I spoke to a lady named April which was not very pleasant. After she explained how the pass would work (fastpass basically) except you can only get one at a time and have to wait around and as she kept referring to it.. go snack in the meantime I tried to explain this would not work for our Autistic son as #2 he does NOT snack and #2 what will we do with him in the meantime. If even his hair gets wet from the heat he will tantrum. I asked her to please contact the dept of cancellations so that I can weigh in my options. She then told me that she would contact that dept and they would get back to me. I said to her that if this is the case I will probably have to cancel our annual tickets and cut ties all together with the one place that made my son happy. HONESTLY SHE DID NOT CARE ONE BIT. Now today I get this email from her:

Dear Mrs. Bellido,

Thank you again for speaking with me yesterday regarding the Disney Parks and Resorts.

As we discussed, I have completed the refund transaction for the Walt Disney World Annual Passes monthly contract for yourself, Adrian and Adrian Jr. The refund amount is $215.36 and will be applied to your Visa ending in XXXX You should expect to see this amount refunded within the next 10 business days. Please note, as of this notification, your Annual Passes are no longer valid for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort.

Should you have any questions, you are welcome to contact the Guest Experience Services team at 407-560-2544. Please note our office hours are available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm EST or Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm.

Mrs. Bellido, thank you again for your feedback and we do hope someday we will have the opportunity to visit with you and your family once again.

Sincerely,

April (on behalf of)

Ramey Stinson

Guest Experience Services

Walt Disney World Resort

407-560-2544

NOW MY QUESTION TO HER ONCE I CALLED HER WAS WHO GAVE YOU AUTHORIZATION TO CANCEL MY PASSES? SHE TELLS ME THAT SHE DID IT BECAUSE OF MY TONE OF VOICE. DISNEY YOU ARE BECOMING QUITE A SHAMEFUL COMPANY AND NOT A VERY MAGICAL PLACE AT ALL. I AM SADDENED BY THE WAY YOU ARE TREATING YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS. I WENT TO YOUR PARKS 3-5 TIMES A YEARS BUYING AND SPENDING OUR HARD EARNED MONIES JUST TO SEE OUR SON SMILE. SHAME ON YOU FOR TREATING US THIS WAY!!!!!!

Sincerely
ONE UPSET MOTHER!

:cool:

"I hate everything about you Disney! I hope me making this mildly threatening phone call about you losing your $1000/year from me will make you change your mind! WAIT....YOU CANCELLED MY PASSES?!?!?!?"

keep em coming Bacon!

BaconPancakes

keep em coming Bacon!

One more and I promise I will be done:

http://www.atragickingdom.com

Has a tag line of:

"Sharing the stories about the hardships and sadness caused by Disney's abandonment and disregard of those with special needs."
Via the Q&A section:
Q: "How are our children being accommodated in between the time we request to go on a ride and the time we can go on it? They should have given an unlimited fast pass."
A: "That is one of the issues with new system. We are being TOLD what to do. Go see a show, get a snack, rest. How condescending! We do not have the same treatment as able-bodied and minded people who visit the parks. What kid wants to rest or get a snack?! They want to go on rides!"

Goofyernmost

Has a tag line of:

"Sharing the stories about the hardships and sadness caused by Disney's abandonment and disregard of those with special needs."
Via the Q&A section:
Q: "How are our children being accommodated in between the time we request to go on a ride and the time we can go on it? They should have given an unlimited fast pass."
A: "That is one of the issues with new system. We are being TOLD what to do. Go see a show, get a snack, rest. How condescending! We do not have the same treatment as able-bodied and minded people who visit the parks. What kid wants to rest or get a snack?! They want to go on rides!"
I swear, if they are ever going to have a chance of actually having any affect on Disney policies they will have to find people with more intelligence then a rock to write up the protest. "We do not have the same treatment as able-bodied". Right? Able bodied have to do that for every single ride they want to go on. They can get a fastpass but not multiple ones, they have to either snack or rest or go to other rides while they wait for their FP window to open AND they must stay within the window whereas disabled can come back when they get there.

If they did indeed refund her AP, I can't help but think hooray! Finally, calling a bluff might have the effect of cutting down on threats as well. Sounds like they are trying, at least, to get their house in order.

arko

....abuse or no abuse ....the GAC was going to change / go away. There was NO WAY that it could remain as it was ...and be given to SO many as easily as it was ....AND have the new FP+, MagicBands, YourMagic (or whatever it's called) systems function properly.

....you could not have X number of guests scheduled via FP+ with their MagicBands to arrive during a certain hours time at a specific attraction ...and still have 10 or 20 'rogue' people with GAC's show up in that same time slot ...with whatever entourage of up to 5 added persons they may have ...and not have the system bog down. Disney is going to manage their guests ...and their time as they see fit to make their systems work ....and that's the bottom line....BECAUSE ...it's all about the bottom line.

The DAS doesn't really change the rogue factor, sure it will change volume, but so will FP+, once it is park wide and paper FP's are gone there should be a fairly large decrease in the number of people in the FP line, because each person will be limited to 3.
But you can still get fastpass at the same time. So with 3 fastpass+ and the Gac, I am sure that, even if you only do a half day, you will be able to ride about the same amount as other do that wait in the lines. I have been going to WDW for 16 years and have been taking my kids since they were 1 &2 yo. There have been trips that we were lucky to get 5 rides in for the day before we left the park for some quiet time. I also can not wait in long lines for a medical reason so that cuts us down to rides with fastpasses or anything under a 30 min wait. I never asked for any special pass, we do what we are able to do and are happy that we are fortunate enough to be able to go to WDW at all.

For those with physical issues this system will work just fine, those with cognitive problems will have a bit more difficult time, depending on their ability to be flexible. And the fact that you didn't use a GAC was your choice.

We used it and we survived, we certainly will either have to spend more time at the park or simply do less overall. That is simply something we will have to judge on return trips.

Our AP's come due in May, and we will have a serious discussion whether the significant investment is worth it or not. We have avoided Universal because Disney was more accommodating, but now they are on equal footing so maybe we will try them out for a year, or simply not go anywhere.

arko

Has a tag line of:

Via the Q&A section:

Yeah she is not helping her cause much here.

duchess1

Here's a good one I found posted online that supposedly came from AutismHippie's FB page:

Hello
I called Disney (florida) yesterday to find out about how the pass will work. I spoke to a lady named April which was not very pleasant. After she explained how the pass would work (fastpass basically) except you can only get one at a time and have to wait around and as she kept referring to it.. go snack in the meantime I tried to explain this would not work for our Autistic son as #2 he does NOT snack and #2 what will we do with him in the meantime. If even his hair gets wet from the heat he will tantrum. I asked her to please contact the dept of cancellations so that I can weigh in my options. She then told me that she would contact that dept and they would get back to me. I said to her that if this is the case I will probably have to cancel our annual tickets and cut ties all together with the one place that made my son happy. HONESTLY SHE DID NOT CARE ONE BIT. Now today I get this email from her:

Dear Mrs. Bellido,

Thank you again for speaking with me yesterday regarding the Disney Parks and Resorts.

As we discussed, I have completed the refund transaction for the Walt Disney World Annual Passes monthly contract for yourself, Adrian and Adrian Jr. The refund amount is $215.36 and will be applied to your Visa ending in XXXX You should expect to see this amount refunded within the next 10 business days. Please note, as of this notification, your Annual Passes are no longer valid for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort.

Should you have any questions, you are welcome to contact the Guest Experience Services team at 407-560-2544. Please note our office hours are available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm EST or Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm.

Mrs. Bellido, thank you again for your feedback and we do hope someday we will have the opportunity to visit with you and your family once again.

Sincerely,

April (on behalf of)

Ramey Stinson

Walt Disney World Resort

407-560-2544

NOW MY QUESTION TO HER ONCE I CALLED HER WAS WHO GAVE YOU AUTHORIZATION TO CANCEL MY PASSES? SHE TELLS ME THAT SHE DID IT BECAUSE OF MY TONE OF VOICE. DISNEY YOU ARE BECOMING QUITE A SHAMEFUL COMPANY AND NOT A VERY MAGICAL PLACE AT ALL. I AM SADDENED BY THE WAY YOU ARE TREATING YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS. I WENT TO YOUR PARKS 3-5 TIMES A YEARS BUYING AND SPENDING OUR HARD EARNED MONIES JUST TO SEE OUR SON SMILE. SHAME ON YOU FOR TREATING US THIS WAY!!!!!!

Sincerely
ONE UPSET MOTHER!
Priceless. Except for the poor kid that can't go to Disney.

Don't make an ultimatum if you can't accept the consequenses. Besides, doesn't Disney have the right to cancel your passes without your permission at any time?

Nice to see them calling people's bluff.

NowInc

Don't make an ultimatum if you can't accept the consequenses. Besides, doesn't Disney have the right to cancel your passes without your permission at any time?

Technically, she did authorize it by saying she wanted to be put in touch with the cancellation department to discuss her options. There is only one option there, thus the name cancellation.

EOD K9

:
They are not telling them what to do, merely offering suggestions. Maybe the sound effect of, "Bing" (think Soarin') followed by, "You are now free to move about the park".

Jellybelly

Hello

Dear Mrs. Bellido,

Sincerely,

April (on behalf of)

Ramey Stinson

Walt Disney World Resort

407-560-2544

Sincerely
ONE UPSET MOTHER!

To that mother..

Disney was just doing what you asked. You said
I asked her to please contact the dept of cancellations so that I can weigh in my options
". So Disney said " Okay, No problem". You basically just told them to cancel the AP's yourself. You need to take responsibility for your own actions. This is not Disney's fault. Disney can take back those AP's anytime they see fit.

Also your a mother, you should be able to figure out on your own what to do with your kid while waiting for your return time. I mean seriously, Disney is not there to make up your mind for you.

flynnibus

Premium Member
"...so that I can weigh in my options" - does not mean 'please cancel me now'

but of course we are only hearing the story from a skewed irate person. To think that it's objective, balanced, and complete is delusional in it's own right.

Not worth the energy...

Jellybelly

but of course we are only hearing the story from a skewed irate person. To think that it's objective, balanced, and complete is delusional in it's own right.

Not worth the energy...

she also said
I said to her that if this is the case I will probably have to cancel our annual tickets and cut ties all together
So basically she just gave them the okay to do so.

JimboJones123

Has a tag line of:

Via the Q&A section:
Genius. Those poor disabled individuals that can only go on rides once inside the gate. What a terrible condition.

Goofyernmost

We got her side of the story, but just from what she said that she said, it seems like it would be easy to feel that this was what she was demanding. Either change it to suit me or give me my money back because I can no longer go there. I truly doubt that the lady on the other end said that she sent it back because she didn't like her tone. Total Bull in my opinion.

And yes, Disney can deny access to anyone that they chose. When considering the sensitivity of this subject you can bet they didn't do it just for spite. I would bet the farm that it was worded as an either I get what I want or I want you to refund my money. I'm also pretty sure that Disney recorded that conversation, probably as a matter of normal procedure, but they must feel that they can prove it as a request.

JimboJones123

Not worth the energy...
Working in a customer service capacity, when we had customers reach a level beyond irate that turned to threatening, we cancelled any future financial obligation and sent refunds as well. I am fairly sure that we are getting a very edited version of this.

JerseyDad

......I'm pretty sure that I mentioned WAY BACK WHEN in this thread ...that I contacted both CNN and NBC/ Today Show ...and asked them to do a FULL expose` on this issue .....from BOTH sides of the fence.

.....first: I really hope they read my requests ...and do a report. (I sincerely doubt I'm the only person out there that contacted a news agency regarding this)

.....second: I hope they include all these recent posts from the "Anti-DAS" crowd ....because it really sheds a whole lot of light on what Disney has to deal with on a daily basis

Last edited:

EOD K9

If you call the cancellation dept, what other option is there? Is it, "give me a stockpile of fastpasses"? "give me what I want NOW or I'll cancel? What was customer service supposed to do at the cancellation dept other than cancel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom