GAC to Become DAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

flynnibus

Premium Member
she also said So basically she just gave them the okay to do so.

No - that's not what 'I will probably... ' means.

I can't believe I've had to respond to this.. twice now. Is reading comprehension really that bad out in the larger population now? My god we are doomed.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

I can't believe I've had to respond to this.. twice now. Is reading comprehension really that bad out in the larger population now? My god we are doomed.
Sorry, I have to disagree....she threatened to cancel by asking for the "cancellation department"...her bluff got called.

JimboJones123

Again, how much of her story are we to trust. Something led the CM to believe that she was escallating things to an uncommon level.

Why could she not wait for the cancellation department? It was so important that she get there then not wait for it to happen?

Again, working in similar customer service, I am quite sure she demanded to get to the cancellation department in a very escallated and finite manner. While being transfered, she hung up. Not knowing what her exact final request was, the CM opeted to be cautious and cancelled. Better that than have the lady call back even more upset threatening lawsuit if she is charged again.

Seriously, if she was charged the next month and she had thought she had cancelled, what next?

I_heart_Tigger

Not to side track (well maybe...) but does anyone have stats to approximately how many GAC's were given on average per day. I have a friend who is on a rampage about how her son (who actually hasn't been to WDW since he was an infant) would not be able to use the new system and that, "What's the big deal about giving 5 or 10 people a day a pass to the front of the line?"

I would like to respond with at least a little background to tell her it's a lot more than 5-10 people a day that are requesting these.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Again, how much of her story are we to trust

I already said we can't trust her story. But what some people are saying here is she asked for that action and the CM just complied. Something they are basing just on the words the customer provided... is not true. People are simply being spiteful - not factual.

The CM could still be in the right because the story as told by the customer was wrong... but the story as told by the customer as we see here did not include authorizing them to cancel her AP/etc.

arko

Not to side track (well maybe...) but does anyone have stats to approximately how many GAC's were given on average per day. I have a friend who is on a rampage about how her son (who actually hasn't been to WDW since he was an infant) would not be able to use the new system and that, "What's the big deal about giving 5 or 10 people a day a pass to the front of the line?"

I would like to respond with at least a little background to tell her it's a lot more than 5-10 people a day that are requesting these.
depends on who you asked but it is most certainly more than 5 or 10 people.

JerseyDad

....I can assure you it's substantially more than 5 or 10.

....a little story:

....we were at WDW at end of August. My brother's family was there too with us. They have a teen son who's autistic. At MK we went to Small World together ...our family on stand-by ...his family on FP line with their GAC. (great family togetherness on their part ...not!) We got on and off Small World 10 minutes sooner than them because as we noticed ...90% of persons on the FP line were wielding GAC's. Wanted so bad to tell SIL ...(who waves her GAC around like it's a golden ticket from Willy Wonka) ...."When everyone is special ...no one is special".

NowInc

As stated, and I agree. The only thing anyone has to go on is the persons word. I find it pretty flaky. First of all, in her follow a CM would never say they took an action based on the persons tone over a phone call. Second, a cancellation does require authorization...and I'm going to say its safe to say that the FIRST call, she did just that...but left that fact out to help make her look like a victim.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
As stated, and I agree. The only thing anyone has to go on is the persons word. I find it pretty flaky. First of all, in her follow a CM would never say they took an action based on the persons tone over a phone call. Second, a cancellation does require authorization...and I'm going to say its safe to say that the FIRST call, she did just that...but left that fact out to help make her look like a victim.
She was probably so blinded by her self important rage that she spouted off "just cancel me completely"....which Disney did.

arko

I already said we can't trust her story. But what some people are saying here is she asked for that action and the CM just complied. Something they are basing just on the words the customer provided... is not true. People are simply being spiteful - not factual.

The CM could still be in the right because the story as told by the customer was wrong... but the story as told by the customer as we see here did not include authorizing them to cancel her AP/etc.

Doesn't really matter whether she asked or not

As per Disneyland AP agreement

Disney reserves the right to cancel, suspend or revoke any Passport or deny theme park admission to any Passholder at any time for any reason

She is lucky she got her money back, but my suspicion is Disney did that to avoid bad publicity, because in the end she lost no money.

My guess is the conversation was recorded and the CM bumped it up and someone made an executive decision.

And I just looked at the Annual Passholder prices at Disneyland and wow are they over priced for 2 parks

JimboJones123

She was probably so blinded by her self important rage that she spouted off "just cancel me completely"....which Disney did.
I am 100% sure this is the case. She said it at some point and never made a clear retraction. She herself pointed out that she abandoned the call before she could confirm the request. Disney has to follow her last clear request. It is a service industry standard on escallated calls. She mentions cancelling, Disney errs on the side of caution. This is what all businesses do.

JimboJones123

Doesn't really matter whether she asked or not

As per Disneyland AP agreement

She is lucky she got her money back, but my suspicion is Disney did that to avoid bad publicity, because in the end she lost no money.

My guess is the conversation was recorded and the CM bumped it up and someone made an executive decision.

And I just looked at the Annual Passholder prices at Disneyland and wow are they over priced for 2 parks
Two parks that offer more attractions than 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom